• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Conservatives out of line on mideast unrest.

James D Hill

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
I am getting sick of FOX news trying to say the unrest in the Islamic world is due to weakness in Obama's forein policy. How is it the President is responsible for some film maker making an anti Islamic movie?

Mitt Romney looked like a fool by jumping on Obama before he had all the facts and the lapdogs on FOX look like morons when they try to say the President is always apoligizing for the Bush years. Are they thin skinned or what? What is wrong with saying you are sorry in the first place. I used to say sorry before I punched some bully in the nose. I would say sorry but you brought it on yourself.

The fact is this is a bad situation and it would not have mattered who was in office. The conservatives need to get off their cowboy kick and come back to reality. No matter how tough and John Wayne like the President talks does make a differance to religous fanatics. Conservatives need to stop fishing for outrage. It is making them loook stupid.

Now you all know why we can never let religous conservatives take over in this country. Just look at the Islamic world and see how hierarchy works. Shria law is just old testiment law. You know stoning people for adultry,prostitution,homosexual sex and anything else considered sin. With fanatics anything is possible just look at the abortion doctor murders.

I wasn't aware that the movie was around last year when the rioting and protest began in Egypt. Most outlets are reporting that it was translated into Arabic and posted online in recent weeks. Maybe the middle east is full of psychics.

It's election season so anything that "the other guy" does comes under attack. In America, our campaigns are 100% negative and our leaders or wannabe leaders don't have a clue about anything. They just want to keep (or get) the money, glory and power.

I wasn't aware that the movie was around last year when the rioting and protest began in Egypt. Most outlets are reporting that it was translated into Arabic and posted online in recent weeks. Maybe the middle east is full of psychics.

That is what you get when religion runs the show. Just look at midevil Europe and the outrages of the inquizition. Any religion is capible when they have great power. Thank God we have castrated the power of religion in this country in spite of the social conservatives who would like you to believe that Christians are somehow differant.

It's election season so anything that "the other guy" does comes under attack. In America, our campaigns are 100% negative and our leaders or wannabe leaders don't have a clue about anything. They just want to keep (or get) the money, glory and power.

It seems like the right is fishing for outrage and a reason to blame the President for everything. You don't like being attacked? I thrive on it. Isnt that what debate is all about?

Errr, I'm not exactly following you on this. What do you mean "you don't like being attacked"? Who are you referring to?

It seems like the right is fishing for outrage and a reason to blame the President for everything. You don't like being attacked? I thrive on it. Isnt that what debate is all about?

Which pretty much defines every presidential election season. If the POTUS is (D) the Rs look for anything to hang him on. If the POTUS is (R), the Ds look for anything to hang him on.

Errr, I'm not exactly following you on this. What do you mean "you don't like being attacked"? Who are you referring to?

I was asking why you want only nice debate. I like the knock down and drag out stuff too. Stupid people need to be put in thier place.

Which pretty much defines every presidential election season. If the POTUS is (D) the Rs look for anything to hang him on. If the POTUS is (R), the Ds look for anything to hang him on.

They have to be smart enought to know the diferance from real outrage and manufactured screaming about something nobody had any control over. This is going to cost Romney the election if this continues.

I too am a cat lover. I have two females and they are spoild and cute. I think this whole thing is a perfect example of why we can not have nutjobs like Michele Bachmann,Louie Gohmert,Jim DeMent or any other social conservative in power. These people are living in the past and extreme just like the crazy Islamics. It should scare every American away from social conservatives every time they look at the Islamic world.

So, you're responding to my signature, not to what I posted. You can see why I was confused.

OK, I'm probably older than you (you don't have your age in your profile). I'm a believer in respectfulness and politeness. I don't think that having a different POV than I do makes someone else a bad person.

I do see many people who enjoy rudeness and needless contentiousness. To me, it demonstrates not only a lack of civility, but usually poor communication skills, a manifestation of limited intelligence.

If the approach to debate is just a bunch of **** you NO **** you etc. I'm never going to learn anything or be able to make a contribution. I'm entirely capable of firing back when attacked but it's not my chosen method of mental stimulation.

I hope this answers your question.

I was asking why you want only nice debate. I like the knock down and drag out stuff too. Stupid people need to be put in thier place.

I am getting sick of FOX news trying to say the unrest in the Islamic world is due to weakness in Obama's forein policy. How is it the President is responsible for some film maker making an anti Islamic movie?

Mitt Romney looked like a fool by jumping on Obama before he had all the facts and the lapdogs on FOX look like morons when they try to say the President is always apoligizing for the Bush years. Are they thin skinned or what? What is wrong with saying you are sorry in the first place. I used to say sorry before I punched some bully in the nose. I would say sorry but you brought it on yourself.

