• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Conservatives Waking Up to Racism in America

It is totally about race. Don't try to act like it isn't.

White privilege is about majority (power) privilege, race is incidental. That's why people shouldn't get bent out of shape about it like it's insulting white people. Your ignorance is showing.

There is no white privilege. There are plenty of white folks out there who are dirt poor, and don't have any opportunities available to them.

The only thing that determines how priveleged you are in this society is your socio-economic status. Not your skin color.

It is not a question of white privilege. People can't grant privilege to themselves but if they have the power they can deny equality to others, and some of that is going on still in this country based on....skin color.

White privilege is about majority (power) privilege, race is incidental. That's why people shouldn't get bent out of shape about it like it's insulting white people. Your ignorance is showing.

Race is not incidental. Race is what this entire concept of "white privilege" revolves around.

It's basically saying because I'm white, I must inherently have some sort of privilege over other minority groups, which is obviously not the case.

Remeber, like I said, the amount of privilege you have is determined by the amount of cash in your wallet.

This thread is starting to feel like one of those "pity-party, I'm a victim, feel sorry for me" threads. I guess Dr. King was a real fool. Turns out that the color of man's skin is a lot more important than the content of his character.

Because the status quo is controlled by the majority power. It's simple sociology and not an attack on anyone's race.

Status quo and privilege go together. I don't know how it can be denied. It's obvious to me.

Class warfare is a tactic used by the left to create unrest and distrust. You guys sure are suckers for it.

Is your mythical "black culture" inclusive of all blacks and exclusive of other races, as when it actually existed during segregation? Or is this mythical culture just whatever stuff you don't like such as rap music?

Why do blacks have less education on average?

It isn't mythical at all.

It is real thing that it is on the black community to deal with and overcome.
Before all these allegations even Bill Cosby was getting mad at the blame someone else mentality.

I know that being successful in the black community is considered selling out.
I have seen it heard it and read about it. I think it was a Michael Moore documentary
And a guy said unless a kid is a rapper or plays ball he has no chance.

Others thought the same thing. I thought what a limited view of life.

As for education that is multiple issues that have nothing to do with this white priviledge
But has to do with the fact that the teachers unions and politicians won't let inner city kids out of the inner city.

My parents pushed me and my brother in school.
I then pushed myself back to school for a better degree.

According to the national father institute 57% of black kids are absent their biological father.
I am sure that has gone down in recent years but that has a huge impact on
Kids and their futures. White kids? 20%. Which is way less.

Denying systemic privilege is ignorant and inherently bigoted, as it presumes disparity in class results from inequalities.

Why do people believe that crap? I mean really, how is it possible that there are people out there that don't just roll their eyes when they read or hear it?

Status quo and privilege go together. I don't know how it can be denied. It's obvious to me.

Or we can go with the "alternate" logic...

"As long as there is one poor white person, then we know blacks are treated fairly in justice, employment and housing."

That's too stupid.

Or we can go with the "alternate" logic...

"As long as there is one poor white person, then we know blacks are treated fairly in justice, employment and housing."

That's too stupid.

Man, the pathos is starting to roll down the hill. Give me your address, I'll send ya' a check.

The majority power always exerts privilege over minority powers. It's not really about race. It's about demographic power dynamics. Any educated person acknowledges this.

Your invocation of a deity is on measure with the merit of your complaint.

And you backhanded insults and psychobabble are a measure of yours.

Denying systemic privilege is ignorant and inherently bigoted, as it presumes disparity in class results from inequalities.

Which was a very wordy way of saying,"its ain't fair that you is smart, I want free stuff now or you is racist".

Which was a very wordy way of saying,"its ain't fair that you is smart, I want free stuff now or you is racist".

"If we dont live equality it is injustice and more than likely racism, and dont give me no crappola about how education or work matters neither got it ASSHOLE!
"

I paraphrased that for you.

I am bored.

No Wife.

Work.

:(

How do you explain the percentage of blacks in poverty compared to whites?

The same way you explain the success of Asian Americans - cultural differences and personal life decisions matter. How do you explain the huge increase in black out-of-wedlock childbirth?

The same way you explain the success of Asian Americans - cultural differences and personal life decisions matter. How do you explain the huge increase in black out-of-wedlock childbirth?

Poverty. You?

Your stereotypes might have something to do with it.

Statistics are not stereotypes. If black overrepresentation among NBA players is not assumed to be caused by racism then why is white (or Asian) overrepresentation in other fields? In order to play the victim you must name a perp - I don't gots dat much cuz day gots too much. Not to worry because electing (white?) liberals will help fix the social injustice - see Chicago.

Statistics are not stereotypes.

Some explanations of those stats are. I'm not arguing the numbers, I'm arguing your bigoted interpretation of them hidden behind BS such as "black culture" meaning rap music which is funded overwhelmingly by white people.

Statistics are not stereotypes. If black overrepresentation among NBA players is not assumed to be caused by racism then why is white (or Asian) overrepresentation in other fields? In order to play the victim you must name a perp - I don't gots dat much cuz day gots too much. Not to worry because electing (white?) liberals will help fix the social injustice - see Chicago.

And so long as white men keep lining up to take it.

****ing IDIOTS.

Back
Top Bottom