• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Conservative Talk Show Mouth Is Dying From COVID

Im curious, how many people who advocated masks and vaccines died or are dying? I imagine there are people today on oxygen machines because of joe biden spreading infected illegals ththru the country.
You sound just like the old men on this board who have been wrong about COVID since day 1.

Exactly like them.

Im curious, how many people who advocated masks and vaccines died or are dying? I imagine there are people today on oxygen machines because of joe biden spreading infected illegals ththru the country.

Unvaccinated are 95%+ of hospitalized and practically 100% of the dead in the recent upswing.

what a sick thread

The guy will probably live through it like Trump, only to feel like superman and tell people to still not vaccinate.

It's sick to watch how wrong he was.

It's not sick because someone hopes this guy will stop spreading anti vax b.s. during a pandemic. We have a vaccine that would save hundreds of lives now. Why take that hope away from the public.

This has nothing to do with being either conservative or progressive or not interested in politics at all; it’s about a being a decent human being. I don’t “jump at the chance to condemn a liberal,” I don’t belong to a political party, I don’t project or gaslight, and I don’t need a defense mechanism to defend a “fascist death cult of personality” to which, even it isn’t imaginary, I don’t belong.
Nor do I “from a combination of shame and ‘buyers [sic] remorse,” and I laughed when I read your “it's pretty clear to see what motivates you.” You “clearly” know nothing about what motivates me.

And if you are “loving” someone suffering or regard dying slowly as a “small gift” to yourself, if your “Give-A-Damn” has lost its get-up-and-go or if you magnanimously hope only that someone suffers a permanent disability, then I feel great pity for you and your conditional “compassion.”
Yeah well, this smells an awful lot like another Lee Atwater moment.​
[Atwater] was telling this story about how a Living Bible was what was giving him faith and I said to Mary [Matalin], "I really, sincerely hope that he found peace". She said, "Ed, when we were cleaning up his things afterwards, the Bible was still wrapped in the cellophane and had never been taken out of the package", which just told you everything there was. He was spinning right to the end.

Last edited:
How many deaths do you think his propaganda caused??.
The guy is living/dying following his beliefs...
Probably none. Everyone makes their own choice what they believe or do not believe...get a vaccine or not get one. I also doubt that Dopey Joe's and Giggle Box Harris's anti-vax comments leading up to the 2020 election convinced anyone not to get vaccinated.

i hope the guy recovers and goes on a national campaign to get all Trump Republicans vaccinated. and fast.

that would be perfect.

If Phil Valentine can somehow manage to do something big enough to help us get Republicans vaccinated en masse, to the point where we are approaching 80 or 85%, I'd forgive him wholeheartedly.
The guy who is filling in for him is apparently trying to outdo his old anti-vaxx schtick, although that may be a management move.

I think we are seeing the saying of "The right views the left as people with bad ideas, where the left views the right as bad people" being exhibited.

I don't even mind when there's genuine instances of "the right viewing the Left as people with bad ideas".
The problem is, it never stops there these days.
The right views the Left as "Satanic baby eating America-hating communists who must be vanquished as we take matters into our own hands."

When my conservative friends grimace at lefty failures like "Defund the Police" and look over at me, they see me grimacing too.
"What on earth were you thinking?", they ask....
I wasn't, and I show them the numbers, eighteen percent...that's how many people on the left actually support that idea, and if the rubber hits the road, where there really IS NO POLICE, I guarantee you that eighteen percent number would shrink to five percent in a hot second.
But I'm GLAD my connie friends call me out on that. I want them to know that it's a fringey piece of nonsense. I want them to know that I think whoever dreamt up that slogan should never be allowed in liberal politics again, and their batteries should be taken out of their Radio Shack bullhorn.

Contrast that with the furious bark-stripping and jacket-hanging on the Right.
They desperately NEED Democrats to be seen as the defund the police commie baby eaters.

Of course, all except @eohrnberger, who stands with his hands clasped, clucking disapproval....oh why oh why can't we just be reasonable!!
MALARKEY.

what a sick thread
What's sick are the folks who refuse to get vaccinated. Do you think they give a crap if they spread it around? I don't. I have to wonder how many folks won't show symptoms but are infected and giving it to anyone who comes close to them for more than a few minutes. My body my choice but unlike an abortion that gets rid of a fetus, walking covid people could be responsible for killing actual living breathing people.

It's just being honest.

Watching the people actively spreading propaganda sabotaging the vaccination effort die slowly is a small gift after a year of watching them shamelessly spread their filth.

The man makes his money by spreading lies and hate and has actively made things worse in this pandemic.

I like a lot of other people am a bit low on sympathy.
You're low on it and I have zero left. It amazes me how the right can say whatever they wish, lie out of both sides of their mouth and yet when one of the propaganda folks on the right catches covid we are supposed to say oh we feel so badly for them. I don't. I don't wish death on them but it wouldn't bother me one little bit if they came close. I've seen people in the hospital with covid saying if they recover, they still won't get the vaccine. Why do we waste money and hospital space on folks like that? They might as well be saying I have no problem spreading covid to my family and friends and coworkers.

Do you enjoy their dying slowly and regard this as a little gift to you?
How many people do you suppose those who spread disinformation and misinformation about covid are responsible for killing because other idiots listened to them and you think we should have civility towards them and empathy for their suffering. They get zero from me, you can give them all you wish. I'm sick of hearing how we on the left shouldn't say this or that while the right spits out death songs.

What's sick are the folks who refuse to get vaccinated. Do you think they give a crap if they spread it around? I don't. I have to wonder how many folks won't show symptoms but are infected and giving it to anyone who comes close to them for more than a few minutes. My body my choice but unlike an abortion that gets rid of a fetus, walking covid people could be responsible for killing actual living breathing people.

Walking unvaxxed COVID spreaders who knowingly and uncaringly walk around infecting others can be viewed as amateur abortionists handing out retroactive abortions to fetuses that have been viable for thousands of months. And thanks to these same unvaxxed masses acting like a gigantic community petri dish, even fully vaccinated people will now have to worry that they too might be spreading it as well.

In the end, the people at the apex of right wing POWER are only interested in one thing, and that's the chance to be able to point a finger in fifteen months and yell about "how Joe never ended the pandemic."
That is it in a nutshell.

In fact, that is almost PRECISELY what Jared Kushner fantasized about at the outset of the pandemic.
And it was all happening right as Trump was confessing to Bob Woodward that he knew exactly how bad the virus was, WHILE LYING to the American people.

Last edited:
Whoa! That's a stunning admission to make! You'd better be careful, the GOP might excommunicate you for not being cruel and uncaring. Kevin McCarthy might call you a "Pelosi Republican" now!
Is your problem that you don't read well, don't recall what you've read, or that you choose to prevaricate? One more time: I am not a Republican. I don't belong to a political party and never have.

His wife should be videoing him at his worst.

I know that would be really hard but it could benefit her husband and/America.

If he survives he can show people what it's like and scream to get vaccinated. If he passes his wife can scream to get vaccinated and save other American families from what she had to endure. The video would convince some of the unvaccinated.

How many people do you suppose those who spread disinformation and misinformation about covid are responsible for killing because other idiots listened to them and you think we should have civility towards them and empathy for their suffering. They get zero from me, you can give them all you wish. I'm sick of hearing how we on the left shouldn't say this or that while the right spits out death songs.
I'm very sorry that you're so polarized that you see this as "left" vs "right." I mean that.

Walking unvaxxed COVID spreaders who knowingly and uncaringly walk around infecting others can be viewed as amateur abortionists handing out retroactive abortions to fetuses that have been viable for thousands of months. And thanks to these same unvaxxed masses acting like a gigantic community petri dish, even fully vaccinated people will now have to worry that they too might be spreading it as well.

In the end, the people at the apex of right wing POWER are only interested in one thing, and that's the chance to be able to point a finger in fifteen months and yell about "how Joe never ended the pandemic."
That is it in a nutshell.
I'm back to wearing a mask and in the past ten days have had two covid tests. The first was negative and I'm waiting on the results of the second.
I'm very sorry that you're so polarized that you see this as "left" vs "right." I mean that.
Me too, unfortunately the right turned a health issue into a political issue. Take my governor in florida, I think he's leading a death march with his insistence on doing nothing and taking no precautions against this current outbreak. Hell he's even threatening to take away funding from any school that imposes a mask mandate for its students. Now tell me nota, how does that help?

Is your problem that you don't read well, don't recall what you've read, or that you choose to prevaricate? One more time: I am not a Republican. I don't belong to a political party and never have.
If all you do is vote for and give Republicans a pass and attack Democrats then you are a Republican.

(I aced logic 101 in school)

If all you do is vote for and give Republicans a pass and attack Democrats then you are a Republican.

(I aced logic 101 in school)
Then you know that what you've written is an antecedent/consequent. It fails on the "if."

And my bet is that you'll have to look that up. ;)

I'm back to wearing a mask and in the past ten days have had two covid tests. The first was negative and I'm waiting on the results of the second.

Me too, unfortunately the right turned a health issue into a political issue. Take my governor in florida, I think he's leading a death march with his insistence on doing nothing and taking no precautions against this current outbreak. Hell he's even threatening to take away funding from any school that imposes a mask mandate for its students. Now tell me nota, how does that help?
I too am back to wearing a mask and, in fact, ordered N95s from Amazon a week ago that have already been delivered. I am also back to self-isolating. The pandemic is not political for me; it's a matter of life-and-death, and from its beginning, I have made my own decisions. I don't care what any politician or fed agency has to say, and I don't need to be told what to do. I am grateful that I don't have school-aged children because, depending on whatever local winds are blowing, I would be either be cooperative or defiant.

My hope is that ALL people of good will in my community, irrespective of political affiliation, are going to pull together to beat this thing. My area has the highest number of hospitalizations in all of my very large state, and once the numbers began to climb again, I didn't need anybody to tell me or mine what to do. As I've said, it's a matter of life or death for me and another member of my household rather than a matter of theory or "what if."

