• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Conservatives: Should we just stop trying at this point ?

I can't help but think the future of America is going to be leftist due to a massive ideological shift with the under 35 crowd. Regardless of their reasons, if looking like Western Europe is what the majority of Americans want, what's the point in centrists and conservatives fighting it ? We will lose by numbers alone - and democracy being what it is, the majority will get their way. If we on the other side truly believe our thinking and way of life is better, maybe it's best to let the left get their way so Americans can actually live in the leftist utopia they keep fighting for.

Evolution is inevitable, although it doesn't mean it's going to be always for the best. It's trial and error as a society and perhaps the progressive left have convin
ced enough Americans to go their route and the best we conservatives can do is stop voting and let the left run its course.
Why not work with us?

I’ve followed politics for decades and understand Trumpsters perspectives, which I reject as largely anti constitutional and anti American.
Well you're really bad at it. 30,000+ messages would imply you had something to offer.
Anti constitutional, anti American... what a pisser, a real hoot. Ah man, well, thanks for the laugh. So tolerant. Hah! See what I did there... lol, oh maybe you did teach me something!

Well you're really bad at it. 30,000+ messages would imply you had something to offer.
10 posts in and you’ve already proven you have nothing to offer but lies, ignorance, and extreme blind partisanship.
So tolerant.
I never claimed to be tolerant of dishonest, deliberately ignorant Trump apologists.
… maybe you did teach me something!
You’ve been on the Trump train since 2015. That fact, alone, proves that you are unteachable.

I can't help but think the future of America is going to be leftist due to a massive ideological shift with the under 35 crowd. Regardless of their reasons, if looking like Western Europe is what the majority of Americans want, what's the point in centrists and conservatives fighting it ? We will lose by numbers alone - and democracy being what it is, the majority will get their way. If we on the other side truly believe our thinking and way of life is better, maybe it's best to let the left get their way so Americans can actually live in the leftist utopia they keep fighting for.

Evolution is inevitable, although it doesn't mean it's going to be always for the best. It's trial and error as a society and perhaps the progressive left have convinced enough Americans to go their route and the best we conservatives can do is stop voting and let the left run its course.

Does it bother you that Conservatives have been on the wrong side of history with just about every social or political issue of the past?

Well that's what the electoral college, gerrymandering, and a conservative Supreme Court are for: insulating the party with the worst ideas from democracy.

Just like 1932-52 -- 20 years with a democrat in the WH + a totally ultra left Supreme Court.

But when dems don't get their way, they start the name calling and other temper tantrums.

Does it bother you that Conservatives have been on the wrong side of history with just about every social or political issue of the past?
Last I checked it was republicans who freed the slaves, ended segregation.
You democrats fought to keep slaves, jim crow, and started the kkk.

Republicans used be progressives/liberals.

The Democrats used to be conservatives.

Notice I used “conservative” in my post and not the name of any political party?

Republicans used be progressives/liberals.

The Democrats used to be conservatives.

Notice I used “conservative” in my post and not the name of any political party?
LOL nice cop out.

Evolution is inevitable, although it doesn't mean it's going to be always for the best. It's trial and error as a society and perhaps the progressive left have convinced enough Americans to go their route and the best we conservatives can do is stop voting and let the left run its course.

Stop trying to get along? Yes. Ive already stopped voting except in local elections and only for non partisans. If conservatives ever wake up to the idea thats is time to dissolve the union or declare independence, then I will join in. As of now it seems unlikely in my lifetime, so rather than waste time, enjoy life as best you can and exercise your freedom where you can.

Because conservatives dont get anything in return. Thats working FOR you, not with you.
The you guys might just have to be sad as the younger generations have their ideas.

LOL nice cop out.

I’m sorry reality has a Leftwing bias.

Do you think opposing states rights, supporting minorities over white people, and taking away private property were Conservative positions?

The best advertisement for progressivism is what conservatives have done to the ****ing country.

You brought this on yourself, and your party has come to represent no ideas or principles other than how to spread more bigotry or further enriching the billionaire class.

Last edited:
Just like 1932-52 -- 20 years with a democrat in the WH + a totally ultra left Supreme Court.

But when dems don't get their way, they start the name calling and other temper tantrums.

1) Pot, meet ****ing kettle. Like we didn't just have to deal with 70+ year old manchild in the WH whose entire MO was name-calling like a ****ing infant when he didn't get his way.

2) The country, nor the courts, have NEVER been "ultra left," certainly not in ****ing 1950 lol. Eugene V Debs actually having an impact like anywhere would have been the minimal standard for calling anything leftist.

Never give up! The whole progressive "woke" crap is an ideological cancer upon society. The under 35 crowd (which I belong to) subscribe to group-think and are largely brainwashed and trained to label ideas contrary to their own as "evil" or "racism" or "fascism." Some begin to see the light.

u490igv6djn91.jpg

it's working out pretty good for Europe, isn't it? Yes, it is.

Never give up! The whole progressive "woke" crap is an ideological cancer upon society. The under 35 crowd (which I belong to) subscribe to group-think and are largely brainwashed and trained to label ideas contrary to their own as "evil" or "racism" or "fascism." Some begin to see the light.

What an enlightened post. 🤡

I mean all you're really accomplishing is dividing the country, bringing us to the verge of civil war, and making your children and grandchildren lose respect for you. So why not?
There comes a point where every generation has to learn to let go and realize that the future doesn't belong to them, and they need to let their children decide their own future for themselves.
Whether you think we'll like it or not is irrelevant, it should be ours to choose for ourselves.

We clearly don't want the country that Babe Boomers have given us. If you force your future on us we will hate you for it.
I had an uncle die last year. We weren't super close, but the first thing I thought when I heard the news was, "oh well, one less Trump supporter."

Is that really the legacy you want?

If we're wrong, and we decide we don't like the future we've chosen for ourselves we'll someday realize we should have listened to our parents. But if you never let us have that future we will always hate you for robbing us of it.

I mean all you're really accomplishing is dividing the country, bringing us to the verge of civil war, and making your children and grandchildren lose respect for you. So why not?
There comes a point where every generation has to learn to let go and realize that the future doesn't belong to them, and they need to let their children decide their own future for themselves.
Whether you think we'll like it or not is irrelevant, it should be ours to choose for ourselves.

We clearly don't want the country that Babe Boomers have given us. If you force your future on us we will hate you for it.
I had an uncle die last year. We weren't super close, but the first thing I thought when I heard the news was, "oh well, one less Trump supporter."

Is that really the legacy you want?

If we're wrong, and we decide we don't like the future we've chosen for ourselves we'll someday realize we should have listened to our parents. But if you never let us have that future we will always hate you for robbing us of it.
Pretty much this, all that people like @Channe79 would accomplish by keeping on is making the inevitable backlash from the younger generations that much stronger.

You and others of like ilk have a definition for "ultra left" that is not used by rational beings

Tell your party to stop sucking so bad. Think of republicans of the Reagan era, can you imagine them tolerating the batshit crazy stance of today's Trump supporting cons?

Because conservatives dont get anything in return. Thats working FOR you, not with you.

I was thinking about compromise, and reasonable points, moving away from the radical fringe, yeah, old fashioned ideas that put country first and party second. I'm saying both sides can come to the middle if we are honest and we intend to make it a better country. Just an idea.

You are conveniently overlooking the realignment of the Dem and Republican Parties sparked by LBJ’s signing of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Back
Top Bottom