• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Conservative Talk Show Mouth Is Dying From COVID

How do you know how I vote? The only post I've ever made at DP about how I vote is one years ago about a House Democrat for whom I voted for years to keep in office.

I guess in most regards I'm on "the right," but I'm certainly not part of a herd. I think an argument can be made for group-think for both Republicans and Democrats. I agree with you about not being able to predict what the heck Trump will do.
Consider my last post. Can you not see the difference between having a political ideology that is illogical if it is indistinguishable from Charles Koch's or Sean Hannity's and you happen not to be of the wealthiest one percent, or even five percent, or you are not a christian evangelical preacher who has become wealthy selling that messaging or a lobbyist or other financial dependent of that very narrow constituency, or you live in rural Oregon or Washington and you're more concerned over "civil unrest" in those state's cities than those who reside in them, vs an ideology that rejects scapegoating those least expected to push back as those politicians of Trump party and their supporters attempt to school those on the lowest rungs about personal responsibility or "work ethic" as diversion from the "undemocratic influence" of "the Koch class"?

What is sad is that it doesn't look like he will get the opportunity to redeem his previous comments. Last reports he needs to be transported to another hospital to be put on vent.
He needs to be on a heart-lung machine, which is even worse, I think.

He needs to be on a heart-lung machine, which is even worse, I think.

His condition hints of both heart and lung failure, but...

Sept. 25. 2020.
"...It saved lives in past epidemics of lung-damaging viruses. Now, the life-support option known as ECMO appears to be doing the same for many of the critically ill COVID-19 patients who receive the treatment, according to a new international study.

The 1,035 patients in the study faced a staggeringly high risk of death, as ventilators and other care failed to support their lungs. But after they were placed on ECMO, their actual death rate was less than 40%. That’s similar to the rate for patients treated with ECMO in past outbreaks of lung-damaging viruses, and other severe forms of viral pneumonia..."

The article's statements caution against adding ECMO at facilities that did not have expertise pre-epidemic, so it seems
staffing is a greater hurdle to expansion than purchasing necessary equipment.

His condition hints of both heart and lung failure, but...

Sept. 25. 2020.
"...It saved lives in past epidemics of lung-damaging viruses. Now, the life-support option known as ECMO appears to be doing the same for many of the critically ill COVID-19 patients who receive the treatment, according to a new international study.

The 1,035 patients in the study faced a staggeringly high risk of death, as ventilators and other care failed to support their lungs. But after they were placed on ECMO, their actual death rate was less than 40%. That’s similar to the rate for patients treated with ECMO in past outbreaks of lung-damaging viruses, and other severe forms of viral pneumonia..."

The article's statements caution against adding ECMO at facilities that did not have expertise pre-epidemic, so it seems
staffing is a greater hurdle to expansion than purchasing necessary equipment.
Good news for him! Thanks!

Good news for him! Thanks!

The article quotes Mark saying their older brother is "still in the deliberative stage," AFA consenting to mix the vaccine with his own precious bodily fluids!

Parents must have dropped all three of their boys on their heads! None of the three understand how to prioritize facts over
the influences of personal political ideology.

July 25, 2021.

"...Mark Valentine said he wishes the vaccine process wouldn't have been politicized.

"If Trump would have been elected, the Biden people wouldn't have gotten the vaccine," he said. "The information has been all over the place."

The Valentine family is from Nashville, North Carolina – or "the original Nashville," Mark Valentine said. "We've got everything Nashville does but the music."

That would only have been true if Trump had obviously succeeded in discrediting the FDA approval for emergency use as a result of his ongoing intimidation and other abuse from his "bully pulpit".

Stephen Hahn held out. in the face of lame duck quacking, until December 11.

White House threatens to fire FDA chief unless Covid vaccine ...

https://www.cnbc.com › 2020/12/11 › white-house-thre...
Dec 11, 2020 — U.S. President Donald Trump and Stephen Hahn, Director of the Food and Drug Administration participate in the daily coronavirus task force ...

Who acts this way? What kind of American would vote for four more years of this acting out of acute symptoms of mental health unwellness?

FDA Takes Key Action in Fight Against COVID-19 By Issuing Emergency Use Authorization for First COVID-19 Vaccine​

Action Follows Thorough Evaluation of Available Safety, Effectiveness, and Manufacturing Quality Information by FDA Career Scientists, Input from Independent ExpertsFor Immediate Release December 11, 2020​

Last edited:
This is more than just a disagreement. They guy is actively and knowingly spreading lies and misinformation.
So is Biden and Fsuci. Certainly you are not hoping they die.

How do you know how I vote? The only post I've ever made at DP about how I vote is one years ago about a House Democrat for whom I voted for years to keep in office.
Come on! obvious.

No need to play games here.

Medical providers are only human. The resentment they feel is a natural reaction. They have a right to be pissed of. I saw an interview with an exhausted doctor last night. One of his COVID patients actually told him that she'd rather die than get the vaccine. If I had been in his place I would have wanted to turn her out of bed and tell her to go home and get on with it. Of course he did no such thing. He continued to do his job, giving her professional and compassionate care.
I remember a hooker on life support, full blown aids. Next to her was an old lady who had a mimosa at brunch and drove onto the wrong side of the interstate, killing several people. Next was a gang banger who was just walking down the street, minding his own business while getting shot. Another one drank bleach to kill himself. Lets not forget the one who shoved a glass up his rear for kicks. Oh, and lets not forget the long line of smokers, drinkers, addicts and such. Then are the poor, who should have taken their meds but decided that paying the rent was more important. Homeless, that is another entire sector to have opinions about.
Of course we are human, we get miffed and tired. That doesn't give us the right to triage depending on our personal feelings.
Patients and patients, end of story.

I remember a hooker on life support, full blown aids. Next to her was an old lady who had a mimosa at brunch and drove onto the wrong side of the interstate, killing several people. Next was a gang banger who was just walking down the street, minding his own business while getting shot. Another one drank bleach to kill himself. Lets not forget the one who shoved a glass up his rear for kicks. Oh, and lets not forget the long line of smokers, drinkers, addicts and such. Then are the poor, who should have taken their meds but decided that paying the rent was more important. Homeless, that is another entire sector to have opinions about.
Of course we are human, we get miffed and tired. That doesn't give us the right to triage depending on our personal feelings.
Patients and patients, end of story.
Never said otherwise. Medical professionals give the same level of care regardless of personal feelings. That doesn't mean they don't have a right to their emotional reactions.

it's either one of the other, D or R. AND it's R. You vote for R candidates.
Wrong. Independent, and proudly so. Partisans make me shake my head.

Wrong. Independent, and proudly so. Partisans make me shake my head.
I thought you said Parkinson's not partisans :D I need to keep my glasses cleaner.

Not to mention decency. And no, you're not "just being honest." If you regard slowly dying as a gift, something to be enjoyed, that is a particularly repulsive schadenfreude.
How many people have died slowly because of his lies? Is there any number of bodies laid at his feet that you would feel made him worthy of reaping what he has sown?

And how many families did his lies tear apart, while considering whether he deserves what he's getting?

Apparently , Phil Valentine is 'in stable but critical condition'. His brother shared with CNN that dozens of people who listen to him let him know they got vaccinated when the learned of his condition. I hope he makes it, and can continue to
get more people to get vaccinated.

Barrett News Media previously aggregated a report on conservative news talk host Phil Valentine of SuperTalk 99.7 in Nashville being placed on a ventilator while battling Covid-19.
Newsweek provided an update on Monday, quoting Valentine’s brother saying that Phil is in ‘critical but stable’ condition.
Valentine’s brother also joined CNN to say that dozens of people who know and listen to Phil have since received a dose of the vaccine since learning of his condition.

I don't wish sickness or death for him, but I am certainly not going to waste my energy feeling bad for those who have actively helped to make this pandemic worse by profiting off of misinformation, only to then get sick themselves.

I was not in search of you. You're just there.
who did you vote for in the past 3 presidential elections? I'll wait.
Johnson/Johnson/West

Back
Top Bottom