• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Conservatives, do you find the people in this video to be racist? Why or why not?

ProgressiveCON

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other

Are these people racist? Why or why not?

Can I borrow some of this bait you are throwing out to go fishing tomorrow?

Can I borrow some of this bait you are throwing out to go fishing tomorrow?

Why is it bait? I can make a fairly reasonable argument as to why those people politically aren't racist. The video itself is based on satire, but that doesn't necessarily make it bait.

1) Religion isn't a race

2) People can object to having another culture's building placed in their community because culturally it doesn't belong, and it doesn't need to trigger issues of race.

I'm interested in seeing if anyone supports arguments such as that.

Are these people racist? Why or why not?

The editing is so jarring at some points and the whole thing is just too cringe inducing.

I understand that it's satire, but the issues that many of the people had in that video, where valid issues none the less.

Why is it bait? I can make a fairly reasonable argument as to why those people politically aren't racist. The video itself is based on satire, but that doesn't necessarily make it bait.

1) Religion isn't a race

2) People can object to having another culture's building placed in their community because culturally it doesn't belong, and it doesn't need to trigger issues of race.

I'm interested in seeing if anyone supports arguments such as that.

Oh thats the Sasha Baron Cohen prank.

And I am not a conservative but even blind Freddy could see that some of the people in this video are making racist comments.

Sure there are some evil people who are muslim but there are also evil christians , jews, buddhists etc.

Lets target the bad people but not slam ALL people of that religion.

The editing is so jarring at some points and the whole thing is just too cringe inducing.

I understand that it's satire, but the issues that many of the people had in that video, where valid issues none the less.

What issues do you mean?

Change how? And what kind of violence are you talking about?

The same kind of change and violence that happens in the UK. You have groups that come in and instead of becoming a part of the community, or assimilating. They cloister up and create groups of people that cling relentlessly to their origins. Which isn't a completely bad idea, though in many cases for Muslims, it is that same clinging nature to their origins that worsens the issue.

The same kind of change and violence that happens in the UK. You have groups that come in and instead of becoming a part of the community, or assimilating. They cloister up and create groups of people that cling relentlessly to their origins. Which isn't a completely bad idea, though in many cases for Muslims, it is that same clinging nature to their origins that worsens the issue.

Are you saying Muslims by their nature are violent?

Are you saying Muslims by their nature are violent?

The problem here is not the people, but the ideology and while there are those that have progressed from the dark ages of the faith and moved to join the 20th century. There are those that intend to keep the old ways of the faith alive.

Back
Top Bottom