• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Conservative Talk Show Mouth Is Dying From COVID

Im curious, how many people who advocated masks and vaccines died or are dying? I imagine there are people today on oxygen machines because of joe biden spreading infected illegals ththru the country.
Imagine that! A supporting link or two, please!

I wish I could "like" this post a dozen times.

What I said was "My hope is that ALL people of good will in my community, irrespective of political affiliation, are going to pull together to beat this thing." I really can't look beyond my own community; it's how people behave here that will have an impact on me and my family.
Yes, I was just making the point that even in small communities that's been a struggle. I think a fair share of people have that wish for their local communities as well. It's also worth noting that it isn't just politics/ideology that's stalled vaccinations. It's been the focus in the forum, but the reasons some people aren't getting the vaccine are varied.

Yes, I was just making the point that even in small communities that's been a struggle. I think a fair share of people have that wish for their local communities as well. It's also worth noting that it isn't just politics/ideology that's stalled vaccinations. It's been the focus in the forum, but the reasons some people aren't getting the vaccine are varied.
Yes, they are. I don't know why others won't acknowledge that there are varied reasons, not all of them malignant or just plain selfish.

Yes, they are. I don't know why others won't acknowledge that there are varied reasons, not all of them malignant or just plain selfish.
I've been doing some outreach work with some of our other small business owners to get the word out. I've been focusing on talking to Spanish speakers since I'm fluent in Spanish, and I've gotten all sorts of reasons varying from misinformation about microchips, claiming they're healthy and don't need it, to just sheer laziness.

Thank you for the tip. I've tried one on and hate the elastic so much that I'm going to see to it that I don't have to use it very often. I am very, very grateful for the luxury of staying home...and online grocery shopping too.

What do you think about double-masking? (I really hate the N95s.)

I know of no RCTs that prove that double masking is more effective than a single good mask like a KN95. However it makes at least intuitive sense.

Oh, so you didn't vote for trump or many of the MAGA idiots spewing his nonsense in 2020? Please.

It's ALL I ever see you do here. Not once have I seen you condemn the horror of what any Republican has said or done - and there has been so much of it over the past 5 years.

See paragraph one above. If you support them and vote for them - you can say you don't belong, but that's what I'm referring to when I point out you gaslight.

It is VERY clear what motivates you based on all the evidence I've seen - especially over the past 5 years. I mean, it's not that hard.

If you support the death penalty for murderers and rapists - and I'm sure you do, to NOT the same "eye for an eye" mentality for a person through his own evil and greed, caused the suffering and death of thousands - then that would be hypocrisy.
The hypocrisy is comical, yet sad.

I am sorry, I do not buy it anymore.

This sort of honorable intention charade thing going from the right pretending you guys have not spend the past year or more questioning science, questioning the CDC or Fauci, questioning the numbers or outright lying about what they mean, engaging in conspiracy theory and/or false dilemma on masks or social distancing or the vaccine vs. “freedoms,” the list goes on.

The time for timidity is over, the consistent stream of messages and attacks from the right is endangering lives.

Why should we all of a sudden trust this moral high road bit?

In the end, the people at the apex of right wing POWER are only interested in one thing, and that's the chance to be able to point a finger in fifteen months and yell about "how Joe never ended the pandemic."

UPDATE!!!!

Not only do Republicans want the chance to be able to point a finger in fifteen months and yell about "how Joe never ended the pandemic", they've also now embraced the notion that
"Democrats PLANTED the Delta variant so that they could CHEAT in the 2022 elections!

Maria Bartiromo says the Delta variant is a 'convenient' plot for Dems to cheat in 2022 elections

There it is!!

1627840971684.png

Last edited:
I've been doing some outreach work with some of our other small business owners to get the word out. I've been focusing on talking to Spanish speakers since I'm fluent in Spanish, and I've gotten all sorts of reasons varying from misinformation about microchips, claiming they're healthy and don't need it, to just sheer laziness.

