• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Constitution is outdated

The constitution. The courts are defined by the constitution. Courts don't rule except on cases. We have three branches of government that together rule.
Actually what they are supposed to do is represent the People.

How has that been working out?
27 amendments, shows it can be done. Why don't you try. I haven't ever seen a single proposal from you.

Actually what they are supposed to do is represent the People.
The house of representatives is supposed to represent the people. It is in the constitution.

Some justices are trumpified morons.
I can't imagine why you threw in partisan garbage to my non partisan post. I will put your post where it belongs.

I can't imagine why you threw in partisan garbage to my non partisan post. I will put your post where it belongs.
Trump is not a party. He is a feeble excuse for a person.

Very well considering we're the world's oldest, continuous democracy. And even better now that the court is moving away from judicial activism.

Wut? America isn't the oldest continuous democracy, lol.

Trump is not a party. He is a feeble excuse for a person.
I used the term partisan, not party. I made no mention of Trump. I criticized your post. It deserved criticism.

I used the term partisan, not party. I made no mention of Trump. I criticized your post. It deserved criticism.
I didn't use the words party or partisan. I said trumpified. I am not a Democrat or a Republican, both parties simply exhibit different styles is stupid group think, though Republicans have taken that to an extreme with Trump.

Different justices react to the constitution in different ways.

And how does this happen?

Because the constitution is not kept up to date or don't cover the area at all so the judges do what they please and write an opinion to justify it. This is called legislating from the bench.

Because the constitution is not kept up to date or don't cover the area at all so the judges do what they please and write an opinion to justify it. This is called legislating from the bench.
How it happens is straightforward. Why it happens is that it is a superior struggle to amend the constitution but a simple matter to interpret it differently. I agree that it is legislating from the bench.

outdated maybe.......obsolete no

America is in the same boat as new zeland and england. We all have an outdated constitution . The difference is that england and nz have put their old one in a museum, kept the basic ingredients of it and then changed to a unwritten constitution. Where as america just still clings to its constitution as if it were a security blanket.

Very well considering we're the world's oldest, continuous democracy. And even better now that the court is moving away from judicial activism.
No. We are not. Not even close.

America is in the same boat as new zeland and england. We all have an outdated constitution . The difference is that england and nz have put their old one in a museum, kept the basic ingredients of it and then changed to a unwritten constitution. Where as america just still clings to its constitution as if it were a security blanket.
hell, even the bible has a ver 2.0

What is outdated in the US Constitution?

I expect some racism lodged at white people here... but have a go at whatever you have to say!

Because they are different people...
What part is not kept "up to date" specifically?

What is outdated in the US Constitution?

I expect some racism lodged at white people here... but have a go at whatever you have to say!
Because the constitution should reflect the will of the people. Not a bunch of men who died long ago.

Back
Top Bottom