• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Conservatives, does trump get an A for everything?

2distracted

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I give Trump an A on most things..like

The economy
China
Trade
Jobs
Funding traditionally Black colleges
Opportunity zones
Bringing jobs back from overseas
Being pro life..and not being shy about it :)
Speaking truth to fake news folks :)
The Wall

Trying to think

I'm trying to think of something he may not get an A for...

I'll let u know..or u can bring up something and we can debate it ..

Oh, another A for Trump

The China virus...the ban on travel to China

Contrary to fake news trump haters in various stages of TDS, Trump did an excellent job on the virus problem :)

There ia a big difference between GIVING Trump an A and Trump EARNING an A. He has earned a bunch of C's and a few D's. But if you use a weighted system and throw in a little affirmative action perks for being a Republican while ignoring his failures then you can make up whatever grade you choose to GIVE Trump

Of course he doesn't get an A for everything. It's just that the Democrats get an F for most things this election cycle. For many of us Trump supporters, it was never FOR Trump, it was AGAINST the idiocy of the Democrats.

The economy
China
Trade
Jobs
Opportunity zones
The Wall
Trying to think
Oh, another A for Trump
Contrary to fake news trump haters in various stages of TDS, Trump did an excellent job on the virus problem :)

Oh ... I, too, give him an A on everything you listed above ... plus on

ME peace
Iran offering to exchange all prisoners with US ... without asking for pallets of cash
NK shutting up
ISIS gone more or less after a few well-placed drones
US soldiers coming back home
UN receiving a few well-placed "up yours"

I'm voting for Trump again, I think he's been an excellent president overall, but...

Trump is an economic illiterate when it comes to free trade and immigration, because he thinks in terms of jobs instead of prosperity.

There ia a big difference between GIVING Trump an A and Trump EARNING an A. He has earned a bunch of C's and a few D's. But if you use a weighted system and throw in a little affirmative action perks for being a Republican while ignoring his failures then you can make up whatever grade you choose to GIVE Trump
The OP has a man crush. You really can't argue with him.

Of course he doesn't get an A for everything. It's just that the Democrats get an F for most things this election cycle. For many of us Trump supporters, it was never FOR Trump, it was AGAINST the idiocy of the Democrats.

Ah, yes, the idiocy of taking issue with corruption in government and trying to remove a president who openly and unlawfully withheld congressionally approved aid for a country struggling against what Trumpists called our "greatest geopolitical foe" in 2012, back before they were Trumpists, in order to try extort announcements of sham investigations into a possible 2020 democratic candidate.

Smart people know that corruption like that is awesome!

Oh, and we must not forget the idiocy of telling people that COVID is ****ing serious, so use preventative measures and don't get your parents killed. Smart people hate their parents and fellow Americans, and understand that the way to get those people killed is to turn mask wearing into a political wedge issue and piss on preventative measures designed to stop people from dying unnecessarily.

And the profane idiocy of objecting to a president's decision to kill mass testing plan because that president calculated a disease would kill a lot of liberals and he could score political points by blaming their liberal governors. Right.

I give him an A on everything, too. Also, his balls are silky, and there is no orange tint to them. When I am washing them, I am honored. I give them an A plus. And when I am finished and they lock me in the closet again, I am honored to be an integral part of the winning team.

I'm voting for Trump again, I think he's been an excellent president overall, but...

Trump is an economic illiterate when it comes to free trade and immigration, because he thinks in terms of jobs instead of prosperity.
How would you respond to those who say it is cognitive dissonance to think he is terrible at handling the economy, yet still support and vote for him? Do you think Biden is worse on the economy, or are there other issues you think are more important that you think he is handling well?

You'd think that even if he didn't bother to lift a finger during a pandemic to stop Americans from dying, then at least he'd do something to save precious jobs. But nope.

Better to downplay it until people stop dying. Someday.

How would you respond to those who say it is cognitive dissonance to think he is terrible at handling the economy, yet still support and vote for him?

He's not a central planner. The economy runs itself, it's not "handled" by the president. He's doing a few dumb things that will reduce economic growth, but it's not the end of the world.

it was both with me

i didn't choose Trump at first. i wanted Cruz..depressed when he didn't get it. But then i started liking Trump... began seeing that he was ... um... let's see.. How do i put it?

not antiChrist

yeh, that....

and today... I am far more enthused about him than back in '15! He has proven he is the man for the job. I truly believe God himself got Trump elected (through His people, of course)

He's not a central planner. The economy runs itself, it's not "handled" by the president. He's doing a few dumb things that will reduce economic growth, but it's not the end of the world.
Of course the president has to make policy decisions that will affect the economy directly or indirectly, but either he's responsible when it's up and down, or he's not responsible at all, in which case why take credit?

The Dems take credit when a R president does well w/ the economy, as we see how they credit obummer with the great economy we had b4 the virus hit even though obummer had been out of office for years

Now that the economy is not doing quite as well, "It's Trump's fault! It's Trump's fault!! OMG... Look what Trump does to the economy!!"

When obummer didn't hve such a great economy, it was Bush's fault...

They aren't called LieBarrels for nothing

i dont get it... aren't jobs tied to prosperity?

hmmmmm

Oh ... I, too, give him an A on everything you listed above ... plus on

ME peace
Iran offering to exchange all prisoners with US ... without asking for pallets of cash
NK shutting up
ISIS gone more or less after a few well-placed drones
US soldiers coming back home
UN receiving a few well-placed "up yours"
oooh, thanks for the reminders

yeh, ISIS gone... that's a big one

those *@& al-Bagdhadi or however the hell its spelled... GONE from the face of the earth. Frankly, i didn't think that would ever happen... (thought that while obummer was in wh anyhow)

then that Soleilmani dude is gone also

yay, Trump

14 more years

oops.... :)

FEB 26
“And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."
Donald Trump

i forgot another thing i give Trump an A for

giving a symbolic middle finger to the middle-finger-worthy lib media

Liars deserve it

Ah, yes, the idiocy of taking issue with corruption in government and trying to remove a president who openly and unlawfully withheld congressionally approved aid for a country struggling against what Trumpists called our "greatest geopolitical foe" in 2012, back before they were Trumpists, in order to try extort announcements of sham investigations into a possible 2020 democratic candidate.

Smart people know that corruption like that is awesome!

Oh, and we must not forget the idiocy of telling people that COVID is ****ing serious, so use preventative measures and don't get your parents killed. Smart people hate their parents and fellow Americans, and understand that the way to get those people killed is to turn mask wearing into a political wedge issue and piss on preventative measures designed to stop people from dying unnecessarily.

And the profane idiocy of objecting to a president's decision to kill mass testing plan because that president calculated a disease would kill a lot of liberals and he could score political points by blaming their liberal governors. Right.
fake news Kool aid drinking will get you every time

That's all Jim Jones is remembered for: fake religion and a lot of dead bodies, compliments of bad Kool aid

Trump is, after all, a traditional democrat.

EDIT: I guess it's his fault he got kicked out of his own party by the ideologues in his party.

The economy
China
Trade
Jobs
Opportunity zones
The Wall

Trying to think

Oh, another A for Trump

I'd like to see you justify your grade.
The economy is down, and jobs are down from when Trump took office.
China, oh let's see. Trade deficit is higher than ever. Mid west farmers are taking it in the ***. South China Seas is a hot bed of action. Taiwan has hostile flyovers. Hong Cong is being taken over. And there is no indication that China will stop stealing technology. None.
Jobs. Yep. We have lots less of those than we had when he took office. Of course some of those people were alive then.
HSBC's. Yes, funding was restored. Of course it was funding that was normally restored without issues until the trump Admin tried to screw with it. Lamar Alexander put his foot down and got it back on track.
Yes, if you are member of the Trump family, or a friend of, you can help identify an opportunity zone to build an upscale hotel or property and pad your pocket.
No jobs, none to any positive effect, have come back from overseas. Even the Carrier jobs trump touted as having being saved, are gone.
OOOhhh, pro-life. No he is not. If he was he would promote education and birth control, which has historically shown to reduce abortion. He just spouts whatever anti-choice message is being yelled in his ear today.
DJT is the biggest source of fake news in the entire world.
DJT has built, wait for it, wait some more, 5 miles of new wall in 4 years at the cost of over $100,000,000.00. This money was taken from legitimate, congressionally approved DOD contracts and sent to contractors who were approved by Trump to spend the money. Some conservatives may want to ask why the new fence cost so much to build, other conservatives might not want to know.

The economy
China
Trade
Jobs
Opportunity zones
The Wall

Trying to think

Oh, another A for Trump

I agree on your list as well as Barnacle’s additions, but,

He gets a D on his tweets, some good ones but The majority are not, some are Fs

He gets a D on personality, he is too divisive unnecessarily, Reagan knew how to rip dems while sounding friendly. The independents like thst, they don’t like trumps obnoxious tone, neither do I.

He gets a D on knowing details about issues and sounding well informed.

Back
Top Bottom