• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Conservatives

Do you personally know and maybe even love a liberal

• Yes, know and love

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • Yes, know. No love.

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • No, I am not personally acquainted with any liberals

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
My brother, his wife, and my mom are libertarians. My dad is a flaming liberal. Most of my mom's family are conservatives while I have no idea about my dad's family. My wife is extremely liberal (to the point where she annoys me sometimes with it) and I am moderately so. Her dad is super conservative, her mom thinks whatever her dad tells her to think, and her brother and sister are whatever their friends are at the moment.

Most of my friends are pretty to very conservative.

Certainly. Though I have become too conservative for my liberal friends or family members, we get along perfectly and enjoy happiness. That being said, sometimes one feels like a pariah when becoming a neoconservative.

Are you saying you are a neoconservative (even though your Lean says Centrist), or are you referring to someone else?

That mustve been interesting. In my circle of friends all of them are liberal and Im the only Libertarian/Right-Leaning depending how you view it, none of them like to mention politics because I can talk for hours about it and end up pissing everyone off.

Yeah, Easter dinner he went off on me in a major fashion. I was triggered, ran out to the car to lay the seat down and just have a great cry. His WIFE (my husband's sister) comes out and apologizes to me. Gee, Nancy. Funny you should be out here what with you not having done anything wrong and all. Except maybe buy that bottle that turned your husband into a complete ass.

Are you saying you are a neoconservative (even though your Lean says Centrist), or are you referring to someone else?

Many, neoconservatives have generally been rather Centrist (and furthermore, there is no option to select "neoconservative" here). I am more inline with, say, Nathan Glazer or Seymour Martin Lipset than folks you are probably thinking of, though I carry many of the same sympathies as they you may be inclined to dislike, do.

Again, I grew up under many liberal beliefs, and haven't shed too many of them. Nevertheless, with positions I have changed, it is like one has shed the term Liberal and become something else that cannot quite be called Conservative. Sometimes with that change, in passionate areas you are no longer liberal and now conservative to those who knew you before. And a great deal of the time, it does fit the profile of neoconservative, though if I am or not will always remain something problematic...just like the term itself.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom