• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Conservatives now required to hate Oreos

Stealers Wheel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
I did not know this. Apparently, Mondelez International has come out with an Oreo cookie that features rainbow-colored creme in support of the LGBTQ community. This has conservative groups in a tizzy. You can watch the 3-minute ad here that features the tagline " A loving world starts with a loving home." This has conservatives outraged because it "[features] a lesbian couple, to brainwash children and adults alike by desensitizing audiences.”

So, just to be clear: Conservatives need to throw out the following products because if you consume them, you are in support of the LGBTQ agenda and part of the problem. Chips Ahoy!, Cadbury Dairy Milk, Honey Maid, Halls, Ritz, Triscuit, Trident gum and Wheat Thins.

Remember conservatives, if your son or daughter is in a loving same-sex relationship, you must not support a loving home. Go throw your cookies out.

I did not know this. Apparently, Mondelez International has come out with an Oreo cookie that features rainbow-colored creme in support of the LGBTQ community. This has conservative groups in a tizzy. You can watch the 3-minute ad here that features the tagline " A loving world starts with a loving home." This has conservatives outraged because it "[features] a lesbian couple, to brainwash children and adults alike by desensitizing audiences.”

So, just to be clear: Conservatives need to throw out the following products because if you consume them, you are in support of the LGBTQ agenda and part of the problem. Chips Ahoy!, Cadbury Dairy Milk, Honey Maid, Halls, Ritz, Triscuit, Trident gum and Wheat Thins.

Remember conservatives, if your son or daughter is in a loving same-sex relationship, you must not support a loving home. Go throw your cookies out.
Oriole just can't seem to get way from cultural conflict, can it? Decades ago, it was a racial reference. Now, a sexual one.

There's a point where all the corporations and all the mainstream are so bought into a concept that you can't come up with persecution anymore. The thing I find rather trite about this is this company does not care this is a marketing ploy. That's the only reason any enormous corporation does anything. They are appealing to a broad spectrum of society not to a narrow group of freedom fighters they didn't care 25 years ago when to be gay was looked down on. They only joined the crowd when it's a crowd. So it seems trite and pedantic to join the club so to speak when it's mainstream.

Oriole just can't seem to get way from cultural conflict, can it? Decades ago, it was a racial reference. Now, a sexual one.
Well they jumped on the bandwagon of the race thing long after there was any risk in doing it. Oreo cookies were around during the Civil Rights movement then it would have been brave and risky to come out in support of something not in the 1980s when the battle's over.

Same thing with the gay thing I remember eating Oreos 25 years ago. Back when being gay was really looked down upon they didn't give a crap because they couldn't make any money off of it. but that would have been when something like this is a virtuous. Not when it gets to the point where not doing anything for pride month gets you ire of the public.

Saying you support gay people now is like saying you drink water if no one's going to curse you for it and outside of a few Fringe nut bars, there's no risk in it if anything it helps your bottom line.

It's a marketing gimmick giant heartless companies have always been trying to present themselves as the giant heartless company that cares. I don't begrudge them for this they care about the dollar that is what they do. If they really cared about gays they'd have made rainbow Oreos back in 1984. They wouldn't have waited until it was profitable. Thing with Burger King and the pride Whopper they put out.

I'm calling BS on your post. You put up a link to the video that supposedly has angered conservatives but no link to evidence that supports your claim that cons are outraged.
I bet most cons could not care less one way or the other about this. I know I certainly don't.

I'm calling BS on your post. You put up a link to the video that supposedly has angered conservatives but no link to evidence that supports your claim that cons are outraged.
I bet most cons could not care less one way or the other about this. I know I certainly don't.
Some people will consider any criticisms or negative commentary to be outrage.

My criticism is where were these people 25 years ago when you risked alienating your clientele by presenting a pride marking on a product?

I further pointed out that it is nearly a marketing gimmick and they don't care outside of making a few bucks. That's what businesses like this do.

I'm sure this is me being triggered and outraged and bigoted on all these sorts of bad things because I'm not affirming the virtue.

I'm a conservative and I'm a gay person I find this crap to be cheap and trite. They only support us when it's good for their bottom line.

I should correct myself, I don't fault them for the hustle. Sjw virtue dollars are just as green as good old American normal cream filling Oreo munchers dollars.

It's just social statements like this by a company aren't there to do anything but make money.

Some people will consider any criticisms or negative commentary to be outrage.

My criticism is where were these people 25 years ago when you risked alienating your clientele by presenting a pride marking on a product?

I further pointed out that it is nearly a marketing gimmick and they don't care outside of making a few bucks. That's what businesses like this do.

I'm sure this is me being triggered and outraged and bigoted on all these sorts of bad things because I'm not affirming the virtue.

