• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Conservatives slam ties between liberal groups, White House

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

210328201915-01-white-house-0328-large-169.jpg

4/14/21
Conservative groups are criticizing ties between officials in the Biden administration and liberal outside groups pressuring it on climate change, the filibuster and other left-wing causes. The outside groups are flexing their muscle to boost the White House agenda on Capitol Hill and to pressure President Biden on a number of policy areas. Outside advocacy organizations lobbying an administration, lawmakers or key stakeholders on policy issues is not new. But conservatives argue the groups have too much influence over the Biden agenda. They pointed to his willingness to study the expansion of the Supreme Court, his executive orders on climate and his infrastructure bill that focuses on investments in climate-friendly industries. The Biden agenda is expected to get yet another boost in the coming months from a new outside group that will not disclose its donors but has ties to the White House. The group will be led by former Biden campaign official Danielle Melfi and key Democratic National Convention organizers Stephanie Cutter and Addisu Demissie, according to multiple reports. "We are playing by the rules of today's system, and will hold ourselves to the same standard as many other outside groups working to impact the direction of this country," the group said in a statement last month first reported by Axios.

Elections have consequences. Trump certainly welcomed conservative groups such as the Federalist Society and the fossil-fuel lobby into his White House.

If I recall correctly (and I do), Trump banned sharing the monthly White House visitor logs with journalists. He didn't want the press to know which lobbyists were meeting with him in the White House.

Elections have consequences. Trump certainly welcomed conservative groups such as the Federalist Society and the fossil-fuel lobby into his White House.

If I recall correctly (and I do), Trump banned sharing the monthly White House visitor logs with journalists. He didn't want the press to know which lobbyists were meeting with him in the White House.

Imagine that. Trumpers whining about ties between advocacy groups and the government. :LOL:

There has never been a shortage of hypocrisy in D.C.. By either party.

How dare Biden not exclusively listen to right wing groups devoted to obstructing everything he wants to break him and make him a one term president!

Back
Top Bottom