Oh, so they should decide who is deserving their help. Reminds me of the "hang 'em high" at the mere say so of an accuser.
Who cares, really. It is just a life, right?
Next time a druggie comes in, just look the other way....
I don't believe the poster made any such claims about "deserving" or otherwise. Have you any idea how much obesity costs you, each year, despite medics trying to beat it into people's heads that overeating can kill you? Does $150 billion a year sound about right? It got to the point in England that surgeons refused to operate on the obese until they lost weight.

I too am back to wearing a mask and, in fact, ordered N95s from Amazon a week ago that have already been delivered. I am also back to self-isolating. The pandemic is not political for me; it's a matter of life-and-death, and from its beginning, I have made my own decisions. I don't care what any politician or fed agency has to say, and I don't need to be told what to do. I am grateful that I don't have school-aged children because, depending on whatever local winds are blowing, I would be either be cooperative or defiant.

My hope is that ALL people of good will in my community, irrespective of political affiliation, are going to pull together to beat this thing. My area has the highest number of hospitalizations in all of my very large state, and once the numbers began to climb again, I didn't need anybody to tell me or mine what to do. As I've said, it's a matter of life or death for me and another member of my household rather than a matter of theory or "what if."

To be sure an N95 is working properly you need to get it fit tested. I got mine fit tested through my local health department.
It takes 10-15m usually

To be sure an N95 is working properly you need to get it fit tested. I got mine fit tested through my local health department.
Thank you for the tip. I've tried one on and hate the elastic so much that I'm going to see to it that I don't have to use it very often. I am very, very grateful for the luxury of staying home...and online grocery shopping too.

What do you think about double-masking? (I really hate the N95s.)

I too am back to wearing a mask and, in fact, ordered N95s from Amazon a week ago that have already been delivered. I am also back to self-isolating.
I haven't broken the pandemic protocols even after I was vaccinated. I've been following this all pretty closely, and the rise of the Delta variant in India along with the resulting chaos there made it clear it would spread eventually and end up here. I saw this coming back in late January when cases of COVID 19 were reported in China.

The pandemic is not political for me; it's a matter of life-and-death, and from its beginning, I have made my own decisions. I don't care what any politician or fed agency has to say, and I don't need to be told what to do. I am grateful that I don't have school-aged children because, depending on whatever local winds are blowing, I would be either be cooperative or defiant.
Same here. I find this all quite fascinating in that we've taken a health issue and made it into a political and ideological mess. In fairness, there are definitely arguments to be made about the impacts of medical recommendations and their practicality, but my starting point is the well being of people and sorting out the rest. I also don't think of it as being told what to do, but rather having a reliable source of information to make decisions.

One of the talking points in this forum has been about people needing the government to instruct them on what to do, but there's a practicality to that as well because without guidance, you end up with mixed actions to prevent a disease from spreading. Any disease has a pretty straightforward directive, and the response should be equally straightforward.

My daughter started HS last September, and the one thing I repeated was to never forget one of humanity's greatest strengths is adaptability. This was a less than ideal way to start out in a new school, but my wife and I worked with her to find new ways to connect with people and not feel isolated.

I'd like to think that's a possibility, but I get a sense that ship has sailed. I thought the pandemic might be the crisis which unites the nation in common cause, but clearly it's served as yet another wedge.

Last edited:
They have no worries about ending up on oxygen like this clown.

I cannot feel happy about his condition, but neither can I feel sad. Smoke cigarettes, get cancer. Overeat, get diabetes. Refuse to take a free vaccine, get a serious case of COVID. Choices, choices.
Not getting the vaccine is even worse. Your choice can kill others.

I haven't broken the pandemic protocols even after I was vaccinated. I've been following this all pretty closely, and the rise of the Delta variant in India along with the resulting chaos there made it clear it would spread eventually and end up here. I saw this coming back in late January when cases of COVID 19 were reported in China.

Same here. I find this all quite fascinating in that we've taken a health issue and made it into a political and ideological mess. In fairness, there are definitely arguments to be made about the impacts of medical recommendations and their practicality, but my starting point is the well being of people and sorting out the rest. I also don't think of it as being told what to do, but rather having a reliable source of information to make decisions.

One of the talking points in this forum has been about people needing the government to instruct them on what to do, but there's a practicality to that as well because without guidance, you end up with mixed actions to prevent a disease from spreading. Any disease has a pretty straightforward directive, and the response should be equally straightforward.

My daughter started HS last September, and the one thing I repeated was to never forget one of humanity's greatest strengths is adaptability. This was a far than ideal way to start out in a new school, but my wife and I worked with her to find new ways to connect with people and not feel isolated.

I'd like to think that's a possibility, but I get a sense that ship has sailed. I thought the pandemic might be the crisis which unites the nation in common cause, but clearly it's served as yet another wedge.
I wish I could "like" this post a dozen times.

What I said was "My hope is that ALL people of good will in my community, irrespective of political affiliation, are going to pull together to beat this thing." I really can't look beyond my own community; it's how people behave here that will have an impact on me and my family.

Back
Top Bottom