• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Conservatives, Who Would You Rather Have As Your President?

Who Would You Rather Have As Your President?

• Total voters
This thread is sad, but not at all surprising.

So far it's 50/50 Biden v. Putin, and at least one of the Biden votes is from a liberal.

Coal.

Not so hard to pick a lesser evil, is it?
It depends on the two options doesn't it?

I don't see much point in choosing between Biden and Putin unless the intent is to have a discussion comparing and contrasting the two men.

I don't see much point in choosing between Biden and Putin unless the intent is to have a discussion comparing and contrasting the two men.

What makes you think this thread isn't for comparing and contrasting the two?

Once again, in the mind of Mycroft, if it comes from him it must be true. He clearly said neither. So... according to his answer, someone who is openly shelling and bombing innocent civilians is not worse than Biden. He thinks high gas prices is just as bad as shelling maternity wards based on his answer of "neither". He thinks that the people who in his words "are pulling Biden's strings" are just as bad as a leader who is openly and willingly killing innocent women and children.

Let that sink in everyone.

Fighting wars is also the job of the Commander in Chief of the United States. Unless Biden has somehow committed himself to not fight any wars they US may find necessary to undertake then I see no reason why the points you raise against Putin won't also damn Biden as well.

If Biden goes to war with the US Army he will also be "openly shelling and bombing innocent civilians". He has no choice in that matter. That is how Armies fight wars. Armies hit civilians hard in wars. The brutality of wars on civilians is not varnished by the nice phrase "collateral damage"

A “Propel the Propaganda” question. Ha. We’ve had enough leftist propaganda to last a lifetime.

How is it leftist propaganda to ask who conservatives would prefer?

You could propose the same question to me: Trump or Putin? I'd choose Trump every time.

Fighting wars is also the job of the Commander in Chief of the United States. Unless Biden has somehow committed himself to not fight any wars they US may find necessary to undertake then I see no reason why the points you raise against Putin won't also damn Biden as well.

Everything that is damning to Biden is much worse with Putin whether it be the media, individual freedoms, destroying currency, police state, war, corporatism, etc.

Once again, in the mind of Mycroft, if it comes from him it must be true. He clearly said neither. So... according to his answer, someone who is openly shelling and bombing innocent civilians is not worse than Biden. He thinks high gas prices is just as bad as shelling maternity wards based on his answer of "neither". He thinks that the people who in his words "are pulling Biden's strings" are just as bad as a leader who is openly and willingly killing innocent women and children.

Good job don! You have encapsulated just how bad Biden is.

I believe it is unfair to posit a choice between a US citizen and an alien of an enemy country. The choice should be between two aliens. A right-wing alien vs a left-wing alien. Putin does fit the bill for bad ass right-wing guy. I have a problem coming up with a freak left-wing European. There appears to be none. I have to settle for Erdogan.

Putin vs Erdogan

Everything that is damning to Biden is much worse with Putin whether it be the media, individual freedoms, destroying currency, police state, war, corporatism, etc.

Yes. But harm to civilians in wars should not be held against Putin. The US Army hits civilians hard in wars as well. Hitting civilians has always been an unavoidable component of wars. The US also hit civilians hard in its Iraqi and Afghan campaigns

Neither

If Biden goes to war with the US Army he will also be "openly shelling and bombing innocent civilians". He has no choice in that matter. That is how Armies fight wars. Armies hit civilians hard in wars. The brutality of wars on civilians is not varnished by the nice phrase "collateral damage"
Biden is not openly invading a country unprovoked. Putin is.

Good job don! You have encapsulated just how bad Biden is.
Did I? Tell me, what specifically has Biden done that is worse than shelling maternity wards, theaters, and innocent civilians in general?

Did I? Tell me, what specifically has Biden done that is worse than shelling maternity wards, theaters, and innocent civilians in general?
Are you actually trying to move the goal posts?

What about between Trump and Putin?

Would you prefer America got most of it's energy from coal or fracking?
I would rather get energy from all the sources available, fossil fuels, solar, nuclear, fracking, friction. We are a bunch of Chicken Littles when it comes to probably the most important issue facing mankind.

Are you actually trying to move the goal posts?
Not at all, read my posts. @Mycroft said he would vote for neither. I pointed out that using his logic, he is saying the things Biden has done is just as bad as Putin killing innocent civilians. You told me that I encapsulated how bad Biden is, so I asked you what made Biden just as bad? I moved no goalposts. I asked you and people like Mycroft to clarify thise things that make Biden as bad as Putin.

So... I ask again, slower now...

What... has... Biden... done... that... is... worse... than... Putin... killing... innocent... civilians?

The Biden pukes who brought us high energy prices, who brought us inflation rates that we haven't seen in 40 years, who are eager to get us involved in a shooting war with Russia, who are using Zelensky in their effort to protect their money laundering setup, who are risking the dollar as the world currency...the freaking list of hate-America actions goes on...are worse than Putin.

Not to mention that those pukes those pukes engaged in criminal actions so that they CAN do all they can to destroy the US.

btw, why are you so craven you can't speak to me directly when you are responding to my comment?

The Biden pukes who brought us high energy prices, who brought us inflation rates that we haven't seen in 40 years, who are eager to get us involved in a shooting war with Russia, who are using Zelensky in their effort to protect their money laundering setup, who are risking the dollar as the world currency...the freaking list of hate-America actions goes on...are worse than Putin.

Not to mention that those pukes those pukes engaged in criminal actions so that they CAN do all they can to destroy the US.

btw, why are you so craven you can't speak to me directly when you are responding to my comment?
So, that is worse than murdering people? The United States is still here, alive and well. Despite what people have said for generations about candidates going to destroy the country election after election, we are still here. We were here before Trump, we are here after Trump. We were here before Obama, we were here after Obama. Rinse and repeat.

But... apparently you think that is worse than murdering innocent men women and children? Taking people's lives is not as bad as high energy prices?

Ladies and gentlemen, this "man" is proof that our education and moral systems have failed us. We have higher gas prices. That is apparently worse than shelling maternity wards according to this "man". This "man" thinks that paying a few extra bucks per tank of gas is worse than attacking and killing journalists, and bombing a theater advertising that there are children in it. This "man". This ***** of ***** *********.

Once again, in the mind of Mycroft,
Oh puhleeze - he's been here six years longer than you and has 40 times more posts than you do, yet you claim to know his mind and on that basis proceed to provide your own biased mis-interpretation of his posts.

Maybe let THAT sink in.

Back
Top Bottom