• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Conservative Talk Show Mouth Is Dying From COVID

Opinion: I’m tired of being nice to vaccine refusers

Opinion by
Paul Waldman

Imagine how the United States must look to someone in South Africa, where 3.9 percent of the population has been fully vaccinated against the coronavirus, or India, where the number is 6.9 percent. People in those nations and a hundred others are desperate to be vaccinated, while here in the world’s richest country we have more vaccine doses than we know what to do with, and we’re terribly worried about not hurting the delicate feelings of those who insist on putting everyone else at risk.
[...]
But then there are the active refusers, the ones imbibing Fox News propaganda and Facebook conspiracy theories, the ones who think not getting vaccinated for a disease that has already killed well over 600,000 Americans makes them independent and strong.

It won’t work to lecture or insult them. There may be nothing that can change their minds. But don’t tell us that there’s something wrong with being angry at them. We should do everything we can to stop them from putting others at risk.

Opinion: I’m tired of being nice to vaccine refusers

Opinion by
Paul Waldman

Imagine how the United States must look to someone in South Africa, where 3.9 percent of the population has been fully vaccinated against the coronavirus, or India, where the number is 6.9 percent. People in those nations and a hundred others are desperate to be vaccinated, while here in the world’s richest country we have more vaccine doses than we know what to do with, and we’re terribly worried about not hurting the delicate feelings of those who insist on putting everyone else at risk.
[...]
But then there are the active refusers, the ones imbibing Fox News propaganda and Facebook conspiracy theories, the ones who think not getting vaccinated for a disease that has already killed well over 600,000 Americans makes them independent and strong.

It won’t work to lecture or insult them. There may be nothing that can change their minds. But don’t tell us that there’s something wrong with being angry at them. We should do everything we can to stop them from putting others at risk.

Barb wire camps works for me

Not sure if this picture will come through. Its a picture I believe of his family with either young kids or grandkids. I found it when I googled him-is that him?

If you have been reading my posts here you would know that I really don’t give a rats ass what happens to covidiots. That’s different than wishing death upon someone. Its the effect that a death has on the family that bothers me. Better imo that these covidiots suffer for the rest of their lives.
Not telling you how you should feel. Trust me: no one dislikes these selfish jerks more than me.
Is it harder for those young kids to watch grandpa suffer for the rest of his life, and possibly have to care for him or would it be a relief to have closure so that they can remember him as he was:

An asshole?

I cannot feel happy about his condition, but neither can I feel sad. Smoke cigarettes, get cancer. Overeat, get diabetes. Refuse to take a free vaccine, get a serious case of COVID. Choices, choices.
freedumb kills!! :LOL:

Do you enjoy their dying slowly and regard this as a little gift to you?
I miss this commentary when the deniers shrug off the deaths of the old, overweight, and sickly. Where were those posters- hand wringing over comments about someone who deliberately and for profit ignored science, doctors and the constant drum beat of the infected- as thousands of others succumbed??? Many of the deniers were posting it wasn't deadly and only the 3 categories need worry the rest can pretend nothing can be done and the vaccine isn't effective???? :unsure:

I get a semi-popular voice of the rabid right is in a tough jam and his fellow travelers want us to pretend to be sad. It is difficult to work up a tear anymore than feel bad for the fool who jumped into the tiger exhibit wearing a pork chop.... ✌️

As for the rabid right mouth- stupid is as stupid does. I feel bad for any family he has but he doesn't deserve much, if any sympathy... ✌️

I'm not ashamed either. Notice how @nota bene jumps at the chance to call anything a non-conservative says as "appalling schadenfreude" but she's 100% silent about the white supremacist, anti-science propaganda her chosen party spews? Such hypocrisy and projection. She and her fellow cons are becoming experts and both projection and gas-lighting. They're the only defense mechanisms they have now, since there is no way to defend anything their fascist death cult of personality does anymore.
This has nothing to do with being either conservative or progressive or not interested in politics at all; it’s about a being a decent human being. I don’t “jump at the chance to condemn a liberal,” I don’t belong to a political party, I don’t project or gaslight, and I don’t need a defense mechanism to defend a “fascist death cult of personality” to which, even it isn’t imaginary, I don’t belong.
Nor do I “from a combination of shame and ‘buyers [sic] remorse,” and I laughed when I read your “it's pretty clear to see what motivates you.” You “clearly” know nothing about what motivates me.

And if you are “loving” someone suffering or regard dying slowly as a “small gift” to yourself, if your “Give-A-Damn” has lost its get-up-and-go or if you magnanimously hope only that someone suffers a permanent disability, then I feel great pity for you and your conditional “compassion.”

So is that the new standard? If you think a person actively and knowingly spreads lies and misinformatio then it's Okay to wish death on them. No I don't think so!
when what they say kill people, why yes, yes it is.

one less vote for trump
Putting it in terms of voting may actually get these Korrupted Kamikaze Kovidiots to get the vax. It’s similar to how I dealt with incorrigible teenagers as a teacher.

Some sicko is happy that someone they disagree with is severely ill and may die.
Actually they said: "God, how I love this along with 27,000 new cases in one day in Florida Maybe Trump will save them."
Something so depraved about this thread.
Hope he finds a heart before he dies.

one less vote for trump

I thought I was harsh when I was posting that I wouldn’t lift a finger to help the covidiots, including not wearing a mask to protect these fools if I have a choice.
You guys are a cut above!

I think we are seeing the saying of "The right views the left as people with bad ideas, where the left views the right as bad people" being exhibited.

I think we are seeing the saying of "The right views the left as people with bad ideas, where the left views the right as bad people" being exhibited.
we see that everyday from both sides

This has nothing to do with being either conservative or progressive or not interested in politics at all; it’s about a being a decent human being.
Oh, so you didn't vote for trump or many of the MAGA idiots spewing his nonsense in 2020? Please.
I don’t “jump at the chance to condemn a liberal,”
It's ALL I ever see you do here. Not once have I seen you condemn the horror of what any Republican has said or done - and there has been so much of it over the past 5 years.
I don’t belong to a political party, I don’t project or gaslight, and I don’t need a defense mechanism to defend a “fascist death cult of personality” to which, even it isn’t imaginary, I don’t belong.
See paragraph one above. If you support them and vote for them - you can say you don't belong, but that's what I'm referring to when I point out you gaslight.
Nor do I “from a combination of shame and ‘buyers [sic] remorse,” and I laughed when I read your “it's pretty clear to see what motivates you.” You “clearly” know nothing about what motivates me.
It is VERY clear what motivates you based on all the evidence I've seen - especially over the past 5 years. I mean, it's not that hard.
And if you are “loving” someone suffering or regard dying slowly as a “small gift” to yourself, if your “Give-A-Damn” has lost its get-up-and-go or if you magnanimously hope only that someone suffers a permanent disability, then I feel great pity for you and your conditional “compassion.”
If you support the death penalty for murderers and rapists - and I'm sure you do, to NOT the same "eye for an eye" mentality for a person through his own evil and greed, caused the suffering and death of thousands - then that would be hypocrisy.

The problem is, we lack a personal touch.

I say we cancel the Olympics, and instead, played a series of 30 second clips about every us citizen who has died of cirona...non stop, 24/7. After about a month of that, unending, folks MIGHT start to see the big picture.

Again and again we read progressive Democrats openly declaring they want their political adversaries to die.
Yup! But we're not openly threatening to criminally abuse our "bully pupilt" to bring about a fatal result, "their political adversaries to die."

So, you're projecting... predictable, expected.

The only positive of openly and constantly using the U.S. Justice Department as your personal enforcer, fixer of your indicted and
convicted cronies, and as your personal defense attorney is that everyone can assume you are behind every DOJ abuse and other questionable offensive or interference maneuver!

Federal Government to Resume Capital Punishment After ...​

https://www.justice.gov › ... › News

Jul 25, 2019 — Barr Directs the Federal Bureau of Prisons to Adopt an Addendum to the Federal Execution Protocol and Schedule the Executions of Five Death-Row ...

In Trump's final days, a rush of federal executions - BBC News​

https://www.bbc.com › world-us-canada-55236260

Jan 16, 2021 — They make Mr Trump the country's most prolific execution president in more than a century, overseeing the executions of 13 death row inmates ...

SEPTEMBER 26, 2019
"President Trump is not happy about the contents of the whistle-blower complaint released to the public Thursday morning. He’s so mad, in fact, that he fantasized about a few rather extreme punishments for the people responsible.

The report includes several damning revelations, including details of how Trump pressured Ukraine to investigate a political rival, how the White House sought to cover up Trump’s July 25th call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, and how Rudy Giuliani and Attorney General William Barr became entangled in the efforts. The whistle-blower writes he or she did not have first-hand knowledge of Trump’s communication with Ukraine. But the whistle-blower says in the four months prior to the complaint’s filing, “more than half a dozen U.S. officials” informed him or her about facts related to Trump’s efforts to solicit election interference from Ukraine..."

Trump threatens officials who gave information to Ukraine ...​

https://www.vox.com › policy-and-politics › trump-ukr...

Sep 26, 2019 — Because that's close to a spy.” “You know what we used to do in the old days when we were smart? Right? The spies and treason, we used to handle ...

As Impeachment Moves Forward, Trump's Language Turns ...​

https://www.nytimes.com › U.S. › Politics

Oct 1, 2019 — “You know what we used to do in the old days when we were smart? ... Mr. Trump brought up the case of Julius and Ethel Rosenberg, who were ...

Andrea Frank: Our planet's future lies in Trump's removal from ...​

https://madison.com › opinion › mailbag › andrea-frank-...

Oct 5, 2019 — You know what we used to do in the old days when we were smart with spies ... in 1780 and repeatedly zapped Ethel Rosenberg, a Soviet spy, ...

Last edited:
If you support the death penalty for murderers and rapists - and I'm sure you do, to NOT the same "eye for an eye" mentality for a person through his own evil and greed, caused the suffering and death of thousands - then that would be hypocrisy.
I do not support the death penalty and have said so many times, so you're just as "sure" as you are "clear."

Yup! But we're not openly threatening to criminally abuse our "bully pupilt" to bring about a fatal result, "their political adversaries to die."

So, you're projecting... predictable, expected.

SEPTEMBER 26, 2019

At some point fixation on an ex president, totally consumed in hate and thinking that hate and ranting that hate in every message makes you wise or enlightened is some fashion true disturbance or crippling diversion you should reconsider or refocus in some other way. Figure out what obscenity you most often say and replace it with "trump" or something.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom