• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Constitutional Day!

FinnMacCool

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Tomorrow is constitution day where all social studies teachers have to teach about the constitutions! Does anyone know why they are doing this and what this is about? And whos idea was it and who sanctioned it? Thank you.

i hated constitution day, i learned everything i needed to know about the constitution last year, i don't need to know any more.

Sen. Robert Byrd, D-West Virginia, added an amendment designating September 17 as Constitution Day, mandating the teaching of the Constitution in schools that receive federal funds, as well as federal agencies. Since September 17, the actual birthday of the Constitution, falls on a Saturday this year, schools will be observing the day on Friday, September 16.

Source:
HTML:
 http://www.cnn.com/2005/EDUCATION/09/16/constitution.day/

Back
Top Bottom