The fact is this is a bad situation and it would not have mattered who was in office. The conservatives need to get off their cowboy kick and come back to reality. No matter how tough and John Wayne like the President talks does make a differance to religous fanatics. Conservatives need to stop fishing for outrage. It is making them loook stupid.

Now you all know why we can never let religous conservatives take over in this country. Just look at the Islamic world and see how hierarchy works. Shria law is just old testiment law. You know stoning people for adultry,prostitution,homosexual sex and anything else considered sin. With fanatics anything is possible just look at the abortion doctor murders.
The failure of the Obama policy lies in its naïveté--the idea that an enlightened society such as ours has any commonality or moral equivalence with a dark ages religion like Islam.

I'm not sure how cats got into this although it's a subject I do know something about.

None of those you mention are running for office. While I choose to be an independent, I certainly lean toward SOCIAL liberalism.

I too am a cat lover. I have two females and they are spoild and cute. I think this whole thing is a perfect example of why we can not have nutjobs like Michele Bachmann,Louie Gohmert,Jim DeMent or any other social conservative in power. These people are living in the past and extreme just like the crazy Islamics. It should scare every American away from social conservatives every time they look at the Islamic world.

I'm not sure how cats got into this although it's a subject I do know something about.

None of those you mention are running for office. While I choose to be an independent, I certainly lean toward SOCIAL liberalism.

But if Romney wins those social conservatives will be rewarded with positions of power because the social conservatives are the backbone of the GOP. Who is say that once Romney gets elected that the ultra conservative Mormon views on social issues will not come thru. He says it wont but I do not want to take that chance.

What did "FoxNews" say specifically that has led to your ill feeling?

Was it something stated from the news organization or from one of the hosts on the opinion shows.....???

The failure of the Obama policy lies in its naïveté--the idea that an enlightened society such as ours has any commonality or moral equivalence with a dark ages religion like Islam.

You are a libertarian so you should fear religous fanatics as much as I do. They are enemies of personal freedom. Just look at their stance on legalizing marijuana. I know libertarians are for legalizating pot but you are allies of the far right in fiscal issues and against us liberals. It must be tough to be fiscally conservative yes socially liberal. Is it true that libertarians are just GOP guys who smoke pot? I think so.

What did "FoxNews" say specifically that has led to your ill feeling?

Was it something stated from the news organization or from one of the hosts on the opinion shows.....???

It started in the morning and never ended. They want to blame Obama for everything when He had no control. The only fair one was Shepard and Bill O. The rest like Hannity and Greta are GOP lap dogs.

You are a libertarian so you should fear religous fanatics as much as I do. They are enemies of personal freedom. Just look at their stance on legalizing marijuana. I know libertarians are for legalizating pot but you are allies of the far right in fiscal issues and against us liberals. It must be tough to be fiscally conservative yes socially liberal. Is it true that libertarians are just GOP guys who smoke pot? I think so.

Libertarians claim to be fundamentally different from conservatives. In practice, however, I have seen little--if any--difference between the two.

In that case, neither the cats or I will vote for Romney. We're planning to vote for Johnson actually. Unless Obama comes up with a program for free catnip, we won't vote for him either.

cats in pod.jpg

But if Romney wins those social conservatives will be rewarded with positions of power because the social conservatives are the backbone of the GOP. Who is say that once Romney gets elected that the ultra conservative Mormon views on social issues will not come thru. He says it wont but I do not want to take that chance.

It seems you know nothing about Islam or religion in general. All religions can be rather dark age if the person who subscribes to them makes it that way. Just as all Christians are different, so it is with Muslims. Islam and Christianity is what people make of it.

I am getting sick of FOX news trying to say the unrest in the Islamic world is due to weakness in Obama's forein policy.
Then stop watching FOX news. Problem solved.

The President is not responsible obviously for the making of that movie -- but claiming that is the reason for the outrage is fairly laughable if you really want to understand the region.

He looked bad doing it -- but what he said was correct. Our foreign policy has been a disaster.

What the President says does matter -- no amount of complimenting Islam is going to change any minds over there either.

I can agree we should not let religious nuts take over this country -- but comparing "religious conservatives" to radical terrorists is quite a stretch.

I don't think it's wise to make a thread whining about someone else being "out of line"... then follow up with a bunch of religious bigorty.

so when Bush was fumbling his Mideast policies Liberals should've been quiet?

Reagan and Bush were religious Conservatives....I dont recall any of those things getting passed while they were in office......

Back
Top Bottom