I'm a conservative and I'm a gay person I find this crap to be cheap and trite. They only support us when it's good for their bottom line.
I have no problem with their gesture. Maybe they are insincere as you suspect. I dont really see a problem with things being commercialized. For instance valentines day has been hijacked but in a nice way. I think oreos idea is cute.
Im not gay so maybe my perspective is skewed but do you find it offensive to be pandered in this manner?

I should correct myself, I don't fault them for the hustle. Sjw virtue dollars are just as green as good old American normal cream filling Oreo munchers dollars.

It's just social statements like this by a company aren't there to do anything but make money.
Lol you answered my question while i was typing it.

OK, here you go.

See? No BS.

And for those too lazy to follow the link:

using their commercials, such as the most recent Oreo ad featuring a lesbian couple, to brainwash children and adults alike by desensitizing audiences.

The company is collaborating with PFLAG and celebrating their LGBTQ advocacy work. It is obvious they are going after our children in a dangerous partnership with PFLAG.

PFLAG National is the national organization, which provides support to the PFLAG network of over 400 local chapters. Founded in New York City, New York, with their headquarters based in Washington, D.C., PFLAG is the most visible group showing support for LGBTQ youth and acceptance of this lifestyle.

When we purchase Mondelez International products then we are helping fund and support PFLAG. In 2011, the popular snack-food company Nabisco became known as Mondelez International. Its most popular brands in the United States are Oreo, belVita, Chips Ahoy!, Cadbury Dairy Milk, Honey Maid, Halls, Philadelphia, Ritz, Sour Patch Kids, Triscuit, Trident gum, and Wheat Thins.

Bonus: You can sign to boycott petition at the link.

No different than Green Oreos on St. Patrick's Day - just another marketing way of increasing sales. To make an issue of it is folly, like it buy it, don't like it don't.

Is the opposite also true? Do companies also only oppose gay rights when it is "good for their bottom line"?

Think Home Depot, AT&T, Verizon, Pfizer, etc. While these companies typically pay lip service to LGBTQ issues, their political donations speak volumes.

How would you feel about buying "southern pride" oreos with cream dyed like the Confederate flag? Would you want to bring a box of one of those to a friend's party or a company picnic?

If you understand that many conservatives--present company included--regard homosexuality as a sexual perversion, deeply harmful, and unconditionally immoral, why would it shock you that "conservative groups" have a big problem with symbols of homosexual/transsexual pride literally baked into the foodstuffs they buy, or that they would advocate boycotting such products?

I'm not interested in debating morality in this thread. It suffices that you understand what the conservative position is--which I believe you do--and that you think critically over how you would respond if a similar controversy arose with the promotion of some doctrine or belief you consider morally abhorrent. Would you shrug and laugh, or would your purchasing habits change?

No different than Green Oreos on St. Patrick's Day - just another marketing way of increasing sales. To make an issue of it is folly, like it buy it, don't like it don't.
It's not the rainbow cookie that pisses people off. It's that commercial! That father should throw his daughter and her girlfriend out on the street, not paint his fence in support of a perverted lifestyle. The idea that families should continue to love and embrace members who engage in such behavior goes contrary to all that conservatives hold dear. How dare this company suggest such a thing.

How would you feel about buying "southern pride" oreos with cream dyed like the Confederate flag? Would you want to bring a box of one of those to a friend's party or a company picnic?

I suppose it might depend on the political leanings of my friend. You see, I can be friends with people with whom I have differences. If I thought my friend would appreciate a "stars and bars" cookie, I'd probably buy it for them. I have a friend who recently found out her daughter is gay. She is beside herself with anger and disappointment. We're still friends even though we have very different opinions regarding the matter.

I'm not interested in debating morality in this thread. It suffices that you understand what the conservative position is--which I believe you do--and that you think critically over how you would respond if a similar controversy arose with the promotion of some doctrine or belief you consider morally abhorrent. Would you shrug and laugh, or would your purchasing habits change?

Oh, believe me, my buying habits have definitely changed base on companies' or owners' policies and practices. For example, I avoid Home Depot based on the owner's political contributions. I avoid Jimmy John's based on the owner's practice of hunting and killing big game animals. I never shop at Hobby Lobby based on their role in a very bad Supreme Court decision. And I would avoid patronizing any merchant (think cake baker) whom I was aware practiced discrimination based on race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, etc.

This conservative Christian idea that "That's against my religion therefore I must prevent you from doing that," makes as much sense as "I'm on a diet so you can't eat that."

OK, here you go.

See? No BS.

And for those too lazy to follow the link:

Bonus: You can sign to boycott petition at the link.
Are you really trying to suggest this fringe minority group is represenitive of conservatism, lol
In case your too lazy to look up who they actually are here...

It's not the rainbow cookie that pisses people off. It's that commercial! That father should throw his daughter and her girlfriend out on the street, not paint his fence in support of a perverted lifestyle. The idea that families should continue to love and embrace members who engage in such behavior goes contrary to all that conservatives hold dear. How dare this company suggest such a thing.
Are you suggesting that all LBGTQ members are liberal and that are no conservative members?

