• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Constitutional Carry bill pending in Ohio

The claim was "Carrying guns around is not a great idea, and is a horrible policy for the general public to have. "

Every state embraces that "horrible policy" in some way.

Openly carrying a gun is not a great idea, no.

For me yes, as long as you are allowed to open carry without any kind of special permit I don’t see an issue with requiring a permit to conceal carry.
I think that passes constitutional muster.

Not enough gun deaths in Ohio already? Keep at it Buckeyes!

Nowhere in that story was a breakdown of the cause of those deaths. How many were suicide? ( tragic but nothing to do with C.C.) How many were gang on gang or criminal on criminal? (Still tragic but again nothing to do with C.C.) How many were justified self defense?

Not enough gun deaths in Ohio already? Keep at it Buckeyes!

Well, I guess the pathetic knuckle-draggin' righties in that shithole red state want to set another record for gun deaths this year.

World-class stupidity...

It does when you need to use that gun to defend YOUR life.
What is wrong with getting a permit? We used to live in a county that had very few leos available. I actually called once and got an answering machine. Another time I was told the officer was on the other side of the country. I was alone at home both times. Yes, I understand needing protection, but I also think that owning a lethal weapon comes with a lot of responsibility.

OK.

Never once had to do that though, it never was necessary for me so far to pull out a gun and shoot someone. Not once.

I suppose that it is a remote possibility, but I think the chances are far greater that carrying a gun around 24/7 would be a great big pain in the ass. It would be a hassle, I'd have to worry if I could be breaking a serious law by having it on me in a prohibited area, so I'd have to figure out a way to lock it securely in my car, or office, or some freaking where.
Chances are also decent that I could get into an altercation with another person, and instead of a couple of minor fistfights like I have had in my life, those encounters could have easily ended in someone getting shot instead. And ditto if the other guy had been armed, I could have been shot. But carrying a gun doesnt prevent being shot anyway.
I, like the vast majority of people, do not have the temperament to carry a firearm around everywhere, it would have been of zero real use for me thus far (since I never once had to have a gun to save my life), and it easily could have been stolen, accidentally left somewhere, accidentally discharged while handling, or used to get into an unnecessary shootout that never would have happened had I not been armed.

Carrying guns around is not a great idea, and is a horrible policy for the general public to have. No person should have to have that explained to them.
Ok great. Now explain that awesome thinking of yours to the criminals who have their guns on them 24/7 looking to victimize someone. Just because you've been lucky enough to just have a couple of fistfights doesnt mean jack-all. You've seen the U.S. violent crime statistics lately? Tons of innocent people are seriously injured and killed EVERY DAY by these pieces of shit. Law abiding citizens who conceal carry at least have an equalizer against these scum.

What is wrong with getting a permit?
Tell you what, I will agree with you when agree that every voter in this country MUST apply for and show and ID to vote. Deal?

We used to live in a county that had very few leos available. I actually called once and got an answering machine. Another time I was told the officer was on the other side of the country. I was alone at home both times. Yes, I understand needing protection, but I also think that owning a lethal weapon comes with a lot of responsibility.

Owning a car comes with responsibility. Having children comes with responsibility, so what is your point?

Nobody needs a permit to defend their lives, no one.

I always openly carry when I am fishing, hiking, camping, hunting.

When I am in town I carry concealed.

Well I meant open carrying in public places....if you're somewhere where no-one can see you, then it doesn't matter

And I guess its hard to go hunting with you gun concealed.

Well I meant open carrying in public places....if you're somewhere where no-one can see you, then it doesn't matter

And I guess its hard to go hunting with you gun concealed.
in some states, having a concealed firearm is not allowed when hunting.

Ok great. Now explain that awesome thinking of yours to the criminals who have their guns on them 24/7 looking to victimize someone. Just because you've been lucky enough to just have a couple of fistfights doesnt mean jack-all. You've seen the U.S. violent crime statistics lately? Tons of innocent people are seriously injured and killed EVERY DAY by these pieces of shit. Law abiding citizens who conceal carry at least have an equalizer against these scum.

I see.

You are terrified, too timid to step outside without your Mass Murder Machine strapped on. You see "piece of shit" humans behind every tree and shrub. You are petrified that one of these "pieces of shit" will try to hurt you.

My goodness. Thats a rough way to live my friend. Very rough indeed. Why so scared?

Right. In any situation, and at any location, its not a great idea to openly carry a gun. (n)
that's a really stupid comment. How do you target shoot or hunt? oh I forgot-you want to ban that too so your argument has zero merit

that's a really stupid comment. How do you target shoot or hunt? oh I forgot-you want to ban that too so your argument has zero merit

See post #65, you could benefit from it.

That's a political term for permitless carry.

"Permitless carry" is a political term for not putting useless restrictions on what people should be permitted to do.

It's like calling going to a bar without permission from the government "permitless partying."

OK.

Never once had to do that though, it never was necessary for me so far to pull out a gun and shoot someone. Not once.

How many times has your life been endangered by someone lawfully carrying a firearm?

Back
Top Bottom