• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Conservatives Launch Facebook Alternative....

I'm just wondering what liberal bullying they're talking about. My Wall is full of conservative cartoons and pictures and nobody says a goddamned thing about it.

The problem isn't censorship of conservative ideas, it's a bunch of whining ****s who can't stand to see people disagreeing with them. If they're that weak, maybe they should retreat from the big bad Internet and let the men do the talking.

I just gave you a raft of examples, and you're still saying they don't do it.

In a thread started by YOU to complain about conservatives sticking their heads in the sand. :lamo

You're examples suck. Take Air America, that was a liberal radio station, at least I'm pretty sure that's what it was, that was made in order to spread liberal ideas via radio. That is not the same as building a town that only allows conservative ideals with no criticism or building a conservative facebook that only allows conservative ideals with no criticism, or creating a conservative wikipedia, with the stated intent of spreading only conservative ideals and banning any liberal input.

The fact that you don't see the difference is troubling, lol.

Conservatives Launch Facebook Alternative | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes

Lol, why not? Conservatives have already created conservapedia to help them live in there fantasy world, why not an entire social networking site?

What next? Are they gonna build an entire town completely free of facts and thoughts that they don't agree with?

Glenn Beck plans to build utopian city - Independence, USA — RT

Whoops, too late, lol

Sweet! Thanks!

I was wondering how all of us would begin organizing like-minded memes together. The libers have us beat by nearly 90 years but we had to start sometime I guess.

Finding sweet deals on guns and ammo will come in handy, and oh yeah, when it all hits the fan, I'll need to take my marching orders from somewhere, I suppose.

This is really great news for all of us Neocons!!

Tim-

I just joined.. Pretty cool site actually!

Tim-

You're examples suck. Take Air America, that was a liberal radio station, at least I'm pretty sure that's what it was, that was made in order to spread liberal ideas via radio.

Your rationalization is what sucks. Or maybe it's because you just don't know what you're talking about.

You said:

Sorry, I just don't see any liberals complaining that something is too conservative and then creating a liberal alternative.

That is exactly, 100%, overtly, the entire reason Air America came to be.

This isn't even debatable. That's why it happened.

That is not the same as building a town that only allows conservative ideals with no criticism or building a conservative facebook that only allows conservative ideals with no criticism, or creating a conservative wikipedia, with the stated intent of spreading only conservative ideals and banning any liberal input.

Yeah, it really is.

And the counter-culture stuff like that used to be almost exclusively on the left. In fact, it's so part of the leftist identity that many still think they're the counterculture.

The fact that you don't see the difference is troubling, lol.

I always find denial troubling, but I've learned not to worry about it.

I think theres actually a counter to conservapedia. Rationalwiki or something. I think it exists to make fun of conservapedia

I guess all those right wing things that appear on my newsfeed really aren't there. Seriously, this is just people bitching because they want to.

Lol, why not? Conservatives have already created conservapedia to help them live in there fantasy world, why not an entire social networking site?

What next? Are they gonna build an entire town completely free of facts and thoughts that they don't agree with?

Whoops, too late, lol

For people who believe that living life in a fact-free bubble is what's best.

Ostriches do all this and for much cheaper.

ostrich_head_in_sand.jpg

I heard FB is going to start requiring people to provide a copy of their birth certificate or driver's license to people they find suspicious. I can see how not having to do that could be a selling point to the Big Brother is Watching Crowd in addition to the content restrictions they are running up against.

Then go open source...

Diaspora

Own your data
Connecting socially is human nature. You shouldn't have to trade away your personal information to participate.​

Personally, I absolutely hate social networking sites. Especially facebook.

Beck will never be able to build this Utopian City... his plans are quite frankly insane.

Hey you know who else had plans to build a Utopian City?

HITLER!

But I digress.

He wants to try to change July 4th so it doesn't have as much to do with Beer and Fireworks... FREEDOM!

Anywho Jon Stewart as usually nails it... when Very Very Far Right Conservatives (not all Conservatives X Factor) talk about Freedom.

Becks so called Utopia when you actually look at what he wants to do tells you alot about the so called Freedom Fetishists, who have claimed over and over again like the boy who cried wolf for the last 5 years that their opponents attempts to govern democratically are a tyrannical assault on the founding principals of the US... but I'm of the opinion that those people do not really believe in freedom.

It's not Freedom To.

It's Freedom From.

It's freedom from views and ideas that they disagree with.

The idiots that cloak themselves in patriotism and flags and think themselves some great thinkers like Benjamin Franklin... think themselves as some sort of Constitutional scholars.

That they and THEY ALONE can reveal the true intent of the constitution.

Now I'm not talking about your average run of the mill conservative here.

I'm talking about these minority far right wing folks, who wanna do stupid crap like secede within their own states (when the overwhelming majority of people in their states including Texas don't want to) or carve out their own country to build some kind of Conservative Utopia free of liberal interference...

It's just crazy.

Why do they need a Utopian City when they already have a utopian state with Utah?

Whoops, too late, lol

Liberals are trying to build an entire country that way, so wtf is your beef?

Maybe I am missing something, but what exactly is the controversy with people with similar interests having some kind of online community?

Maybe I am missing something, but what exactly is the controversy with people with similar interests having some kind of online community?

It is the hilarity that it is because Facebook is censoring them. Right now on facebook I have ads for 4 conservative groups/pages, 3 liberal groups/pages, and something about SWTOR.

I don't think wrong is the discussion. Rather just clowning the clowns.

They move into Glenn Beck's Utopian conservative City he's building, tour the internet via their conservative social network site and if they need info they can get it off of Conservapedia, (dumbest ****ing pack of bull**** anyone could possibly imagine. I challenge anyone to try and read just the first paragraphs of their "popular articles" links from their homepage) and when they feel a tad randy, they could just go over to RepublicanPeopleMeet.com.

Creating a bubble. I do understand however that it's just dumbasses trying to turn a buck by trying to pool a niche.

Then go open source...

Diaspora

Own your data
Connecting socially is human nature. You shouldn't have to trade away your personal information to participate.​

Personally, I absolutely hate social networking sites. Especially facebook.

I only use FB to play Words. Otherwise I would probably deactivate my account.

What, like Air America? CurrentTV? MSNBC?

Really?

You don't "see" that"? Hmmmm.

That's exactly what a counter-culture IS -- a group feeling alienated in the norm creating their own alternative.

Do you think it only counts if it's (air quotes) "progressive"?

You are right about one thing the far right are not normal...not even nearly so. They are so far from the mainstream they need to isolate themselves or face reality.

Zuckerberg is fundraising for Christie, while he could be doing so for any number of promising Democrats. Wait, that's not good enough for some Republicans.

This is really great news for all of us Neocons!!

Sorry, Hiccup, but that doesn't get my heart going. I'd get that way if Commentary opened up their archives from 1980 and before for free. This announcement is more for the Rush/Beck/Breitbart crowd than neocons.

Last edited:
Going for politifacts lie of the year this year american?

Where's the lie. You're already bragging about how the election was won because there are more liberals than conservatives. Consequently we have to change somehow. Forget the fact the the popular vote count disputes that claims. Anyway, where is the lie? That's the country you want, all liberal.

Where's the lie. You're already bragging about how the election was won because there are more liberals than conservatives. Consequently we have to change somehow. Forget the fact the the popular vote count disputes that claims. Anyway, where is the lie? That's the country you want, all liberal.

On what planet do you live?

More Americans voted for Obama than Romney.. 3 million more.
More Americans voted for Democratic candidates for the House than voted for Republicans.
More Americans voted for Democratic candidates for the Senate than voted for Republicans.

Those are the facts and yet you claim the country is more Conservative and the election results show this?... where Planet Conservanutter?

More Americans voted for Democratic candidates for the House than voted for Republicans.
More Americans voted for Democratic candidates for the Senate than voted for Republicans.

Those are the facts and yet you claim the country is more Conservative and the election results show this?... where Planet Conservanutter?

Actually after all the recounts and mail ins are counted in the north east and the rest of the country, many votes in the north east were slow to be counted thanks to sandy, Obama won by about 5 million votes, much more than the original 3 million vote count.

United States presidential election, 2012 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The popular vote matters, but I'm thinking strictly from an electoral college perspective, even if those states were close, it was a scenario that kept repeating itself over and over again, thus dramatically influencing the end outcome. They won back a couple of states, but this should have obviously raised questions about the platform and/or strategy the GOP is applying.

The popular vote matters, but I'm thinking strictly from an electoral college perspective, even if those states were close, it was a scenario that kept repeating itself over and over again, thus dramatically influencing the end outcome. They won back a couple of states, but this should have obviously raised questions about the platform and/or strategy the GOP is applying.

Which the GOP will evolve. Any one who tries to claim the GOP is dead or dying is engaging in wishful thinking.

Back
Top Bottom