Is the opposite also true? Do companies also only oppose gay rights when it is "good for their bottom line"?

Think Home Depot, AT&T, Verizon, Pfizer, etc. While these companies typically pay lip service to LGBTQ issues, their political donations speak volumes.
The article says they give money to anti gay politicians, it never mentioned who they were.

So I'm not sure.

Are you suggesting that all LBGTQ members are liberal and that are no conservative members?
It would seem that is the case. #walkaway started in the LGBT. The first pro gay president we have ever had is Donald Trump. He was that way back in the 90s

Uh oh.

55113-2.jpg

Well they jumped on the bandwagon of the race thing long after there was any risk in doing it. Oreo cookies were around during the Civil Rights movement then it would have been brave and risky to come out in support of something not in the 1980s when the battle's over.

Same thing with the gay thing I remember eating Oreos 25 years ago. Back when being gay was really looked down upon they didn't give a crap because they couldn't make any money off of it. but that would have been when something like this is a virtuous. Not when it gets to the point where not doing anything for pride month gets you ire of the public.

Saying you support gay people now is like saying you drink water if no one's going to curse you for it and outside of a few Fringe nut bars, there's no risk in it if anything it helps your bottom line.

It's a marketing gimmick giant heartless companies have always been trying to present themselves as the giant heartless company that cares. I don't begrudge them for this they care about the dollar that is what they do. If they really cared about gays they'd have made rainbow Oreos back in 1984. They wouldn't have waited until it was profitable. Thing with Burger King and the pride Whopper they put out.
Yep, agreed.

Crazy as it sounds, technically publicly traded companies cannot do charitable or benevolent acts, unless it will increase their bottom-line in excess of the expenses occured!

I was going to say the walruses appear to be gay but as it turns out female walruses do have tusks. The giraffes I can't tell them because there's not enough detail in the painting to make out their ossicones. The moose aren't gay. Can't see the tails of the snakes so I don't know on them either

The orangutans aren't gay, male and female are dimorphic same with the ostriches and the elephants unless one of them encountered an ivory dealer.

Lol

Last edited:
Yep, agreed.

Crazy as it sounds, technically publicly traded companies cannot do charitable or benevolent acts, unless it will increase their bottom-line in excess of the expenses occured!
I also don't blame them for this. They are businesses. Nabisco exists to sell cookies. I remember this back during the organic and non-GMO crap. It was a marketing ploy. They knew some people would care about that nonsense.

I also don't blame them for this. They are businesses. Nabisco exists to sell cookies. I remember this back during the organic and non-GMO crap. It was a marketing ploy. They knew some people would care about that nonsense.
Agreed.

I suppose it might depend on the political leanings of my friend. You see, I can be friends with people with whom I have differences. If I thought my friend would appreciate a "stars and bars" cookie, I'd probably buy it for them. I have a friend who recently found out her daughter is gay. She is beside herself with anger and disappointment. We're still friends even though we have very different opinions regarding the matter.
Let me just warn you to not walk with your stars-and-bars cookie into a room of college age progressives if you value your skin staying on your body. 🤕

Oh, believe me, my buying habits have definitely changed base on companies' or owners' policies and practices. For example, I avoid Home Depot based on the owner's political contributions. I avoid Jimmy John's based on the owner's practice of hunting and killing big game animals. I never shop at Hobby Lobby based on their role in a very bad Supreme Court decision. And I would avoid patronizing any merchant (think cake baker) whom I was aware practiced discrimination based on race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, etc.

This conservative Christian idea that "That's against my religion therefore I must prevent you from doing that," makes as much sense as "I'm on a diet so you can't eat that."
The sine qua non of lawful society is that citizens are prohibited from doing certain things based on a common standard. Do you think that everyone agrees doctors should be prohibited from practicing unlicensed? Assault weapons should be banned? Anti-discrimination laws should be enforced? Child pornography should be illegal? Opioids should be available by prescription only? Minimum wage laws are a good thing? Undocumented immigration should be against the law?

I could go on for pages. My points being that: a) "That's against my [moral or ethical doctrine] therefore I must prevent you from doing that," is by no means an exclusively conservative Christian idea, and b) whether you admit it or not, you support or approve of literally hundreds of restrictions and prohibitions enforced universally on all Americans, only a tiny handful of whom exactly agree with you what ought to be and ought not to be prohibited.

You yourself admit that you change your buying habits based on companies' policies/practices. Also, seeing as we're on a political debate forum, I find it hard to believe you've never expressed a strong opinion about something you find morally repugnant. If so, why are you getting on a conservative's case if he exhibits the same behaviour, e.g. by boycotting oreo?

Back
Top Bottom