• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Conservatives lash out at the military over ‘woke’ policies

Just go the way of the whigs GOP...

I'm afraid it's already more like going the way of the Mussolini blackshirts.

The Whigs were pre fascism.

The Gone Old Party is uniquely American fascism in the first part of the 21st century. Armed forces commanders know this. Which is why they drew a line between the active duty forces in CONUS from their traitor commander in chief and potus. Trump is brainless to the point he had believed he could snap his fingers and the domestic military would jump to do his bidding.

The US military is going woke. Our potential adversaries are not.

The Imperial Japanese beat the crap out of their soldiers. They still got their asses kicked across the Pacific.

Performative “toughness”, as in the Russian propaganda you are so obsessed over, is meaningless.

i'd say Southern men were just as pissed when we integrated the military.

The Imperial Japanese beat the crap out of their soldiers. They still got their asses kicked across the Pacific.

Performative “toughness”, as in the Russian propaganda you are so obsessed over, is meaningless.

What the hell are you talking about and how does it relate to the here and now?

What the hell are you talking about and how does it relate to the here and now?

The Imperial Japanese military routinely abused its troops, both physically(NCOs or officers would routinely whack enlisted men around) and mentally in the name of “toughness”.

All that “toughness” was meaningless when they ran into troops with superior weaponry, support and training.

Performative toughness, like in the Russian propaganda you admire so much, is meaningless.

The Imperial Japanese military routinely abused its troops, both physically(NCOs or officers would routinely whack enlisted men around) and mentally in the name of “toughness”.

All that “toughness” was meaningless when they ran into troops with superior weaponry, support and training.

Performative toughness, like in the Russian propaganda you admire so much, is meaningless.
What does that have to do with the US military going woke?

In American politics you have to play nice with the people who insult you and your family.

The Right has no idea how comical it can be without intending it.....

Late night host Jimmy Kimmel torched Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) for offering to argue before the Supreme Court in defense of President Donald Trump, a man he once called a “pathological liar.”

Sen. McCain screwed Trump back with his vote on Obamacare.

The McCain family told Trump in no uncertain terms to stay away from the senator's funeral.

The beat goes on even for the politically deaf.

The military, especially the Navy needs to stop running into things, and stop burning ships to the waterline all because of a simple Class Alpha fire.

The surface navy is totally ****ed, while the Submariners and Aviation types are still OK for now.

The military, especially the Navy needs to stop running into things, and stop burning ships to the waterline all because of a simple Class Alpha fire.

The surface navy is totally ****ed, while the Submariners and Aviation types are still OK for now.

Well, if we insist on maintaining a cold war navy the way world war I-era admirals argued with Billy Mitchell, you're going to have all manner of problems.

What does that have to do with the US military going woke?

Let's look at the unwoke Russian military.....

blob

And the woke one....

q7UlmMgiW6BAaJxj2YezrWPwe_06q_uOL4f0nTIz0E7S-Ksjwkbxrj2BZ5eVgb9gs2tyS73asq570DplZu7P1rvDG-p0M2ACRHIBNeiR-UjTSdj9_SXMnEYgnb9IkGfnDXO_S2ZIl5UxK-dBNpYGJ2Kc43n1iiEK5sel=s0-d

Russia has its own problems and USA has Ted Cruz.

Last edited:

All the toughness in the world won’t save a person from a nerd piloting a drone with a 500 lb bomb sitting a a desk 4000 miles away

The historical recruitment belt of the AVF is from the Carolinas to Arizona to include midwest states such as Kansas and Nebraska among others of the lower midwest and mountain west.

During the past several years however the military recruitment focus has expanded mostly northward to Boston, Providence RI, New York, Philly, Pittsburg, the upper midwest in Michigan, MN, WI and out to Seattle, San Francisco and Sacramento, LA, Phoenix, El Paso and Austin, Denver among other Gen Z high population areas.

Q. What is the AVF in Afghanistan?
A. Republicans in Trucks.

This is being changed.

Gen. McConville the Army Chief of Staff is a Boston boy of USMA '86 who was CG 101st Airborne Division, CG of the joint task force during Operation Enduring Freedom. He commanded in Operation Iraqi Freedom and the war in Afghanistan.

Most significantly however for us and the thread and topic Gen. McConville was vice COS for personnel. In other words, Gen. McConville's expertise is to remake the quality and character of the Army's personnel in each respect.

That is, the Rebs are screwed and the insurrectionist supporters are ****ed.

992.jpg
Where did you get that silly information? The northeast and west coast has always been as well represented in the military as any other parts of the country. Heck, I enlisted in 1970 from New York City. Soldiers come from all parts of the United States. They always have. You sound very youthful, and lacking in military experience. By the way, after a year enlisted I entered West Point, graduating in 1975.

Well, the military didn't aid Trump when he was trying to dismantle the democracy and he is known to hold a grouch to anyone and al that doesn't support him so... expected...
The military never supports individuals. Their oath is to the Constitution, not any individual.

Where did you get that silly information? The northeast and west coast has always been as well represented in the military as any other parts of the country. Heck, I enlisted in 1970 from New York City. Soldiers come from all parts of the United States. They always have. You sound very youthful, and lacking in military experience. By the way, after a year enlisted I entered West Point, graduating in 1975.

Of course armed forces personnel derive from throughout the country.

It's the new recruiting focus Army is talking about. It relies less on the Army's historical recruiting focus on the South, Southeast, to include the Midwest.

Sorry you missed it yet congrats on graduating WP ('75) but it's always been true that half of each years grads of USMA were in the bottom half of their class.

New recruiting efforts include emphasis on 22 cities​

Army News Service February 11, 2019

size0-full.jpg

Future Soldiers from the Phoenix Recruiting Battalion participate in a joint-service mass oath of enlistment ceremony during halftime of Arizona State University's Salute to Service college football game between ASU and the University of California, ... (Photo Credit: U.S. Army)

The Army's new accession strategy includes expanding into major metropolitan areas and more into social media to reach a more diverse, qualified audience, leaders said in a Pentagon briefing Jan. 31 [2019]. The service identified 22 focus cities with growing populations of highly-qualified 18- to 24-year-olds with minimal exposure to the Army, including Chicago, Denver and Los Angeles. The Army is using social media, outreach events and key leader engagements to help increase awareness of Army opportunities in these areas.

"We wanted to get the word out to a broader swath of America," said Gen. Stephen Townsend, commander of Army Training and Doctrine Command. "In the past we have relied on traditional recruiting strongholds, the Southeast, the South and … a little of the Midwest," Townsend said. "That's not where our youth is growing the most in this country. To better represent America, we've got to go where the youth are to have better success."

In other words the AVF Army command is getting away from having so many Republican hillbillies in trucks to draw a greater recruitment from urban and more refined populations instead -- populations that historically have had little contact with the military. So perhaps it's time for the AVF to break the chain of father-son-uncle-nephew and grandfather lifer nco in favor of a Force that is more urban and new to military service.

Of course armed forces personnel derive from throughout the country.

It's the new recruiting focus Army is talking about. It relies less on the Army's historical recruiting focus on the South, Southeast, to include the Midwest.

Sorry you missed it yet congrats on graduating WP ('75) but it's always been true that half of each years grads of USMA were in the bottom half of their class.

New recruiting efforts include emphasis on 22 cities​

Army News Service February 11, 2019

size0-full.jpg

Future Soldiers from the Phoenix Recruiting Battalion participate in a joint-service mass oath of enlistment ceremony during halftime of Arizona State University's Salute to Service college football game between ASU and the University of California, ... (Photo Credit: U.S. Army)

The Army's new accession strategy includes expanding into major metropolitan areas and more into social media to reach a more diverse, qualified audience, leaders said in a Pentagon briefing Jan. 31 [2019]. The service identified 22 focus cities with growing populations of highly-qualified 18- to 24-year-olds with minimal exposure to the Army, including Chicago, Denver and Los Angeles. The Army is using social media, outreach events and key leader engagements to help increase awareness of Army opportunities in these areas.

