• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Conservative S.E. Cupp Tells Trump To Give Up: ‘This Is What Losing Looks Like’

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/cupp-trump-shutdown_us_5c3adea8e4b0e0baf53e08ca

“So now it’s time to accept the loss and move on to what’s next.”

As President Donald Trump digs in his heels on the longest federal government shutdown in U.S. history, one prominent conservative commentator is telling him to throw in the towel.

CNN’s S.E. Cupp unleashed a scathing rebuke of the president in a Saturday night monologue, advising him to accept that he’s not going to win his battle for border wall money.
========================================
Two points: the wall will not work as they think it needs to & it will actually cost far more than $5.7B. Time to move on, Donald.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/cupp-trump-shutdown_us_5c3adea8e4b0e0baf53e08ca

As President Donald Trump digs in his heels on the longest federal government shutdown in U.S. history, one prominent conservative commentator is telling him to throw in the towel.

CNN’s S.E. Cupp unleashed a scathing rebuke of the president in a Saturday night monologue, advising him to accept that he’s not going to win his battle for border wall money.
Two points: the wall will not work as they think it needs to & it will actually cost far more than $5.7B. Time to move on, Donald.
S.E. Cupp isn't a conservative.

She's not a liberal or progressive either. And I didn't write the piece that I referenced. Go argue your point with them at CNN.

"Conservative S.E. Cupp Tells Trump To Give Up: ‘This Is What Losing Looks Like’ "

That Cupp lady is about as conservative as the nail-filing Navarro dimwit ... :lamo

She's not a liberal or progressive either. And I didn't write the piece that I referenced. Go argue your point with them at CNN.
Not the point. Just don't use "well, Cupp says . . ." as an argument to me about what a conservative thinks.

This is what CNN as opposed to HuffPost (HuffPost....Really?) says she said:

S.E. Cupp tells Jake Tapper that so far, Trump has lost the shutdown but as it drags on public opinion may turn against the Democrats.
https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2019/01/13/sotu-panel-full.cnn

Your opening post looks sloppy.

Last edited:
"Conservative S.E. Cupp Tells Trump To Give Up: ‘This Is What Losing Looks Like’ "

That Cupp lady is about as conservative as the nail-filing Navarro dimwit ... :lamo

:lol: and the only people covering her comments are leftist rags like CNN, Huffo Puffo and MSNBC.

New polls out this weekend show Trumps speech and visit to the border have not moved public opinion. The majority of Americans do not want the wall, and they blame Trump for the shutdown. Bad news for Rump with no way out.

I stated last week the first crack would appear in the Senate, I was correct. Sen Graham now has asked that certain parts of the government reopen while negotiatons continue. Well duh Beverley Leslie, that is exactly what the Dems have been trying to do!!

Trump will loose this one. The cracks in the levee will get wider in the GOP Senate.

I stated last week the first crack would appear in the Senate, I was correct. Sen Graham now has asked that certain parts of the government reopen while negotiatons continue. Well duh Beverley Leslie, that is exactly what the Dems have been trying to do!!

Trump will loose this one. The cracks in the levee will get wider in the GOP Senate.
Yes, the key to this thing, barring Trump folding via a national emergency, would seem to be the Senate. But so far, the House has had little luck getting them to crack. Though I do admit Lindsey Graham's comment is an interesting development ...

Yes, the key to this thing, barring Trump folding via a national emergency, would seem to be the Senate. But so far, the House has had little luck getting them to crack. Though I do admit Lindsey Graham's comment is an interesting development ...

In 2020 there are 22 Republican Senators up for reelection, the longer this goes on, oh they will crack.

For the suckers for 5 deferment cadet bone spurs anyone who dare to disagree with their messiah shall no longer be a "conservative". Funny the orange don isn't really a conservative. Just a lying, narcissistic sack of ****!

A lot of then are going to have to defend this bull**** next election. Good luck with that along with 5 deferment cadet fake bone spurs. LOL!

You're right. She's a Log Cabin Republican, which means she supports virtually every Republican policy with the exception of their stance against gay marriage and allowing people to have sex with whatever other consenting adult they choose.

As a lifelong Republican, her words are just as meaningful, if not more, than the words that come from the mouth of the lifelong Liberal former Hillary Clinton/Bill Clinton/Chuck Schumer supporter named Donald J. Trump. Unlike Trump, she has always been a Republican, not just when she's trying to dupe the easily duped.

You're right. She's a Log Cabin Republican, which means she supports virtually every Republican policy with the exception of their stance against gay marriage and allowing people to have sex with whatever other consenting adult they choose.

As a lifelong Republican, her words are just as meaningful, if not more, than the words that come from the mouth of the lifelong Liberal former Hillary Clinton/Bill Clinton/Chuck Schumer supporter named Donald J. Trump. Unlike Trump, she has always been a Republican, not just when she's trying to dupe the easily duped.
There is a difference between being a Republican and being a conservative. I'm aware Cupp fits into the Log Cabin Republican corner, but that still doesn't make her a conservative

Back
Top Bottom