• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Conservatives Launch Facebook Alternative....

roughdraft274

ThunderCougarFalconBird
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Conservatives Launch Facebook Alternative | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes

A group of conservatives is launching their own social networking site after enduring what they call years of censorship and liberal bullying on Facebook.

Lol, why not? Conservatives have already created conservapedia to help them live in there fantasy world, why not an entire social networking site?

What next? Are they gonna build an entire town completely free of facts and thoughts that they don't agree with?

Glenn Beck plans to build utopian city - Independence, USA — RT

Whoops, too late, lol

I heard FB is going to start requiring people to provide a copy of their birth certificate or driver's license to people they find suspicious. I can see how not having to do that could be a selling point to the Big Brother is Watching Crowd in addition to the content restrictions they are running up against.

Conservatives Launch Facebook Alternative | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes

Lol, why not? Conservatives have already created conservapedia to help them live in there fantasy world, why not an entire social networking site?

What next? Are they gonna build an entire town completely free of facts and thoughts that they don't agree with?

Glenn Beck plans to build utopian city - Independence, USA — RT

Whoops, too late, lol

The answer to censorship? Censor back!

How in the world do they plan to have Free Speech AND ban all ideas they don't like?

Beck will never be able to build this Utopian City... his plans are quite frankly insane.

Hey you know who else had plans to build a Utopian City?

HITLER!

But I digress.

He wants to try to change July 4th so it doesn't have as much to do with Beer and Fireworks... FREEDOM!

Anywho Jon Stewart as usually nails it... when Very Very Far Right Conservatives (not all Conservatives X Factor) talk about Freedom.

Becks so called Utopia when you actually look at what he wants to do tells you alot about the so called Freedom Fetishists, who have claimed over and over again like the boy who cried wolf for the last 5 years that their opponents attempts to govern democratically are a tyrannical assault on the founding principals of the US... but I'm of the opinion that those people do not really believe in freedom.

It's not Freedom To.

It's Freedom From.

It's freedom from views and ideas that they disagree with.

The idiots that cloak themselves in patriotism and flags and think themselves some great thinkers like Benjamin Franklin... think themselves as some sort of Constitutional scholars.

That they and THEY ALONE can reveal the true intent of the constitution.

Now I'm not talking about your average run of the mill conservative here.

I'm talking about these minority far right wing folks, who wanna do stupid crap like secede within their own states (when the overwhelming majority of people in their states including Texas don't want to) or carve out their own country to build some kind of Conservative Utopia free of liberal interference...

It's just crazy.

How is that different from any other counter-culture commune? Those were (and continue to be) quite popular among the left.

Are you posting from a 1960's version of DP I'm unaware of?

I heard FB is going to start requiring people to provide a copy of their birth certificate or driver's license to people they find suspicious. I can see how not having to do that could be a selling point to the Big Brother is Watching Crowd in addition to the content restrictions they are running up against.

Where'd you hear that? Tea Party land?

Liberals now enjoy plenty of confirmation bias, as was seen in the last 60 minutes "interview" with Obama and Clinton. The creation of a conservative version of preaching to the choir is silly, I will concede, yet is not any different than many "mainstream" sites that claim no bias, yet cater mostly to liberals which will immediately pounce on any diversion from those "mainstream" views as being extreme wingnuts.

How in the world do they plan to have Free Speech AND ban all ideas they don't like?

Most True Conservatives realize that Free Speech as a Right is a farce to begin with.

:lol: :doh Ask MSNBC how they do it. :roll:

How is that different from any other counter-culture commune? Those were (and continue to be) quite popular among the left.

Sorry, I just don't see any liberals complaining that something is too conservative and then creating a liberal alternative. Counter-culture communes have nothing to do with tea-partiers getting butt hurt and creating a facebook alternative. I just think it's funny that that's there solution. I would think it equally funny if I hear Keith Olbermann wanted to build a liberal city because he fears the conservatives taking over our lives.

On Television. PBS I think, so yeah Tea Party Land. Here is an article discussing it. Instagram is doing it too.

Facebook and Instagram Users Being Asked To Upload IDs To Regain Access | TPM Idea Lab

That is wierd, but it's only for people that are violating the terms of service if I understand it right. I would imagine it's mostly for people that are creating fake accounts with other people's photos and catfishing or something similar. In these cases it makes sense for them to have to provide ID for their account to be reinstated.

What the hell bullying are they even talking about? Waaah, waah, my liberal friends keep pointing out how I'm wrong all the time. Please somebody make a website to shield me from reality.

Sorry, I just don't see any liberals complaining that something is too conservative and then creating a liberal alternative.

What, like Air America? CurrentTV? MSNBC?

Really?

You don't "see" that"? Hmmmm.

Counter-culture communes have nothing to do with tea-partiers getting butt hurt and creating a facebook alternative.

That's exactly what a counter-culture IS -- a group feeling alienated in the norm creating their own alternative.

Do you think it only counts if it's (air quotes) "progressive"?

The really funny thing about this is that the Republicans are so divided that this is doomed to fail. We all saw what happened with OWS. They had various social networking sites and various issues that they were all thinking of at the top of their heads, and yet, they couldn't form together and do anything substantial besides complain about not getting enough free stuff.

The Tea Party feels alienated but when they create this social network they will just end up fighting with each other since there are multiple different brands of tea partiers and not to mention, the ever increasing stream of paulbots that will flood that site and take it over. I might just join to watch it all happen :)

Now if they were to start a facebook version that prohibited people from posting animal cruelty pics or dogs that are about to be killed if I don't fly across the country and adopt them in the next 24 hours, I'd be interested.

What, like Air America? CurrentTV? MSNBC?

Really?

You don't "see" that"? Hmmmm.

That's exactly what a counter-culture IS -- a group feeling alienated in the norm creating their own alternative.

Do you think it only counts if it's (air quotes) "progressive"?

Creating something that is liberal isn't the same as getting butthurt at something that is completely neutral and creating a biased one in response.

:boohoo:
Poor conservatives anything that challenges their ideas, cry liberal bias and create their own single thought universe.
Reminds me of this: Main Page - Conservapedia

Creating something that is liberal isn't the same as getting butthurt at something that is completely neutral and creating a biased one in response.

:shrug: Now you're just moving the goalpost.

Besides:

Daily Kos: Christian Progressives Censored by Facebook

Tell you what -- for the sake of brevity, and saving you the exhaustion of having to explain why every example I might give doesn't count, I'll just concede that liberals are never petty, never get "butthurt," and everything they do is always 100% intellectually sound, never emotion-driven, and absolutely never, ever worthy of raising an eyebrow.

Are we good?

:shrug: Now you're just moving the goalpost.

Besides:

Daily Kos: Christian Progressives Censored by Facebook

Tell you what -- for the sake of brevity, and saving you the exhaustion of having to explain why every example I might give doesn't count, I'll just concede that liberals are never petty, never get "butthurt," and everything they do is always 100% intellectually sound, never emotion-driven, and absolutely never, ever worthy of raising an eyebrow.

Are we good?

I never said that about liberals dude. They have silly people all over the place, I just don't see liberals going to the lengths that some of these conservatives are. I'm not moving any goal posts here. If you would care to read my original post to you you will se that you are the one that is mistaken dude.

Sorry, I just don't see any liberals complaining that something is too conservative and then creating a liberal alternative.

I never said that about liberals dude. They have silly people all over the place, I just don't see liberals going to the lengths that some of these conservatives are. I'm not moving any goal posts here. If you would care to read my original post to you you will se that you are the one that is mistaken dude.

I just gave you a raft of examples, and you're still saying they don't do it.

In a thread started by YOU to complain about conservatives sticking their heads in the sand. :lamo

Back
Top Bottom