"We wanted to get the word out to a broader swath of America," said Gen. Stephen Townsend, commander of Army Training and Doctrine Command. "In the past we have relied on traditional recruiting strongholds, the Southeast, the South and … a little of the Midwest," Townsend said. "That's not where our youth is growing the most in this country. To better represent America, we've got to go where the youth are to have better success."

In other words the AVF Army command is getting away from having so many Republican hillbillies in trucks to draw a greater recruitment from urban and more refined populations instead -- populations that historically have had little contact with the military. So perhaps it's time for the AVF to break the chain of father-son-uncle-nephew and grandfather lifer nco in favor of a Force that is more urban and new to military service.
Yeah ... we started with over 1500 and graduated 848.

The military never supports individuals. Their oath is to the Constitution, not any individual.
Dismantle democracy? Oh... you mean unsolicited mass mailings of ballots with no ID required to vote... ok... got ya.

Yeah ... we started with over 1500 and graduated 848.
Your graduating USMA in '75 put you the butterbar into the wreckage the Army was as it was cranking up the post VN all new, all recruited, no draft, AVF.

I don't envy you and you have my sympathies for having to deal with such a mess you had little or nothing to do with creating. Army had a tough decade, "75 into '85.

Army finally built itself up and now, at this point, Army is less oriented toward the generations of hayseed Republican hillbillies in their trucks by refocusing on the urban coffee house liberals to include Gen Z who are grossly underrepresented in the AVF both presently and throughout its entire past.

It's also true of WP grads that those who retire at O-5 / LTC are the run of the mill ones who were in charge of paper clips.

Well, if we insist on maintaining a cold war navy the way world war I-era admirals argued with Billy Mitchell, you're going to have all manner of problems.

Oh, we are nowhere near the "Cold War Navy".

At this time, we have 480 surface vessels in the US Navy. Most of those are destroyers.

But you are free to jump back to 1989, really the last time we had a "Cold War Navy".

In 1989, we had 17 carriers. Today we have 11.

In 1989 we had 4 Battleships, today we have 0.

In 1989 we had 41 cruisers, today we have 22.

In 1989 we had 63 destroyers, today we have 68 (the only class which increased in number).

In 1989 we had 104 frigates, today we have 0.

Wow, in comparing the two I see entire classes of over 100 ships in total not even in existence anymore, and all others but one reduced (that one only enlarged by 5 ships, to help replace some of those frigates).

Now, care to tell us again about "Cold War Navy"?

Now if you mean age, that I do admit. A lot of our ships are really old, and will even be retiring soon. Especially the Tico cruisers. Down from 27, only 22 are still in service, and 11 of those are going to be retired by the end of the decade. And there are no replacements for them, we are just going to build more Destroyers to do the same mission. The newest Tico in service is 27 years old, the oldest is 35 years old.

Just think about that for a moment. Out newest and largest surface combat ship was ordered when Reagan was President, construction was started when Bush was President, and it entered service when Clinton was President. There are literally sailors on that ship today that were not even born yet when it entered service.

If you believe him, he served in the "Old Guard" as an Officer during Vietnam.

And yes, none of us believe his stories. He has complete contempt for the NCO Corps and enlisted, and spins stories that are completely beyond belief.

I suspect he is in his 20's, and is just making it all up wholesale.

We've had women in the military for more than half a century. Why is it suddenly a crisis?

Oh, yeah. Because the military wouldn't back Trump's attempts to stay in power.
It’s not a matter of having women in the military. It’s about in what capacity they used.

If you believe him, he served in the "Old Guard" as an Officer during Vietnam.

And yes, none of us believe his stories. He has complete contempt for the NCO Corps and enlisted, and spins stories that are completely beyond belief.

I suspect he is in his 20's, and is just making it all up wholesale.
Wow... you really do have a bug up your butt. I never went to Viet Nam. I did basic at Knox, a year at USMAPS then at Ft Belvoir, entered West Point and graduated in 75. I don't even REMEMBER being in my twenties. I'll be 70 my next birthday.

Back
Top Bottom