• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Conservatives on Wisconsin Supreme Court stop Mail in voting

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Wisconsin absentee ballot mailings on hold as Supreme Court weighs lawsuit | Local Government | madison.com
I am not sure if this link will come up, but the 4 conservative members of the Wisconsin Supreme Court may have just ended mail in voting in Wisconsin for the November 3 election. They voted to hold up the mailing out of ballots which have to go out by September 16th by Wisconsin law. The hold up is the Green Party, whose candidate gave two different addresses on the official party papers, and thus was ruled ineligible to be on the ballot. They appealed the decision at this late date and now the conservatives on the court are going to hold up the ballots until it is too late to meet the required Wisconsin date for mail in ballots. Once that happens the GOP will then bring a suit to stop those ballot from being counted. So much for democracy. Trump conservatives have become anti American and anti democracy. THis is the same party where the party candidate in the 2016 election had her picture taken in Moscow at the same table as Putin before the election and her votes made the difference for Trump's win in Wisconsin.

Wisconsin absentee ballot mailings on hold as Supreme Court weighs lawsuit | Local Government | madison.com
I am not sure if this link will come up, but the 4 conservative members of the Wisconsin Supreme Court may have just ended mail in voting in Wisconsin for the November 3 election. They voted to hold up the mailing out of ballots which have to go out by September 16th by Wisconsin law. The hold up is the Green Party, whose candidate gave two different addresses on the official party papers, and thus was ruled ineligible to be on the ballot. They appealed the decision at this late date and now the conservatives on the court are going to hold up the ballots until it is too late to meet the required Wisconsin date for mail in ballots. Once that happens the GOP will then bring a suit to stop those ballot from being counted. So much for democracy. Trump conservatives have become anti American and anti democracy. THis is the same party where the party candidate in the 2016 election had her picture taken in Moscow at the same table as Putin before the election and her votes made the difference for Trump's win in Wisconsin.

The US Supreme Court could over turn the decision .......

Trump's press conference today should have convinced anyone to vote for him. I'll just leave it at that.

Trump's press conference today should have convinced anyone to vote for him. I'll just leave it at that.

Let us see, he has continually lied to the country about how dangerous the covid is and failed to lead the country causing over 100,000 deaths by his failure, but you still want us to vote for him. He has called the military losers and suckers and you still want us to vote for him. He has taken the great economy given to him by Obama and managed to kill it. I guess he did give away a trillion dollars to the wealthy so maybe that is why you are going to vote for him. He has encouraged white supremacy groups across the country and that should make us white people vote for him? Nothing he could say at a press conference, as most of what he says is a lie as the 20,000 lies he has told the American people since he was elected have shown, should make anyone vote for him. Only Trumpsters think he will tell them the truth on any subject.

People are not being denied a right to vote. They simply have to vote at a poll.

Sounds like its the green party who is preventing mail in ballots, not conservatives.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yes, you'll run away without supporting this absurd statement in any way, and ignore anyone who disagrees. We know. Bye. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

People are not being denied a right to vote. They simply have to vote at a poll.

"All voter suppression is fine as long as it is still technically possible to vote!"

I fly planes for a living. I can't be present on election day.

Yes, you'll run away without supporting this absurd statement in any way, and ignore anyone who disagrees. We know. Bye. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Don't like Trump do you? :peace

"All voter suppression is fine as long as it is still technically possible to vote!"

So get a absentee ballot before you fly away. It's easy!

Did he say "Yeah, I know I lied about COVID. But it killed liberals. **** liberals. MAGA!" ? Or is that just what you were thinking when you listened to it?

Assuming there are enough polling places and they're opened long enough to accommodate the crowds. Sure. Go stand in line for a few hours, sounds great.

Thankfully Colorado isn't ass backwards retarded and has a great mail-in system. I'll skip the lines all together.

Wisconsin has two weeks of early voting.

Conservative Republican judges are trying to suppress the vote as the only way their party can win.

Wisconsin has two weeks of early voting.

Irrelevant. Voter suppression isn't justified by voting technically still being possible.

Irrelevant. Voter suppression isn't justified by voting technically still being possible.

You think this third party candidate trying to get on the ballot is really trying to suppress the vote?

Based on the way different groups of people are responding, it seems reasonable to conclude that this action will improve the quality of Wisconsin's elections. That is sufficient justification.

You think this third party candidate trying to get on the ballot is really trying to suppress the vote?

No, I do not.

Back
Top Bottom