Keep up the good work. Please. I'm looking at my county's Covid dashboard, and here is the breakdown of those fully vaccinated:
Unknown-4.98%
Other 7.58%
Asian 8.12%
Black 6.8%
Hispanic 17.77%
White 54.75%

So yeah, to all you Republicans, sorry if I appear cynical but with the messaging you guys embrace, I'm sure that rational people can understand why your credibility with regard to compassion is in the toilet vis a vis COVID.
OAN and NewsMax openly push 24-7 conspiracy theories and anti-vax/anti-mask crap and Fox News says that everything re COVID is the fault of the Democrats.

Democrats fault Fox News.jpg

I don't believe a word anyone on the Right says about COVID as far as "compassion" goes unless they are fully vaccinated and they reject the messaging of their own party.

I support it, but that topic would be derailing.

As a Biblical matter, there is Jesus saying "he who is without sin" should throw the first stone for a death penalty offense. But there also is the opposing picking from the Bible of Jesus himself, Christ's death on the cross was a requirement for blood recompense, ie that by the death penalty the person pays blood recompense and in that sense is redeemed. The OT clearly supports it.

I support it for many reasons, including the only safe way to house them is solitary - and that is the worst form of all torture as we are extremely social creatures.

Anyway, not to derail the topic or anything.... lol
And you voted for more of this, as "pandemic response"? All of the concern trolling going on in this thread over "the vindictive left" is a direct result of a Roger Stone initiated, polarization psy-op, fluffing Trump at every opportunity.

Advisor to Trump administration HHS official[edit]​

"In late March 2020, Alexander was recruited by Michael Caputo, the newly appointed assistant secretary for public affairs at the United States Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), as his scientific advisor. The two had become friends when Caputo hosted a talk radio show on which Alexander often appeared to talk about scientific subjects. Caputo, who has no scientific background, said in an interview that President Donald Trump had told him to "bring expertise" to his new position and that "the first call I made after I got off the phone with the president" was to offer Alexander a job.[8]

Coronavirus pandemic and CDC reports[edit]​

Main article: Trump administration political interference with science agencies
Alexander and Caputo came under scrutiny for their months-long efforts to exert control over the public messaging of scientists and health officials regarding the coronavirus pandemic in the United States, in particular for efforts to influence the public messaging of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) so that it would be more compatible with Trump's public statements.[6][2][9] Alexander's efforts were focused on the CDC's widely read Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR), which Caputo and Alexander regarded as containing "political content"; Alexander tried unsuccessfully to get all issues of MMWR held up until personally approved by him.[10]

Emails written by Alexander and Caputo detailed an attempt to silence career CDC scientists and question their findings as part of what current and former CDC officials called a "campaign of bullying and intimidation" that stretched for five months.[11] After Dr. Anne Schuchat, the principal deputy director of the CDC, who worked at the agency for 32 years, gave an interview to the Journal of the American Medical Association in which she urged the use of face masks to prevent the spread of the virus,

Continued

Last edited:
You all had the opportunity, before last November 3, to consider that Trump had organized and ratified what has amounted to
mass murder, and then you voted for more MAGgot.

Kushner in April touted Trump 'getting the country back from the doctors...​

https://www.politico.com › news ›

Oct 28, 2020 — “Trump's now back in charge,” Kushner told Woodward. ...

Birx: Trump Responsible for Hundreds of Thousands Dead ...​

https://www.rollingstone.com ›

Mar 28, 2021 — “There were about 100,000 deaths that came from that original surge ... saved hundreds of thousands of lives lost to Covid-19 following the ...

