• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Conspiracy to Defraud the US

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Suspects: Donald, Junior, Kushner, Ivanka and Pence

Convicts: Manafort, Flynn, Cohen, Gates, PapaD...

Defendants: Stone & 13 Russians

Evidence: Endless streams of it.

...these crimes are worthy of prosecution. President Donald Trump’s attorney Rudy Giuliani has diminished this indictment as “another false statement case,” but most prosecutors would agree that obstruction offenses are important crimes to pursue. Lying to Congress and threatening to kill a witness ("prepare to die") are an affront to our democracy.

Second, the Stone indictment also suggests a basis for charging conspiracy to defraud the United States. The Stone indictment identifies two people only by description, “Person 1” and “Person 2,” identified as writer Jerome Corsi and radio host Randy Credico, respectively. This naming convention is used when the Department of Justice refers to people in an indictment without charging them. The fact that Corsi and Credico were not charged suggests that they are cooperating. If so, then they can provide Mueller with context behind some of the messages cited in the indictment.

For instance, the indictment alleges that Corsi and Stone discussed exploiting the released emails to harm Hillary Clinton's campaign by “suggesting HRC old, memory bad, has stroke — neither he nor she well.” This kind of coordination could be evidence of their involvement in a conspiracy to defraud the United States by interfering with the fair administration of elections, the same theory that Mueller has used in the two indictments he has filed against Russians.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...eller-russia-investigation-column/2690791002/

That is exactly the way this appears to be moving.

I really hope Mueller tests the theory that a sitting president...

Suspects: Donald, Junior, Kushner, Ivanka and Pence

Convicts: Manafort, Flynn, Cohen, Gates, PapaD...

Defendants: Stone & 13 Russians

Evidence: Endless streams of it.

You guys are so cute!!

Go ahead and start convicting politicians of campaigning. I'd LOVE to see the results.

You guys are so cute!!

Go ahead and start convicting politicians of campaigning. I'd LOVE to see the results.

Yep, when a candidate who you happen to like does that it's normal politcal opposition research and pointing out obvious character flaws of the other candidate(s), yet when Trump, the evil racist, does it then it's a conspiracy to defraud the entire nation by interfering with the fair administrarion of elections. I know that is true because I just read that on the internet.

Yep, when a candidate who you happen to like does that it's normal politcal opposition research and pointing out obvious character flaws of the other candidate(s), yet when Trump, the evil racist, does it then it's a conspiracy to defraud the entire nation by interfering with the fair administrarion of elections. I know that is true because I just read that on the internet.

So you see no difference in geting political opposition research from legitimate companies and Trump trying to get it from Russian Nationals and Wikileaks who illegally obtain that information. Got it. You go girl!

Weak sauce, as is evidenced by the fact that no one is being investigated or convicted of crimes for what you whine about, even though the DOJ is run by Republicans. EPIC FAIL!

You guys are so cute!!

Campaigning? :lamo

That's a good one. Fox News?

You've spent enough time on Earth-2, Calamity. Time to come home now.

Time for you to come back to reality instead of the fantasy Trump land you live in. Next you'll be trying to say if Trump rapes someone, it is good for the economy. :roll:

Weak sauce, as is evidenced by the fact that no one is being investigated or convicted of crimes for what you whine about, even though the DOJ is run by Republicans. EPIC FAIL!

It's nice to know that you admit the DOJ can be (is?) partisan.

Back
Top Bottom