• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Constitutional Amendments

I would make it so the government actually had to abide by it....

I think I would re-arrange the length and number of terms for the various offices. For example, Supreme Court justices would be appointed for one, 20-year term. The president would be elected for one, 8-year term. Senators would be elected for one, 10-year term. Finally, Congressmen would be elected for up to three, 4-year terms.

i agrre with both your statements honestly at this point i beleive our coinstituion is the best rules of governing humanity has to offer, now if only people could listen to it without flawed interpratation

No. I'm sorry. 4 year term only. George Washington set up that precedent that a president (no pun intended) can only run two terms. Don't F with that. 8 years is too long for one president anyway.

How about allowing Presidents to run for a unlimited amount of terms again. FDR got elected four times. There is nothing wrong with that. We could reelect W in 08.

The wording of the first two amendments to be more definative about religeon and guns.

I would change the 27th amendment. Since when is it constitutional for congress to vote themselves a pay raise. I mean if I was a congress man person thing then what is to stop me from simply saying "well I need to put in an in-ground pool today so...yeah a pay raise is just right"? A person shouldn't have the ability to give themselves money; if anything the people should vote on it.

Back
Top Bottom