• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Constitutional Flaws

Nope.

Enabled the "leaders" to eliminate states rights as Madison pointed out.

View attachment 67336286
Words proven true. Freedom means the people in each state can make whatever laws they want, and like minded citizens can gravitate to states desirable to them. Not so much anymore. All power has been usurped by the Central planners. (Mission Accomplished 17th Amendment)

So first step to tyranny, they had to cut the states out of the loop. (M.A. 17th Am.)

So how are senators "accountable" to the people? All they do is wait 6 years after screwing the country over then promise a bunch of retards "free everything" and U peeple fall for it every time. This was the main argument against "Democracy" by the founders. Proven true thru-out history.

A bit of research here. What was the national debt in 1913? What was it after Barry got thru putting all your future earnings (whenever U get old enuff to start working that is) in the governments pockets? You people already slaves and cant even figure it out..... (M.A. 17th amendment)

"Wud" or "Cud" .....ever heard of texting? Libs always try to make yourselves seem smart with idiotic quips. We prefer facts. Got any? Anything "good" that has come from the Senate sence 1913?

USSR "one man one vote". All counted at the central command under the dictators watchful eye. Same thing we will see here once they get rid of the Electoral College.

Where exactly is the word "interpret" in the constitution?

If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be. – Thomas Jefferson

"One single object... [will merit] the endless gratitude of the society: that of restraining the judges from usurping legislation." -Jefferson

"To consider the judges as the ultimate arbiters of all constitutional questions [is] a very dangerous doctrine indeed, and one which would place us under the despotism of an oligarchy. Our judges are as honest as other men and not more so. They have with others the same passions for party, for power, and the privilege of their corps. Their maxim is boni judicis est ampliare jurisdictionem [good justice is broad jurisdiction], and their power the more dangerous as they are in office for life and not responsible, as the other functionaries are, to the elective control. The Constitution has erected no such single tribunal, knowing that to whatever hands confided, with the corruptions of time and party, its members would become despots. It has more wisely made all the departments co-equal and co-sovereign within themselves." -- Jefferson to William C. Jarvis, 1820. ME 15:277

"On every question of construction (of the Constitution), let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text, or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed." -Jefferson

Again, can you name a single gov. power that still falls under the 10th amendment? (M.A. 17th)
"The greatest [calamity] which could befall [us would be] submission to a government of unlimited powers." - Jefferson

*He (and his collegues) gave ample warning about what your ignorance WUD (and is) doing to a once prosperous and peaceful republic.

The 17th Amendment eliminated no states rights.

The 17th Amendment eliminated no states rights.
Can you name any that still exist? Notice u keep avoiding the real questions. Just keep making blanket statements with nothing to support them.

Example: Do ya think the state governments wud had allowed their Senators to transfer authority over gun sales from the states to the central gov.?

Again. 10th amendment. Is there anything left in it?

Can you name any that still exist?

No, but then can you name any that once existed ?

Do ya think the state governments wud had [SIC] allowed their Senators to transfer authority over gun sales from the states to the central gov.?

*Would have

I don't know, why do you think the people of said states allowed it ?
The federal government should control gun sales Btw (just like car sales)

Again. 10th amendment. Is there anything left in it?

Sadly yes. It is a worthless amendment, in need of repeal.

I am of the opinion that the past four years have revealed substantial flaws in the U.S. Constitution.

For, example, the Founders inserted the Electoral College as a failsafe measure to prevent a flimflam man from winning the presidency by winning over the hearts and minds of of the unwashed, unsophisticated, uneducated, and illiterate masses. Its function failed miserably.

Concerned that the government would use its power to run roughshod over the small people, the people who had no power to oppose the power of the state, they included the presidential power of the pardon, that one person could save the oppressed from unjust vengeance by the state. Trump has used the pardon power to reward his political allies for their loyalty to him. That is not what the FF had in mind. Nevertheless, what Trump did was perfectly legal, perfectly constitutional.

The impeachment power of Congress was designed to prevent a person from violating their oath of office. It depends on members of Congress to be of high moral and ethical standards and courage to evaluate the conduct of elected officials and when appropriate, hold them accountable for bad behavior. Instead, we saw members of Congress completely ignore the evidence presented, and vote the only way they could in order to save their own political careers. When we needed statesmen, we got sniveling cowards afraid of the political fallout of doing the right thing.

The Constitution puts far too much power in the presidency that one man can simply walk into the Oval Office and start nullifying his predecessor's work through executive orders. (I'm not singling out anyone here) the power of the EO means the president can essentially bypass the will of Congress. The FF expected the executive and legislative branches to work together for the betterment of all Americans. Big constitutional fail. Congress: Here is a bucket of money to spend on the military. Trump: Thanks! I'll use it be build a wall. WTF??

While the Constitution grants the power to confirm or deny presidential nominees, it apparently does not require them to so, as evidenced by the cynical denial of Merrick Garland's nomination hearings to the Supreme Court and the subsequent fast track confirmation of Amy Barrett. The Constitution also apparently does not require senate confirmation if the president does not want one. This is evidenced by Trump firing department heads, and instead of naming a nominee to be confirmed, he simply named an "acting replacement" and the president is able to simply bypass the confirmation process altogether.

Trump declared in 2015 that He could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and not lose any votes. Most reasonable people interpret that to mean that Trump meant he will not be held accountable for anything he does by his loyal base. That has proven to be true, the Constitution notwithstanding.

I thought that when Trump decided to get into a pissing contest with a Gold Star Family, that would erode his support from military and veterans. I was wrong.

I thought when the Access Hollywood tape became public, the Evangelical Christian Right would abandon Trump. I was wrong.

I thought that when Trump was caught in lie after lie, big and small, it would diminish his popularity among his base. I was wrong.

I thought that when Trump failed to deliver on numerous campaign promises (tax returns, healthcare, etc.) it would lower his poll numbers among his base. I was wrong.

I said this back in 2016: There has never been a less qualified or less prepared candidate for president. Further, Trump has never shown the least interest in actually doing the work of the president. The campaign rally literally went on for four years and his base never tired of it.

Yes, that a carnival barker like Trump could ascend to the presidency and actually remain in office for his entire term reveals major flaws in the FF's expectations of the Constitution.

At the beginning didn't the electoral college also appoint senators.

I learned the propaganda on the constitution in American high school. I once had to serve detention for asking the question "what happens when so crooked goon gets all his good friends appointed to the college. I see they they still aren't listening.

No, but then can you name any that once existed ?

I don't know, why do you think the people of said states allowed it ?
The federal government should control gun sales Btw (just like car sales)

Sadly yes. It is a worthless amendment, in need of repeal.
"should control gun sales Btw (just like car sales"
Of course the central planners have no authority to control either. Or didnt until the "popular vote Senate" helped erase the 10th Amendment.

Why do they need to "repeal it"? So far you still cant find anything left of the 10th anyway.

Libs yearning for the coming fascist police state, resulting from eliminating your rights.

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." - H.L. Mencken

""No, but then can you name any that once existed ?" -

Right to make abortion illegal which the people in EVERY single state voted for overwhelmingly. They also refuse to repeal abortion laws when liberal nutjobs called for referendums in many states. (They lost every one). Nothing in the constitution about murder being illegal, which put it under the 10th (including deciding what constituted murder). That right. Gone just like all the others.

And your criteria for "clarity" is a personal one that exists only in your mind

Some guy off the internet, who thinks he knows more that he really does.
Based on your posts, it's clear that I know more than you. You even think I am Sonny Liston, which even the most casual observer knows is false.

Of course the central planners have no authority to control either

The commerce clause

Why do they need to "repeal it"? So far you still cant find anything left of the 10th anyway.

Because it was always at best a worthless amendment, and at worst a barrier to effective government

Libs yearning for the coming fascist police state

What evidence do you have of a "coming fascist police state"
What evidence do you have of anyone "yearning" for it ?
(excluding Trump and his deranged/deluded followers that is - they yearn for it)

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." - H.L. Mencken

"Democracy and freedom are the best revolution. They can give every individual more power to control their lives. And we can work together to create a just, sustainable world." - Bill Blackman

Right to make abortion illegal which the people in EVERY single state voted for overwhelmingly.

Abortion should be legal, and when did every state vote overwhelmingly to make it so ?
States can't make polygamy legal either

The ability to make laws in contradiction to the federal government is prohibited anyway - as it should be. That's not the loss of a right
What is the point of having a government that can't govern ?

They also refuse to repeal abortion laws when liberal nutjobs called for referendums in many states. (They lost every one). Nothing in the constitution about murder being illegal, which put it under the 10th (including deciding what constituted murder). That right. Gone just like all the others.

What about conservative "nutjobs" who want to make abortion illegal ?
Even the backward Irish reversed that part of their constitution than prohibited abortion.

"Interstate International commerce" clause. Crooked "judges" rely on ignorance of the constitution to get away with "interpreting" the document, which is just a contract between the (states and people respectively) and the central gov.

Abortion should be legal, and when did every state vote overwhelmingly to make it so ?
States can't make polygamy legal either

Under the 10th amendment they can. You shud look up the referendums before the liberals went running to the Fed courts. Thats who overrided the voters. States are still passing abortion laws as directed by their voters, only to have libs run to those crooks and stamp em out.

As for "shud be legal". The Founders didnt base the doc on YOUR personal "beliefs". The states wud not ratify it if it appeared to give unlimited power to the C. planners.
What you seem to be saying is you look forward to a totally centralized police state? Like they saw in Germany, Russia, Cuba and many other countries which had to fence their people in rather than restrict immigration, is that right?

Crooked "judges" rely on ignorance of the constitution to get away with "interpreting" the document...

Yet when they rule that gun laws are unconstitutional, surprise surprise, they're not crooked anymore

Under the 10th amendment they can.

Are you saying that under the 10th Amendment, states can legalize polygamy?

As for "shud be legal". The Founders didnt base the doc on YOUR personal "beliefs".

Nor yours

The states wud not ratify it if it appeared to give unlimited power to the C. planners.

"C.planners" ?

What evidence do you have for this ?

What you seem to be saying is you look forward to a totally centralized police state? Like they saw in Germany, Russia, Cuba and many other countries which had to fence their people in rather than restrict immigration, is that right?

Why a "police state" ?

Germany has a federal government Btw

Why does granting more powers to a central government = a Nazi government ?
The UK, Ireland, New Zealand, Japan, S.Korea, France, Spain, Portugal, Finland Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Belgium, Italy, Austria, Netherlands, Greece, Iceland, Singapore and Luxemburg do not have federal governments....and not a GULAG or concentration camp in sight.

Back
Top Bottom