• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Constitutional Carry bill pending in Ohio

no, it is one who thinks that gun control actually is something that will actually deter people who commit violent felonies Lots of real republicans are sick of Trump

So if a Republican believes and supports everything that Trump says and does, except he/she also thinks that gun control has some merit (which might include Trump himself), then they're a RINO ?

So if a Republican believes and supports everything that Trump says and does, except he/she also thinks that gun control has some merit (which might include Trump himself), then they're a RINO ?
wrong topic for this thread.

It is up in the air if Governor DeWine will sign it-in 2004 CCW was passed over the veto of RINO Governor Bob Taft. There are plenty of hard core second amendment supporters who might not be huge fans of CC for concealed carry.
My two cents.

A quick effective conceal permit requirement to conceal carry and it is good for every state as well as between states.

I personally don’t take issue with there being a reasonable permitting process to conceal carry as long as open carry is a constitutionally protected right.

I tend to oppose these conceal carry constitutional amendments

Well it was you who came up with a BS definition of a RINO

Out of interest, is Donald Trump a RINO ?
yeah in some areas. I never really saw him as a real republican-just better than the piece of shits the Dems ran

I personally don’t take issue with there being a reasonable permitting process to conceal carry as long as open carry is a constitutionally protected right.

I tend to oppose these conceal carry constitutional amendments
There's the rub, eh?

For me yes, as long as you are allowed to open carry without any kind of special permit I don’t see an issue with requiring a permit to conceal carry.
Too bad everyone doesn't agree with you. I'm looking at you, California

It does when you need to use that gun to defend YOUR life.

OK.

Never once had to do that though, it never was necessary for me so far to pull out a gun and shoot someone. Not once.

I suppose that it is a remote possibility, but I think the chances are far greater that carrying a gun around 24/7 would be a great big pain in the ass. It would be a hassle, I'd have to worry if I could be breaking a serious law by having it on me in a prohibited area, so I'd have to figure out a way to lock it securely in my car, or office, or some freaking where.
Chances are also decent that I could get into an altercation with another person, and instead of a couple of minor fistfights like I have had in my life, those encounters could have easily ended in someone getting shot instead. And ditto if the other guy had been armed, I could have been shot. But carrying a gun doesnt prevent being shot anyway.
I, like the vast majority of people, do not have the temperament to carry a firearm around everywhere, it would have been of zero real use for me thus far (since I never once had to have a gun to save my life), and it easily could have been stolen, accidentally left somewhere, accidentally discharged while handling, or used to get into an unnecessary shootout that never would have happened had I not been armed.

Carrying guns around is not a great idea, and is a horrible policy for the general public to have. No person should have to have that explained to them.

Carrying guns around is not a great idea, and is a horrible policy for the general public to have. No person should have to have that explained to them.
Why does every state disagree with you?

Why does every state disagree with you?

Do you look to Gubmint to get your que on what to think?

heh heh. Figures.

And how do you figure that "every state disagrees with me", lol thats silly.

Do you look to Gubmint to get your que on what to think?

heh heh. Figures.

And how do you figure that "every state disagrees with me", lol thats silly.
Every state allows citizens to carry guns in their state.

OK.

Never once had to do that though, it never was necessary for me so far to pull out a gun and shoot someone. Not once.
How many times have you had to use the fire extinguisher in your kitchen to stop a fire that would burn your house down? I suspect never, but I also suspect you have fire extinguishers and smoke alarms don't you?
I suppose that it is a remote possibility, but I think the chances are far greater that carrying a gun around 24/7 would be a great big pain in the ass.

Well, if you believe it would be a big personal pain in the ass for you, then I respect you not wishing to take on the adult responsibility of owning and carrying a firearm. My only question to you is, why does it bother you when somebody else does, especially somebody who is not a criminal like me?

It would be a hassle, I'd have to worry if I could be breaking a serious law by having it on me in a prohibited area, so I'd have to figure out a way to lock it securely in my car, or office, or some freaking where.
You know what the laws are for driving your vehicle. You know how, where, and when it is safe to drive. You maintain your car I'm sure.

Chances are also decent that I could get into an altercation with another person, and instead of a couple of minor fistfights like I have had in my life, those encounters could have easily ended in someone getting shot instead.
Well, that sounds like a you problem and not a me problem. I have had MANY fist fights in my life--- mainly when I was younger; full of testosterone, and had very few assets to lose. I carry a gun, and the trick is to avoid ALL confrontations, avoid all areas likely to have confrontations, and when some trouble jumps up which is not your trouble (other people fighting and arguing), then YOU head the other direction taking YOUR gun with you.

And ditto if the other guy had been armed, I could have been shot
If you knew or thought he was armed would you have been arguing with him in the first place I wonder?

. But carrying a gun doesnt prevent being shot anyway.
No, but preventing "being shot", like preventing being robbed, raped, or hit by a wrong way driver is quite often achieved by slight deviations in your behavior, where you go to, who you allow to be around you, and how you conduct yourself (aka: situational awareness).

I, like the vast majority of people, do not have the temperament to carry a firearm around everywhere,
I'm a type A personality who actually used to enjoy a good fist fight. If I can control my temperament in regard to carrying a firearm, anyone can. But maybe I'm just smarter/more logical than some other people are? Most decisions in life after removing emotion from the equation can be reduced to a business like "bottom line". How will this either help or harm my bottom line? Do walk away from an arguement, maybe endure being called a chicken, and cut my losses? Or do double down and invest more into the situation and hope for the best? And what are the odds of that benefiting my bottom line?

it would have been of zero real use for me thus far (since I never once had to have a gun to save my life), and it easily could have been stolen, accidentally left somewhere, accidentally discharged while handling, or used to get into an unnecessary shootout that never would have happened had I not been armed.

You are describing unreasonable fears. Most of the elements you described above should be easily managed by YOU, leaving the only variable part the part where you MAY need to defend yourself from an unforeseen deadly threat.
Carrying guns around is not a great idea, and is a horrible policy for the general public to have.
So, then cops don't need guns either? What about soldiers?

No person should have to have that explained to them.
If you could get inside a time machine and go back to August 1969 and make yourself Sharon Tate and friends, would you consider taking a gun along, knowing that some random unforeseen deadly threat might mean having a gun would have saved your life?

Neither of us has a crystal ball, but I'm keeping my guns just in case. My guns don't threaten you or anyone else, they exist to protect me and my family.

...but the manner in which they are allowed to do so varies considerably.
The claim was "Carrying guns around is not a great idea, and is a horrible policy for the general public to have. "

Every state embraces that "horrible policy" in some way.

Or voting permits. To satisfy Republicans, we'll call them ID cards.

Which is often required for boarding an air plane...applying for state or government assistance, such as food stamps.

Back
Top Bottom