• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Conservatives MUST choose Leslyn Lewis for leader

I found these:

Motz endorses Leslyn Lewis for CPC leadership

“She’s a breath of fresh air, and Justin Trudeau’s worst nightmare,” he told the News on Friday.

Earlier in the day, the Lewis campaign released the endorsement from the Member of Parliament form Medicine Hat-Cardston-Warner, who said he first became engaged with Lewis when she contacted him to discuss her public safety platform.

Motz, the parties’ deputy shadow critic on pubic safety, said he’s been increasingly impressed with her style and positions. That’s even as she has received little fanfare in the media compared to former federal party leader MacKay, former cabinet minister O’Toole and hardline candidate Derek Sloan.

“I’m not interested in someone who can only win a leadership contest, but someone who can become prime minister and have the kind of leadership and conversations we need to have in this country,” he said.

Lewis, 49, is a lawyer who holds a Ph.D in International Law. She previously ran unsuccessfully for the CPC in the Ontario riding of Scarborough-Rouge Park in 2015.

She is the first female member of a visible minority group (her parents immigrated from Jamaica) to run for the federal leadership of the party.

According to other media reporting, her pro-life stances have made her the favourite among some social conservative groups.
Motz endorses Leslyn Lewis for CPC leadership - Medicine Hat NewsMedicine Hat News

Team Lewis ‘punching above’ its weight in race for CPC leadership

‘Dr. Lewis has surprised many by getting this far,’ says campaign manager Steve Outhouse. ‘We’re looking to continue to surprise
people right up to the end.’
Team Lewis ‘punching above’ its weight in race for CPC leadership - The Hill Times

Conservative leadership contender Leslyn Lewis sells herself to social conservatives

Conservative Party leadership prospect Leslyn Lewis says she wants to see all Canadians treated with respect, regardless of their sexual orientation.

Lewis, who runs her own law firm and has a PhD in law and a master's in environmental science, has emerged as the first choice of some social conservatives, including the anti-abortion advocacy group Right Now.

In fact, Lewis told CBC News she decided to run for the leadership after watching the way Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer was treated during the last election — and what she called the Liberals' "obsession" with Scheer's refusal to attend Pride parades.

"If you are ready to treat every Canadian with equal dignity and respect, it doesn't matter whether or not you march in a parade," she said. "That's a personal choice."

The anti-abortion group Right Now is recommending that Conservative Party members rank Lewis first on their ballots, followed by fellow social conservative Sloan. O'Toole — who has said he will defend the right of women to choose but would let MPs vote their conscience on matters like abortion — is ranked third.

Another prominent anti-abortion group, Campaign Life Coalition, has given Lewis "green light" status to indicate she is a candidate worthy of support.
Conservative leadership contender Leslyn Lewis sells herself to social conservatives, takes shots at MacKay | CBC News

Last edited:
ENDORSEMENT: Why Leslyn Lewis Should Lead The CPC

***According to a DART & Maru/Blue poll, as many as 84% of Canadians believe the practice of late-stage abortion should be illegal.

More......
ENDORSEMENT: Why Leslyn Lewis Should Lead The CPC | Elect Conservatives

Leslyn Lewis Gaining Momentum In Conservative Leadership Race

While Erin O’Toole and Peter MacKay are seen by much of the media as the frontrunners for the CPC leadership, Dr. Leslyn Lewis appears to be gaining significant momentum.

Online, Lewis is receiving more and more traction with her posts, and her approach appears to be resonating with Conservatives.

Lewis is winning praise for her recent statement on Black Lives Matter, where she slammed the group for calling for the defunding of the police, and ripped their attack on the Western nuclear family structure.

Here’s an excerpt of her widely-praised letter:
Leslyn Lewis Gaining Momentum In Conservative Leadership Race - Spencer Fernando

I'm telling you folks - we have to get out of that box!

The Canadian electorate could very well vote for Trudeau again. That is a fact.

I don't think you understand what I'm saying. Read my posts again.

And they will if the Conservatives choose anyone with ties to social conservatism.

And they will if the Conservatives choose anyone with ties to social conservatism.