Continued from my past post.:
"..Alexander emailed Caputo calling Schuchat "duplicitous" and claimed, "Her aim is to embarrass the president." On June 20, 2020, Alexander sent a message to CDC Director Robert R. Redfield, criticizing a CDC report about risks to pregnant women from COVID-19. Alexander said that the report, whose limitations the CDC had acknowledged, would "frighten women" and give the impression that "the President and his administration can't fix this and it is getting worse". He said that in his "opinion and sense" the CDC was "undermining the president by what they put out". A congressional committee has asked him to testify in September to give information about his interactions with CDC regarding COVID-19 deaths and infections, hydroxychloroquine as a treatment, and the impact the virus has on children. On August 8, 2020, Alexander wrote to Redfield that "CDC to me appears to be writing hit pieces on the administration"; he asked Redfield to change reports that had already been published and demanded that he be allowed to review and edit MMWR before publication.

In August and early September 2020, Alexander sent several messages to press officers at the National Institutes of Health attempting to direct Dr. Anthony Fauci's media comments. In an August 2020 email to HHS officials, Alexander claimed that Fauci was "scaring the nation wrongfully." Alexander demanded, among other things, that Fauci should refrain from promoting the wearing of masks by children in school and COVID-19 TESTING of children.[4] Fauci later said that he had not received the messages and would not have been influenced by them if he had. In emails in September 2020, Alexander celebrated two instances in which he said CDC officials had bowed to his pressure to water down information in CDC reports. Two days later, he asked Scott Atlas, then an advisor to the Trump White House, to assist him in disputing a CDC report on COVID-19 deaths; Atlas, Alexander, and others wrote a number of op-eds to counter warnings from federal scientists. Caputo and Alexander also strategized on how to underplay the virus and push for a rapid end to COVID-19-related restrictions on business. The emails were later obtained by the House Select Committee on Oversight .."

In a Facebook Live video posted on his personal website on September 14, 2020, Caputo promoted a variety of falsehoods and conspiracy theories. The Times reported that he accused the CDC of harboring a "resistance unit" determined to undermine Trump; accused the CDC scientists of "sedition" and "rotten science"; and called upon Trump supporters to prepare for an insurrection. In the same video, Caputo called Alexander a "genius" and defended his actions. Two days later, HHS announced that Caputo would take a 60-day medical leave of absence from HHS, and that Alexander would permanently leave the department...

In an interview with the Toronto Globe and Mail after his departure from HHS, Alexander defended his actions, stating that he had wanted the CDC to make their reports "more upbeat.." and that he "did not think agencies should contradict any president's policy". Alexander also asserted that he was better suited than CDC scientists to assess data, saying: "None of those people have my skills. I make the judgment whether this is crap."

Last edited:
Maybe. I doubt that minds will be changed, but i hope that he doesn't die.
I don't hope that any of the vax/mask deniers die if they get the disease. But, I do hope they don't make a full recovery and have to live the rest of their lives with a daily reminder of how stupid they were. I had these same hopes/not hopes for Trump. Didn't wish death on him but hoped that he would be a long-hauler for the rest of his miserable life. Unfortunately, this hope didn't materialize. But, then, it may have as he lies about everything so why wouldn't he lie about his recovery?

I don't hope that any of the vax/mask deniers die if they get the disease. But, I do hope they don't make a full recovery and have to live the rest of their lives with a daily reminder of how stupid they were. I had these same hopes/not hopes for Trump. Didn't wish death on him but hoped that he would be a long-hauler for the rest of his miserable life. Unfortunately, this hope didn't materialize. But, then, it may have as he lies about everything so why wouldn't he lie about his recovery?
I don't want revenge. I want this shit to be over. I'm approaching supporting making it next to impossible to not get vaccinated.

I don't even mind when there's genuine instances of "the right viewing the Left as people with bad ideas".
The problem is, it never stops there these days.
The right views the Left as "Satanic baby eating America-hating communists who must be vanquished as we take matters into our own hands."
Speaking of 'fringy', Marjorie Taylor Greene? Yeah, that'd be it.
When my conservative friends grimace at lefty failures like "Defund the Police" and look over at me, they see me grimacing too.
"What on earth were you thinking?", they ask....
I wasn't, and I show them the numbers, eighteen percent...that's how many people on the left actually support that idea, and if the rubber hits the road, where there really IS NO POLICE, I guarantee you that eighteen percent number would shrink to five percent in a hot second.
I'm glad we are of the same position as to how bad an idea defunding the police is.
But I'm GLAD my connie friends call me out on that. I want them to know that it's a fringey piece of nonsense. I want them to know that I think whoever dreamt up that slogan should never be allowed in liberal politics again, and their batteries should be taken out of their Radio Shack bullhorn.
Before the dems realized how bad an idea it was, it was supported by many supported , it would appear, so, no, not a 'fringy piece of nonsense'

