• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Conservatives more susceptible to believing falsehoods

And yet it was lib/progs that elected Bideen/Harris and believed they'd do a good job. How's your gas prices lately?

Nobody with a fully formed brain thinks the President and Vice President of the United States controls gas prices. Because everyone with a fully formed brain knows they don't, and they can't.

Let me guess. You believe that George W. Bush did something to increase gas prices during his Presidency.

Nobody with a fully formed brain thinks the President and Vice President of the United States controls gas prices. Because everyone with a fully formed brain knows they don't, and they can't.

Let me guess. You believe that George W. Bush did something to increase gas prices during his Presidency.

Shutting off the keystone pipeline didn't help, that was one of the Bidenhole's first acts - punishing us for voting for

Trump. That's okay, though, when we get rid of the hyena we'll throw him out of office, too.

Well, there was that war in Iraq. I'm sure that didn't help keep the oil flowing.

Really? Then how many Democrats belong to Qanon?
I have no idea. I stay away from that site and anyone who remotely supports that idiocy.

Shutting off the keystone pipeline didn't help, that was one of the Bidenhole's first acts - punishing us for voting for

Trump. That's okay, though, when we get rid of the hyena we'll throw him out of office, too.

Keystone had no impact on gas prices. It wasn't gas coming to this country.

Try again?

Keystone XL was 2 years until completion, so stopping production would not have had any effect, even if that Canadian oil was coming to the US, which it wasn't. That pipeline moved Candian oil sand oil from Alberta to Texas for refining and then it was to be shipped to India and China. It wasn't American oil and it wasn't going to be sold in the US.

I think everyone is pretty susceptible to misinformation when it comes to supporting your values/worldview. I think the pickle conservatives are in is that in order to be a conservative you pretty much have to eat to gobble up a ton of lies in order not to see yourself as reprehensible.

I mean, how can you look at your grandkids/kids (recent report has a short time frame) knowing that "Drill baby drill" and being against climate change policies will make your offisprings lives a hell in the future.

Keystone XL was 2 years until completion, so stopping production would not have had any effect, even if that Canadian oil was coming to the US, which it wasn't. That pipeline moved Candian oil sand oil from Alberta to Texas for refining and then it was to be shipped to India and China. It wasn't American oil and it wasn't going to be sold in the US.
All of that is true but you left out the most important reason to kill that pipeline. That those oil sands are the most polluting fossil fuel on earth and they need to remain where they are. We don't need want or need them EVER and will do nothing to facilitate their use.

These accusations that paint one party, with broad strokes, as more unhinged or ignorant because of their more extreme elements are false generalizations. Both have fringes that support dumb ideas like conservative anti-vaxxers and liberals who want to defund the police.

All of that is true but you left out the most important reason to kill that pipeline. That those oil sands are the most polluting fossil fuel on earth and they need to remain where they are. We don't need want or need them EVER and will do nothing to facilitate their use.
I agree with you but they are not on our soil. They are on Candian soil and they are owned by Royal Dutch Shell, Syncrude, Suncor, and other companies.

I agree with you but they are not on our soil. They are on Candian soil and they are owned by Royal Dutch Shell, Syncrude, Suncor, and other companies.
We are all citizens of the earth and we all have a say in how we treat it. The operation should be shutdown now because tar sand oil is also the most expensive to produce on the planet and they are losing money on every barrel they produce. The major oil companies are selling off their shares too. We need to pressure the Canadian Govt. to shut it down for good.

Given the high cost, outsized environmental impacts, and financial headwinds, many investors and corporate partners are leaving the industry behind. According to the Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis, 57 major financial institutions have pledged to stop funding or insuring oil sands ventures. Exxon Mobil has declared a loss on the original value of its oil sands assets, and Chevron has pulled out of Canadian oil and gas entirely. Other oil majors like Shell and BP are selling off their oil sands assets, leaving it largely to Canadian oil companies and the Canadian government to forge ahead.

https://yaleclimateconnections.org/2021/03/canadas-oil-sands-industry-is-taking-a-big-hit/

Last edited:
Ever hear of supply and demand? Biden is working feverishly to reduce our production therefore removing our ability to control prices. Also his economy wet dreams - er policies are exploding inflation which also cause prices to go up.
GWB hasn't been in office since 2009.

Ever hear of supply and demand? Biden is working feverishly to reduce our production therefore removing our ability to control prices. Also his economy wet dreams - er policies are exploding inflation which also cause prices to go up.

So, what exactly has Biden done to reduce the supply of gasoline?

It seems to me the price increase is more due to increase in demand than to decrease in supply. People are travelling more now than they were during the worst days of COVID.

Er, every hear of "The President of the United States has no control over gas prices"? Apparently not. Tucker doesn't share that with you, even though he said it all the time when gas prices were out of control under GWB.

Maybe spend some time on education so you know what the rest of us do.

Trump did good job of inheriting a resilient economy from the past administration. He did nothing to build a good economy.
Nonsense. Obama had the worst recovery since WW II. GDP in his last year was 1.6%, he added 5.5 trillion to the debt in his first four years - until GOP re-took the House and exerted a little adult supervision. The stock markets add 10-15% in the two months after Trump's election, which was about the same as Barry had rung up in the previous ten months. Trump lowered unemployment by almost 25% in his first two years and hit record lows for women and people of color.

Oh, we're enjoying a dramatic V-shaped recovery based on the foundations Trump installed. So far it's even been strong enough to endure the FUBAR Biden and crew have generated.

But we still remember the $4 a gallon gas he gave us by driving up the price of oil in every way possible. He bought more $100+ a barrel crude oil than any other President to fill our oil reserves that are still sitting in the ground today.
Biden has done nothing to reduce domestic production and stopping exploration on govt. lands is just common sense given that we wish to reduce our oil consumption dramatically in the near future.

Our oil supply isn't nationalized. How is Joe Biden trying to reduce our oil supply or production?

All
I'm willing to bet that the "conservatives" JSM was talking about more closely resemble today's liberal/progrsssivs.
I have been able to glean from simple.observation that anything a conservative accuses a liberal of doing is something a conservatives is doing themselves.

It's where they got the idea.

Er, every hear of "The President of the United States has no control over gas prices"? Apparently not. Tucker doesn't share that with you, even though he said it all the time when gas prices were out of control under GWB.
Still don't give a crap about GWB. Trump built is into a net oil supplier.
Maybe spend some time on education so you know what the rest of us do.
You might want to follow that advice yourself.

Nonsense. Obama had the worst recovery since WW II. GDP in his last year was 1.6%, he added 5.5 trillion to the debt in his first four years - until GOP re-took the House and exerted a little adult supervision. The stock markets add 10-15% in the two months after Trump's election, which was about the same as Barry had rung up in the previous ten months. Trump lowered unemployment by almost 25% in his first two years and hit record lows for women and people of color.

Oh, we're enjoying a dramatic V-shaped recovery based on the foundations Trump installed. So far it's even been strong enough to endure the FUBAR Biden and crew have generated.
The U.S had the fastest recovery from the Great Bush recession of any western nation except Germany. Obama's policies avoided the double dip recessions that most of europe experienced due to their failed austerity policies.

ij-u98AMYAuSaZ_v6sUg1cAEx-oyRj2X9uDagEvm12S069Y3QAM43VIN-RhNf0aZ0xh2W6gxnTuzlFwC6qaixIKbHW_tcvp3qeuyfk6PzSEfZcMT9c6eFy4fZu99zPoIlQ

All
I have been able to glean from simple.observation that anything a conservative accuses a liberal of doing is something a conservatives is doing themselves.

It's where they got the idea.
Don't quit the day job.

The U.S had the fastest recovery from the Great Bush recession of any western nation. Obama's policies avoided the double dip recessions that most of europe experienced due to their failed austerity policies.
Which means what? We were the fastest snail in the race? BFD.

Back
Top Bottom