• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Conservative pundit Matt Walsh argues in favor of more child labor

If you want to purposely misinterpret people that’s your business. I can’t see how you’d interpret what he said as rejecting direct assessment of skills.
I don't know what to call a pilot certificate if not a credential.

You might notice what I actually did was ask a question. Nice of you to declare what @EMNofSeattle meant on his behalf. You could be entirely right. Maybe what he really meant was "I hate education."

For a great many people it might as well be. Those who lack either the intelligence or the desire to understand academic subjects would be better off working for a living.
Pro child labor, not something you see very much of these days!

How did the vast majority of people throughout history get educated?
You mean the people who imprisoned Galileo?

Pro child labor, not something you see very much of these days!
I get that working for a living is a strange concept for liberals, but what’s wrong with it?
Everyone involved in that went to college.

Working for a living while one is a child and cannot even legally sign a contract, is a goal now?
Moving toward self-sufficiency is a good thing, yes.

:rolleyes:
I'm sure their uneducated asses will have quite the future then.
I get that you liberals regard self-sufficiency as an abomination. But not all young people are liberals, and the ones who aren’t shouldn’t have to suffer from the lunacy of others.

I get that you liberals regard self-sufficiency as an abomination. But not all young people are liberals, and the ones who aren’t shouldn’t have to suffer from the lunacy of others.
Education = lunacy in Konservistan. :rolleyes:

I get that working for a living is a strange concept for liberals, but what’s wrong with it?
What's wrong with child labor? This is a real question?

Yes. There are still many people in this country who aren’t liberals and who don’t regard self-reliance as the worst thing ever.

Yes. There are still many people in this country who aren’t liberals and who don’t regard self-reliance as the worst thing ever.

I think you dramatically overestimate how many people are pro child labor.

And kids go to school to get an education, so they can get a good job and be self-reliant.

They shouldn't? If you watch the video he is arguing for places like McDonalds to directly advertise hiring to kids under 16. He also thinks children under 16 should be able to work longer hours than they are currently permitted to.

Is that his piecemeal solution to the current labor shortage - let kids younger than 16 prepare his combo meal?

Is that his piecemeal solution to the current labor shortage - let kids younger than 16 prepare his combo meal?
A lot of these folks have been looking down on fast food workers for decades, saying if they want to make a decent living get a better job. Now they're getting testy waiting for their Big Mac.

A lot of these folks have been looking down on fast food workers for decades, saying if they want to make a decent living get a better job. Now they're getting testy waiting for their Big Mac.

Sure seems that way. "Don't like the pay/conditions working at [fast food establishment]? Then don't work there!"

And now that establishments are scrambling to find anyone to work? "Americans are deadbeats - no one wants to work!"

Cool, let's go back to the Middle Ages in America, while the rest of the world continues to advance.
The rest of the world is not going to “continue to advance” because they’re women aren’t having kids. And without young men with ambition society cannot advance.

Sure seems that way. "Don't like the pay/conditions working at [fast food establishment]? Then don't work there!"

And now that establishments are scrambling to find anyone to work? "Americans are deadbeats - no one wants to work!"
Well it’s not that at all. The left is the one making that argument because of their “jobs Americans won’t do” rhetoric that’s used to justify replacing Americans with immigrants

Galileo was wrong about his “science” and he was using his wrong pseudoscience to teach the church was wrong. He was justly punished.

Yeah, those bobbins ain't gonna change themselves.

And that's how we progress to 1898.

Galileo was wrong about his “science” and he was using his wrong pseudoscience to teach the church was wrong. He was justly punished.

See, this is why I love your posts in the morning. I laugh and laugh.

So your idea of "self-reliance" is "no school, learn by chimney sweeping"?

Well it’s not that at all. The left is the one making that argument because of their “jobs Americans won’t do” rhetoric that’s used to justify replacing Americans with immigrants

Not saying that that's it. I'm saying that these are the declarations coming from the right depending on their mood.

Back
Top Bottom