Then the polling results came in, and they've reversed themselves, and are trying to walk it back. All that doesn't delete their former position on that topic.
Contrast that with the furious bark-stripping and jacket-hanging on the Right.
They desperately NEED Democrats to be seen as the defund the police commie baby eaters.
I'll let the video above address this, but never really been a fan of the exaggerated hyperbole of dems being 'commie baby eaters' (did you just make that up?)
Of course, all except @eohrnberger, who stands with his hands clasped, clucking disapproval....oh why oh why can't we just be reasonable!!
MALARKEY.
:rolleyes:

Reminding readers that most of those posting in objection to sentiments like the ones expressed above voted for continued Trump dismantling of medical scientific review and realtime communication of statistics from direct sources and pre-Trump sabotaged CDC aggregating and presentation of those statistics are perfectly willing, literally staking their lives and the lives of our children on it, to replace Dr. Fauci and his colleagues with, a continuing onslaught of bullshit, even as Delta spiking overtakes their narrative!

1627846081176.pngWPTV
Gov. Ron DeSantis rejects mandates, 'Faucian dystopia' amid COVID-19 surge
2 days ago

DeSantis and other GOP 2024 prospects target public health officials with political attacks
1 day ago

DeSantis mocks CDC, Fauci, raises money at conservative ...

https://www.tallahassee.com › news › politics › 2021/07/29
3 days ago — DeSantis flew to Utah to draw a line in the sand against a "Faucian dystopia" at a gathering of hundreds of conservative lawmakers.

And "Dr." DeSantis is someone they want to see on Trump party 2024 national ticket....

...just as they were fine voting for Trump a second time after he demonstrated he would replace ACA health coverage of 20 million plus American residents with...

Lies...

Back to the Future: Trump's History of Promising a Health Plan ...

https://khn.org › news › back-to-the-future-trumps-hist...
Aug 13, 2020 — Pushing the timeline once again, Trump said during a press briefing that the health ...

Attachments

• 1627846081217.png
    1627846081217.png
    452 bytes · Views: 4
  • 1627846081197.jpeg
    1627846081197.jpeg
    2.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

---Okay so you admit folks like MTG are whackos but it would appear you are in the minority because she IS being given plum committees.
You also can't grasp that both parties have a fringe, because you immediately try to brand our own extremists as mainstream in your failed YouTube thesis below.

I'm glad we are of the same position as to how bad an idea defunding the police is.

Before the dems realized how bad an idea it was, it was supported by many supported , it would appear, so, no, not a 'fringy piece of nonsense'

Then the polling results came in, and they've reversed themselves, and are trying to walk it back. All that doesn't delete their former position on that topic.

---Incorrect and I urge you to go back over the threads that were happening back when it first hit the airwaves. There WAS NO "former position", there were
people who ran their mouth before thinking, and the majority of Democrats AND others on the left hated the slogan immediately.
The only "walking back" that happened came from the fringe who first pimped it out.
Oh and, by the way, no amount of Sony Vegas Pro "VHS special effects"
B6om.gif

makes your YouTube clip any more credible especially when most of the guests are talking about REIMAGINING, not DEFUNDING.

I'll let the video above address this, but never really been a fan of the exaggerated hyperbole of dems being 'commie baby eaters' (did you just make that up?)