Leslyn Lewis is a contender in a very different global climate. She fits right in, in this different ballgame.

That's a fact!

Leslyn Lewis is a contender in a very different global climate. She fits right in, in this different ballgame.

That's a fact!

No she doesn't, social conservatism has not magically become acceptable. Show me this sudden shift to social conservatism.

No she doesn't, social conservatism has not magically become acceptable. Show me this sudden shift to social conservatism.

You don’t understand

It is because she is a woman all the socially liberal people will vote for her and not the Green Party

It is because she is a minority that all the left will vote for her instead of the NDP.

They can’t vote any other way the current wokeness will prevent that

:roll:

Read this again:

Go back and read my previous posts. My point is going over your head.

You don’t understand

It is because she is a woman all the socially liberal people will vote for her and not the Green Party

It is because she is a minority that all the left will vote for her instead of the NDP.

They can’t vote any other way the current wokeness will prevent that

Not quite.

Leslyn Lewis is black......a woman......and.........with a degree on Environment.

She is the epitome of three vital liberal issues - all rolled into one package!

Here are the reasons why I urge all Conservatives to come together, and vote for Leslyn Lewis.

Lewis cannot be associated with Harper.
Lewis is new. She has no baggage! No scandal, no political gaffes or mud that can be used against her.
Lewis is not a career politician.
Lewis is not a member of the elite.

Lewis is female.
Lewis is black.
Lewis has a degree on Environment.

Lewis has a very positive persona - she doesn't strike me as someone who'll be a "loose cannon."
She is intelligent. She is diplomatic. Dignified. Motherly in stance.

She represents all the diversed people of color, and immigrants in this country.

There is only one global social issue that's front and center: systemic racism.
Will Canada deny her (and what she represents) this opportunity?

Because of what she represents (and that, she is also a Conservative).......she will become a UNIFIER for ALL Canadians.

Her opponents will have a very hard time attacking her. They'll be walking on eggshells! That includes the media!

And yes. She's got her policies. They are based on conservative values, but she presents them in a diplomatic way.

She's all those - in one package!

Let's exploit all that.

Did I forget to mention that the CPC brand will be rinsed of the tarnish, the unfair label associated with white supremacy?

The Conservative Party is the only party with a contender who has all those that are very relevant in today's world.

The timing is right!

We have to seize this moment!

Last edited:
Leslyn Lewis has 6 MPs endorsing her.

From her campaign manager's twitter:

Hi David! @LeslynLewis
actually has 6 MPs endorsing her. Add to @GlenMotz
and @JeremyPatzerMP
: @cathayw
@rosemarie_falk
@RichardBragdon
and Tamara Jansen. #cdnpoli #cpcldr

https://twitter.com/steveouthouse

Not quite.

Leslyn Lewis is black......a woman......and.........with a degree on Environment.

She is the epitome of three vital liberal issues - all rolled into one package!

Here are the reasons why I urge all Conservatives to come together, and vote for Leslyn Lewis.

Lewis cannot be associated with Harper.
Lewis is new. She has no baggage! No scandal, no political gaffes or mud that can be used against her.
Lewis is not a career politician.
Lewis is not a member of the elite.

Lewis is female.
Lewis is black.
Lewis has a degree on Environment.

Lewis has a very positive persona - she doesn't strike me as someone who'll be a "loose cannon."
She is intelligent. She is diplomatic. Dignified. Motherly in stance.

She represents all the diversed people of color, and immigrants in this country.

There is only one global social issue that's front and center: systemic racism.
Will Canada deny her (and what she represents) this opportunity?

Because of what she represents (and that, she is also a Conservative).......she will become a UNIFIER for ALL Canadians.

Her opponents will have a very hard time attacking her. They'll be walking on eggshells! That includes the media!

And yes. She's got her policies. They are based on conservative values, but she presents them in a diplomatic way.

She's all those - in one package!

Let's exploit all that.

Did I forget to mention that the CPC brand will be rinsed of the tarnish, the unfair label associated with white supremacy?

The Conservative Party is the only party with a contender who has all those that are very relevant in today's world.

The timing is right!

We have to seize this moment!

So tell me if she was 100% pro-choice, trans-rights, gay marriage, etc. You would still support her?

So tell me if she was 100% pro-choice, trans-rights, gay marriage, etc. You would still support her?

You better read again.
bye for now.

You better read again.
bye for now.

I will take that as a no. If you wouldn't vote for her socially liberal views why would socially Liberal voters do the opposite?

I will take that as a no. If you wouldn't vote for her socially liberal views why would socially Liberal voters do the opposite?

I already told you - this is my opinion! That's how I see it!
If you think I'm wrong, fine. You're free to think that. You're free to say that, too.

But your persistence here borders on....harassment. like, you're triggered....or on a rant....or something.

Lol. You won't even let me leave. I'm already saying bye-bye. You're like hanging on to the hem of my dress.

What are you so afraid of?

You want me to reassure you, so you'll sleep better tonight? Fine.
Carjosse, don't take my post seriously. C'mere. I'm only kidding.

< not >

Last edited:

If your criteria for a conservative is to agree with your take on non political issues like what two consenting people do in a bed-room or whether the government should have the final say on what you do with your body, that is pro government interference in your private life. If you were Conservative, the classic approach would be that individual rights should not be replaced by governments telling you what to do.

In fact your views which I guess you believe make you Conservative could be argued to be Liberal views or even facist or totalitarian (communist) views.

You mix up your desire to have everyone agree with your individual beliefs and have your beliefs imposed by government to mean Conservative.

In fact you should be a Liberal. Trudeau would love you. He believes his individual beliefs as long as they are imposed by government are divine.

I already told you - this is my opinion! That's how I see it!
If you think I'm wrong, fine. You're free to think that. You're free to say that, too.

But your persistence here borders on....harassment. like, you're triggered....or on a rant....or something.

Lol. You won't even let me leave. I'm already saying bye-bye. You're like hanging on to the hem of my dress.

What are you so afraid of?

You want me to reassure you, so you'll sleep better tonight? Fine.
Carjosse, don't take my post seriously. C'mere. I'm only kidding.

< not >

Well I want to send you roses. Careful I am a 64 year old man. I sound creepy. I support your comments.

The ultimate pro-life voting guide to Canada’s Conservative Party leadership race

Pro-life groups are saying there are only two real leadership choices for voters in the Conservative party of Canada: Derek Sloan and Leslyn Lewis

The pro-life group is asking pro-life Conservatives “to vote for Derek Sloan and Leslyn Lewis in the top ballot positions of number one and number two, in whatever order you prefer,” says director of political operations, Jack Fonseca.

It is also urging pro-life Conservatives to leave MacKay and O’Toole completely off the ballot, even though O’Toole is endorsed by Alberta Premier Jason Kenney and Alberta MP Garnett Genuis.

“REAL Women does not recommend that a vote be cast on the ballot for the two Red Tory candidates Peter MacKay and Erin O'Toole. Neither of them is pro-life/family nor can be trusted to take into consideration the social conservative position when making decisions,” the group stated in a press release.

O’Toole and MacKay “do not deserve a vote from pro-life, pro-family Conservatives,” emphasized CLC’s Fonseca.

“It would send the wrong message to all Conservative politicians across Canada, essentially telling them that they can earn our support without giving us anything in terms of meaningful policy.”
The ultimate pro-life voting guide to Canada’s Conservative Party leadership race | News | LifeSite

One of the news channel's (either CTV or CBC) panel was talking about Leslyn Lewis yesterday.
Apparently she's gaining momentum - and many non-social conservatives are backing her up simply because they don't want either McKay or O'Toole!

I'm urging all conservatives to get united behind Leslyn Lewis.
She's the ticket to a majority at the next Federal Election (which might come this fall)!

‘I don’t hide who I am’: Leslyn Lewis's pitch to conservative voters

She's the first-ever woman of colour vying to lead the Tories and her platform emphasizes fairness within the Conservative Party, a pushback against political correctness and a repeal of Liberal policies.

Lewis is hoping that her plain-dealing approach will do more than defy her own party’s expectations. “To unite the country, we have to be able to sit across the table from people who don’t think like us and have strong conversations about where our country needs to go for everybody to benefit,” Lewis says.
A poll commissioned by her campaign showed that Canadians, writ large, overwhelmingly preferred a Conservative Party leader who fit her description—“Female. Lawyer and entrepreneur. Ph.D. in law and a master’s in environmental studies. Visible minority”—over those of her opponents.

Despite being a relative “outsider,” she has secured endorsements from seven MPs.
A cross-section of Conservative sources, including people working on other campaigns, say they are seeing a surge in her popularity.
“She’s so articulate, and very intelligent and calm. And she has an understated, powerful way of communicating with people that makes
her very relatable,” says Melanie Paradis, who is heading up communications for Erin O’Toole.
Leslyn Lewis's plan to be the social conservative candidate all voters can embrace

Get united!

I'm telling you - she's the one!

Last edited:
One of the news channel's (either CTV or CBC) panel was talking about Leslyn Lewis yesterday.
Apparently she's gaining momentum - and many non-social conservatives are backing her up simply because they don't want either McKay or O'Toole!

I'm urging all conservatives to get united behind Leslyn Lewis.
She's the ticket to a majority at the next Federal Election (which might come this fall)!

Leslyn Lewis's plan to be the social conservative candidate all voters can embrace

Get united!

I'm telling you - she's the one!

Please show us where these seats are going to come from to get a majority. Unless the prairies somehow get an additional 100 seats before the next election I don't know how.

Due to this WE scandal - we might end up with a federal election in the fall.

I'm telling you folks.....this is the time to get that majority, and it will only be possible through LESLYN LEWIS!

If it isn't Lewis, we're likely to end up with a replay like the last election. Worse, Trudeau could even end up with a majority!
He's spending billions (using the Covid-19 to buy votes!)

The Liberal war machine has already prepared against either McKay or O'Toole.
Believe me, they already have their strategy in place for them!
But I don't think they've counted on LEWIS winning this! She's a refreshing figure in this arena!

Anyway, being a rookie.........what can they attack her with? She has no political baggage!
She is attracting non-social conservatives.....therefore, she'll also be attracting centrists and lite-Liberals who want to get rid of Trudeau!

UNITE! Get LEWIS to go head to head with Trudeau!

Put her name at the top!

Carjosse knows what I'm on about. She can see I'm right about this.
Though, of course she won't admit it................... she actually agrees with my prediction.
Just look how Carjosse - the Liberal apologist for this forum - has been freakin' out over Lewis! :lamo

Last edited:
Due to this WE scandal - we might end up with a federal election in the fall.

I'm telling you folks.....this is the time to get that majority, and it will only be possible through LESLYN LEWIS!

If it isn't Lewis, we're likely to end up with a replay like the last election. Worse, Trudeau could even end up with a majority!
He's spending billions (using the Covid-19 to buy votes!)

The Liberal war machine has already prepared against either McKay or O'Toole.
Believe me, they already have their strategy in place for them!
But I don't think they've counted on LEWIS winning this! She's a refreshing figure in this arena!

Anyway, being a rookie.........what can they attack her with? She has no political baggage!
She is attracting non-social conservatives.....therefore, she'll also be attracting centrists and lite-Liberals who want to get rid of Trudeau!

UNITE! Get LEWIS to go head to head with Trudeau!

Put her name at the top!

Carjosse knows what I'm on about. She can see I'm right about this.
Though, of course she won't admit it................... she actually agrees with my prediction.
Just look how Carjosse - the Liberal apologist for this forum - has been freakin' out over Lewis! :lamo

None of the parties would be stupid enough to take down the Liberal party. The Liberals are popular because they handled the COVID-19 situation very well, not because they bought votes. Pretty much every government that handled it well is.

The Liberal party is already well prepared for Leslyn Lewis types, she basically writes the attack ads for them by being a social conservative, all they have to do is publicize her beliefs, beliefs the vast majority of Canadians do not support.

If you are so sure she has a chance of winning then tell us how.

None of the parties would be stupid enough to take down the Liberal party. The Liberals are popular because they handled the COVID-19 situation very well, not because they bought votes. Pretty much every government that handled it well is.

The Liberal party is already well prepared for Leslyn Lewis types, she basically writes the attack ads for them by being a social conservative, all they have to do is publicize her beliefs, beliefs the vast majority of Canadians do not support.

If you are so sure she has a chance of winning then tell us how.

but I do like this:

Lewis wants to give party members, and Canadians, some credit. They can disagree with her on issues, but they know the difference between personal belief and responsible policy-making. She hopes people will identify with her intent: “I believe in being inclusive. I believe in being loving. I believe in nurturing individuals to be the best that they can be, whoever they are in society.”

Not that I'll ever vote against a woman's absolute authority over her own biology or deny LGTBQRST rights. What transpires between two (or more) consenting adults is nobody else's business and love isn't something the state can legislate against. So basically I never have been and never will be a conservative.

but I do like this:

"Lewis wants to give party members, and Canadians, some credit. They can disagree with her on issues, but they know the difference between personal belief and responsible policy-making. She hopes people will identify with her intent: “I believe in being inclusive. I believe in being loving. I believe in nurturing individuals to be the best that they can be, whoever they are in society.”

So many centrists will like this one too:

“To unite the country, we have to be able to sit across the table from people who don’t think like us and have strong conversations about where our country needs to go for everybody to benefit,” Lewis says.

More than ever - we need someone who can unite us all as a nation.

I'm not surprised that non-social conservatives are going for her.
She'll be attractive to the centrists and the lite Liberals. She'll be taking centrist Liberals who'd gone to the Greens and NDP in the past election.
Look at the dominating GLOBAL issues everywhere!

We can't afford to gamble on anyone else - because if we do - even with the WE scandal, most likely, it'll only be a replay of last election.

Timing, is part of the major equation!
A fall election will be the "perfect storm" for Lewis. The Conservatives will have the majority!

LESLYN LEWIS is the one!

Last edited:
Think about this possibility too:
IF Trudeau ends up being booted by his own party, or if he steps down - who's likely to replace him?
FREELAND! That's another scary thought.

You'd want LEWIS to be the one to take on FREELAND!

Any male against Freeland will be toast! That's just the reality climate we're in right now, folks. Gender will play a role.

Whether we want to admit it or not - if it ever comes to female vs female, what faction do you think will make a big difference?
The VISIBLE MINORITIES!

No matter who the opponent is on the next federal election - we got the upper hand in LEWIS!

LEWIS IS THE ONE!

Last edited:
Having a woman as leader did not get the greens more than a couple of seats. Having a minority as leader did not prevent the NDP from losing a lot of seats

People who left the Liberal party to vote for the Greens and NDP are not likely to go and vote for the Con party. The NDP and Green are more left than the Liberal party, they are not likely to move that far to the right to vote for Lewis. A centrist candidate like Mackay could attract that vote, not a social conservative. If she is an environmentalist she will lose votes in Alberta, if she is a fake environmentalist she will lose the Green vote.

Overall Lewis has no chance to become PM, she wont get the NDP vote, or the Green votes. She will not get rural Quebec, nor Urban Quebec. The west will of course vote conservative, you could put up a dead donkey as leader of the Con Party and Alberta would vote for it

Mackay is the best choice for the Con party to get into power, as he has the ability to attract moderates, that a social conservative does not

Having a woman as leader did not get the greens more than a couple of seats. Having a minority as leader did not prevent the NDP from losing a lot of seats

...because you're missing the point!

Elizabeth May may be female, but she's the leader of a FRINGE party.....and she's white!

Jagmeet Singh may be a visible minority, but he's the leader of a SOCIALIST Party..........and he's male!

Do you see what you're overlooking? They're no comparison with Lewis!

WHY?

LEWIS is female, and a visible minority........AND, she will represent the traditional opposition to the Liberals - the CONSERVATIVE Party!

LEWIS IS THE ONE!

Back
Top Bottom