• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Conservatives Waking Up to Racism in America

The problem with defining in group bias based solely on racial lines

It's not based on racial lines. It's based on an understanding of social power dynamics. Race is incidental.

is that it does not take into account regional distribution of peoples, cultural difference between same race people, environment that said people have developed in, etc.

Who cares about localized events? We're discussing dynamics at the societal level and not smaller, potentially socially insignificant, contexts.

The "White privilege" arguments often presented are utterly simplistic.

If they were so simple, you'd understand them instead of reacting in a defensive manner.

It's not based on racial lines. It's based on an understanding of social power dynamics. Race is incidental.

It's based on racial lines for this situation.
Who cares about localized events? We're discussing dynamics at the societal level and not smaller, potentially socially insignificant, contexts.

"Local" is where the majority of people interact, with the majority of other people.
That is their societal level.
That's where the closest connections can emerge for biases to develop.

If they were so simple, you'd understand them instead of reacting in a defensive manner.

It's not so simple.
You're all macro, when you should be micro.

And yet, this is a debate forum. So how about speaking for YOURSELF.

You're right. I should have mentioned that it's encouraging to see Conservative opinion writers getting a foothold in the real world.

When people realize and correct the racism coming from leaders of the African-American community, this problem will begin to solve itself.

I'm done arguing with someone that is essentially claiming "evolution doesn't exist, the world is 6k years old!". That's the level of your denial of science here. You have no social perspective at all and you refuse to engage the subject on any level beyond the individual perspective. Before I say 'good day', I've one more question:

Do you believe heterosexuals utilize the status quo to their benefit and the detriment of homosexuals?

I'm done arguing with someone that is essentially claiming "evolution doesn't exist, the world is 6k years old!". That's the level of your denial of science here. You have no social perspective at all and you refuse to engage the subject on any level beyond the individual perspective. Before I say 'good day', I've one more question:

Do you believe heterosexuals utilize the status quo to their benefit and the detriment of homosexuals?

Homosexuals have never had it so good, what are they complaining about now, I have not been paying attention to their squeals for years....

Homosexuals have never had it so good, what are they complaining about now, I have not been paying attention to their squeals for years....

So, yes.

I live in Olympia washington, here being gay is trendy and cool...... like being an alcoholic.

That's a fine comparison. You think it's a choice? Why?

Guilt by group identity? Yes. The majority power, no matter what race, always exercises group privilege over minority powers. This is a matter of logic and not debatable.

Your problem is that you get all "What you sayin' about white people?!?!" as if someone is indicting a race you are proud of. No one is indicting your race, we're just discussing social power dynamics.

So, if you'll stop being personally offended because majority powers exercise that power, you'll begin to understand why and how the majority power leans to its own benefit.

If one fails to grasp this concept then one is, in fact, further guilty of being a ****ing moron.

Taking what you say at face value, the African nations run by black people should be producing very successful blacks, isn't that right?

In those nations blacks have all the power so they are the recipients of black privilege.

Are they doing well in those countries?

Can't pay for it. G'luck, state.

And why can't he pay for it if other races can?

Are you saying blacks give up easier than anybody else?

Taking what you say at face value, the African nations run by black people should be producing very successful blacks, isn't that right?

All nations with blacks produce very successful blacks. Why would you doubt any nation having very successful blacks?

In those nations blacks have all the power so they are the recipients of black privilege.

Black privilege in relation to foreign non-privilege, yes. That's a national scale. Internationally, blacks remain a minority power and this is reflected in the treatment/privilege of whites within African countries.

Are they doing well in those countries?

"They" are doing well. Colonialism left quite a mess but democracy and freedom are on their feet.

And why can't he pay for it if other races can?

Privilege?

What do you figure?

Are you saying blacks give up easier than anybody else?

Do you think that's trolling? Put some effort. Good day.

White privilege is about majority (power) privilege, race is incidental. That's why people shouldn't get bent out of shape about it like it's insulting white people. Your ignorance is showing.

How is it majority power when there are laws in place to rectify any wrongs committed to minorities.

Somebody has done a real number on your head.

Because so many are angry, lazy, uneducated dope addicts on food stamps and EBT cards, who wouldn't work in a pie factory? What is your explanation?

I know of plenty of white people that are equally lame. Funny you neglect to make mention of them. You do realize there are twice as many whites on welfare as there are blacks?

Reading is fundamental. You didn't bother. You made a fool of yourself. Good work.

I told you that's fine. Are we done?

Back
Top Bottom