And now you're pretending you never heard Qanon (now retooling themselves by the way) make mention of Democrats eating babies.
Yeah, and you promoting that video is exactly the kind of jacket-hanging I described.
Retooling police, reforming police, reimagining public safety, rebooting police and figuring out better use of SOME funding is NOT "defunding" but as we see, you just proved my point.
To you, it doesn't matter, because to you, it's all the same as bottles of beer.
Throwing in Biden uttering the word "YES"....yes to what?
You desperately NEED "all Democrats to support defunding the police".
Maybe O'Keefe has an even more ridiculous video.

-snip-

So, you'll do the pontificating around here, babalooey?

You deliberately dumb yourself down to catapult extreme right wing propaganda!

What you and your ilk have twisted and demonized in your Trumpian, authoritarian stupor is not going away because it is facts driven!

NPR- Removing Cops From Behavioral Crisis Calls: 'We Need ...

https://www.npr.org ›
Oct 19, 2020 — Police are "responding to nonviolent, noncriminal calls for service for ... Removing police from most nonviolent psychiatric and behavioral ...

Versus your "arbeit macht frei" approach..."the beatings will continue until the moral improves!"

Trump Reverses Restrictions on Military Hardware for Police ...

https://www.nytimes.com ›
Aug 28, 2017 — The Pentagon said 126 tracked armored vehicles, 138 grenade launchers .. had been returned since Mr. Obama prohibited their ...

Trump Makes It Easier for Police to Get Military Equipment

https://www.nbcnews.com ›
Nov 13, 2017 — Defense Dept data reviewed by NBC News shows that the agency's "1033 program," the main supplier of military surplus equipment, has ...

The Pentagon's Hand-Me-Downs Helped Militarize Police ...

https://www.wired.com ›
Jun 2, 2020 — . ... was before President Donald Trump deployed an actual military police battalion ...

Perils for Pentagon as Trump threatens to militarize response ...

https://www.reuters.com ›
Jun 2, 2020 — To that end, the U.S. military has pre-positioned active duty forces, largely military police and engineers, on the outskirts of the Washington, ...

Pentagon Troubled By Overly Militarized Federal Agents in ...

https://www.usnews.com ›
Jul 21, 2020 — Secty of Def Mark Esper has raised concerns within the administration about President Donald Trump's decision to deploy forces who ...

Senior Pentagon officials are concerned about the militarized ...

https://www.cnn.com ›
Jun 23, 2020 — ..seriously concerned about the militarized appearance of police and ...

Hidden in Bill Passed Over Trump's Veto: Limits on Police ...

https://www.themarshallproject.org ›
Jan 8, 2021 — But local cops can still receive Pentagon equipment, ... its first override of a Trump veto is a new restriction on police militarization.

Last edited:
People with no integrity should change the conversation from people not being vaccinated and hurting our country to illegals and abortion and guns.

Really emotional topics that will take people's minds off the unvaccinated hurting our country and causing more death.

People with no integrity should change the conversation from people not being vaccinated and hurting our country to illegals and abortion and guns.

Really emotional topics that will take people's minds off the unvaccinated hurting our country and causing more death.
And, of course, sheeple's minds off what incentivizes the financing of "the politics of polarization",,, protecting the wealthiest RWE political donors from tax exposure and enforcement!

Sen. Capito from impoverished WV could not abide by the threat to her wealthiest donors of increased tax compliance...
because they are her only constituents who she is actually responsive to "the needs" of!

IRS Funding Surge Punted From Bipartisan Infrastructure ...

https://www.govexec.com › workforce › 2021/07 › irs-...
Jul 19, 2021 — Democrats still plan to fund major hiring boost for the tax agency in another measure.

U.S. infrastructure deal teeters after Republicans reject IRS ...

https://www.reuters.com › world › us-infrastructure-deal-t...
Jul 20, 2021 — U.S. infrastructure deal teeters after Republicans reject IRS funding ... spending financed in part by increased enforcement of tax laws.

Remember the demonization "op" of Lois Lerner at the IRS?

Their argument was not true: a more comprehensive 2017 audit of the IRS’s treatment of potential political groups found that left-leaning groups had also been flagged for closer scrutiny.19 The new audit found that instead of ideologically targeting certain groups, the IRS under both Republican and Democratic administrations had looked into groups across the political However, the damage had been done. The IRS was cowed from regulating or even investigating a small, powerful cadre of savvy political operatives who formed and funded a flotilla of nonprofit front groups, through which anonymous money flows into elections, in contravention of a clear statute and the IRS’s own rules. Enforcement has become so weak that abuses have become open and notorious.20 spectrum to enforce the rule against “direct or indirect participation or intervention in political campaigns.”

Last edited:
The guy will probably live through it like Trump, only to feel like superman and tell people to still not vaccinate.

It's sick to watch how wrong he was.

It's not sick because someone hopes this guy will stop spreading anti vax b.s. during a pandemic. We have a vaccine that would save hundreds of lives now. Why take that hope away from the public.
All indications is that he has stated to his brother he was wrong, and encouraged people to get vaccinated.

---Okay so you admit folks like MTG are whackos but it would appear you are in the minority because she IS being given plum committees.
In which reality is this?
You also can't grasp that both parties have a fringe, because you immediately try to brand our own extremists as mainstream in your failed YouTube thesis below.
Yeah, when Harris and Biden both supported defunding or it's euphemistic equivalent 'reallocating' funding, so that'd be a false then.
---Incorrect and I urge you to go back over the threads that were happening back when it first hit the airwaves. There WAS NO "former position", there were
people who ran their mouth before thinking, and the majority of Democrats AND others on the left hated the slogan immediately.
The only "walking back" that happened came from the fringe who first pimped it out.
Oh and, by the way, no amount of Sony Vegas Pro "VHS special effects"
B6om.gif

makes your YouTube clip any more credible especially when most of the guests are talking about REIMAGINING, not DEFUNDING.
You just have to ask yourself, did those people make those public statements or not, as evidence by the video.
You seem to not accept that they did, and if that's the case we are done here (don't believe your lying eyes and ears yet again?)
And now you're pretending you never heard Qanon (now retooling themselves by the way) make mention of Democrats eating babies.
Yeah, and you promoting that video is exactly the kind of jacket-hanging I described.
Retooling police, reforming police, reimagining public safety, rebooting police and figuring out better use of SOME funding is NOT "defunding" but as we see, you just proved my point.
To you, it doesn't matter, because to you, it's all the same as bottles of beer.
Throwing in Biden uttering the word "YES"....yes to what?
You desperately NEED "all Democrats to support defunding the police".
Is this what I'm asserting? Or am I asserting that those democrats made those public statements? I think it's the latter.
Maybe O'Keefe has an even more ridiculous video.
Yet more 'don't believe your lying eyes and ears'.
Yeah, I think we are done here.

NPR- Removing Cops From Behavioral Crisis Calls: 'We Need ...

https://www.npr.org ›
Oct 19, 2020 — Police are "responding to nonviolent, noncriminal calls for service for ... Removing police from most nonviolent psychiatric and behavioral ...
-snip-
Yeah, when Harris and Biden both supported defunding or it's euphemistic equivalent 'reallocating' funding, so that'd be a false then.

You just have to ask yourself, did those people make those public statements or not, as evidence by the video.
You seem to not accept that they did, and if that's the case we are done here (don't believe your lying eyes and ears yet again?)
-snip-
Please justify why you posted what I quoted from you, above, and for that matter, what you believe you positively contribute to society?

IOW, do you think your post, coming after the facts presented in mine, was malevolent, or innocently incoherent.

You're the administrator of city services... the sanitation dept. and fire dept. keep getting dispatched in response to calls of
domestic disputes and single individual potential suicides....Fire Dept. has a policy of fire axing down front doors first, and asking questions later, because there might just be a unseen fire about to flare up, hmmm what do you do from the standpoint of resource management and cost controls... especially faced with increasing numbers of lawsuits demanding replacements for the damaged doors and court costs...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom