• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Conservative PM battle reaches new low.

Manc Skipper

Wrinkly member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Following Cameron's resignation, the Conservative party MP's have whittled down the candidates to just two:

Andrea Leadsom, and ex-fund manager who massaged her CV, and UKIP preference, and Theresa May, current Home Secretary, who spoke of Euro nationals living and working in Britain as "bargaining chips" in the forthcoming Brexit negotiations Not much to choose between them, until THIS:

Leadsom appears on the "Times" front page, claiming that being a mother gives her an edge over Theresa May who has no kids.

Now the party membership (all 0.002% of the British population) will decide which will be leader (and PM)

Leadsom has denied saying such a repellent thing, the reporter has published his transcript confirming she did...

Following Cameron's resignation, the Conservative party MP's have whittled down the candidates to just two:

Andrea Leadsom, and ex-fund manager who massaged her CV, and UKIP preference, and Theresa May, current Home Secretary, who spoke of Euro nationals living and working in Britain as "bargaining chips" in the forthcoming Brexit negotiations Not much to choose between them, until THIS:

Leadsom appears on the "Times" front page, claiming that being a mother gives her an edge over Theresa May who has no kids.

Now the party membership (all 0.002% of the British population) will decide which will be leader (and PM)

Leadsom has denied saying such a repellent thing, the reporter has published his transcript confirming she did...

And you believe everything you read, or just about those you find repellent?

And you believe everything you read, or just about those you find repellent?

What, do you support Leadsom over May? How come?

~ the reporter has published his transcript confirming she did...

Reporter has now been interviewed on BBC breakfast repeating her story again. Strange - didn't Rupert Murdoch support Brexit and now one of his papers is trying to bring their own Brexit darling down?

Reporter has now been interviewed on BBC breakfast repeating her story again. Strange - didn't Rupert Murdoch support Brexit and now one of his papers is trying to bring their own Brexit darling down?

Rupert wants to gut media protection laws and monopoly laws in the UK, and since he and May are old friends, then well..

I read two different studies about the positions taken to Brexit before the referendum. It seems that Murdoch's media took varying positions and that M must have left it up to the editors.

I read two different studies about the positions taken to Brexit before the referendum. It seems that Murdoch's media took varying positions and that M must have left it up to the editors.

Naw, he is just playing with people. All the big selling newspapers were Brexit. Rupert has been Brexit because he can so easily influence British politics but not so much EU regulators.

Naw, he is just playing with people. All the big selling newspapers were Brexit. Rupert has been Brexit because he can so easily influence British politics but not so much EU regulators.

Why don't you look things up instead of piping the conventional populism?

And as for the last sentence, what was that supposed to mean? That a group that lives off of the EU is hard to convince that it should stop causing all the damage to the poor in order to keep their own jobs and pensions?

Why don't you look things up instead of piping the conventional populism?

Oh for **** sake.... Murdoch only does stuff that benefits him and his family. In China he is a raving communist and in the US he is a raging right wing conservative. In the UK he is whatever party that gives him the most and what he wants is to totally dominate British media. He cant do that because of British Ofcom.. which he wants to get rid off. On top of that, anti-monopoly laws from the EU, prevent him from expanding his British empire on so many fronts. He wont get anything from the present Labour guys so his only alternative is the Tories.

Oh for **** sake....
Yeah!!

Kinda provokes asking of the the poster the question "Why don't you research anything at all and altogether first, before offering your consistently biased agenda as factual on here?"
Murdoch only does stuff that benefits him and his family. In China he is a raving communist and in the US he is a raging right wing conservative. In the UK he is whatever party that gives him the most and what he wants is to totally dominate British media. He cant do that because of British Ofcom.. which he wants to get rid off. On top of that, anti-monopoly laws from the EU, prevent him from expanding his British empire on so many fronts. He wont get anything from the present Labour guys so his only alternative is the Tories.
...................and anyone having followed the antics of his Satellite platform (Sky) practically monopolizing the UK customer market despite collecting pay-TV fees(until the spread of "digital terrestrial transmission", that is), will not need to wonder why he got the brakes put on him in the rest of Europe.

While the Satellite footprint still reached down here, one couldn't even get the free-to-air BBC-TV, (let alone in UK, for that matter) without having to subscribe to the rest of his pap-package. To describe the prevention of that happening in other European countries as causing damage to the poor and servicing any group living off the EU, is about as stupid and dishonest an argument as anyone can make.

But predictable as usual in this case. :roll:

Oh for **** sake.... Murdoch only does stuff that benefits him and his family. In China he is a raving communist and in the US he is a raging right wing conservative. In the UK he is whatever party that gives him the most and what he wants is to totally dominate British media. He cant do that because of British Ofcom.. which he wants to get rid off. On top of that, anti-monopoly laws from the EU, prevent him from expanding his British empire on so many fronts. He wont get anything from the present Labour guys so his only alternative is the Tories.

You don't need expletives to understand this.
That is why his various editors explained the positiins as they thought best for their readers. Why should he break with the capitalist principal just to reduce free access to information?

Exactly I couldn't have put it better Rupurd sold his Australian citizenship for thirty pieces of silver plus the rest

Yeah!!

Kinda provokes asking of the the poster the question "Why don't you research anything at all and altogether first, before offering your consistently biased agenda as factual on here?"...................and anyone having followed the antics of his Satellite platform (Sky) practically monopolizing the UK customer market despite collecting pay-TV fees(until the spread of "digital terrestrial transmission", that is), will not need to wonder why he got the brakes put on him in the rest of Europe.

While the Satellite footprint still reached down here, one couldn't even get the free-to-air BBC-TV, (let alone in UK, for that matter) without having to subscribe to the rest of his pap-package. To describe the prevention of that happening in other European countries as causing damage to the poor and servicing any group living off the EU, is about as stupid and dishonest an argument as anyone can make.

But predictable as usual in this case. :roll:

You ever heard the story on how he squashed the ITV satelite competition in the 1980s and 90s? He should have been put in jail for that.. but noo he got away with it, because he owned the government.

You don't need expletives to understand this.
That is why his various editors explained the positiins as they thought best for their readers. Why should he break with the capitalist principal just to reduce free access to information?

And it is horse****. His editors do what Murdoch wants. It has always been like that in every freaking country he has media in. Murdoch owned media are no better than Pravda under the Soviets. The ONLY place he cant influence the news as much as other places is with Sky News.. and that is thanks to Ofcom, and guess what he wants to get rid off?

And it is horse****. His editors do what Murdoch wants. It has always been like that in every freaking country he has media in. Murdoch owned media are no better than Pravda under the Soviets. The ONLY place he cant influence the news as much as other places is with Sky News.. and that is thanks to Ofcom, and guess what he wants to get rid off?

As I said above, your arguments would profit from a little research and your credibility by a little less abrasiveness. Talking trashy does not replace content successfully.

As I said above, your arguments would profit from a little research and your credibility by a little less abrasiveness. Talking trashy does not replace content successfully.

I have been following Mr Murdoch and his rise to power since the early 1980s. That is more than enough research...

You ever heard the story on how he squashed the ITV satelite competition in the 1980s and 90s? He should have been put in jail for that.. but noo he got away with it, because he owned the government.
Yeah, remember that one.

Thing that's always puzzled me is the readiness with which Brit customers would allow themselves to go into total dependence. I mean they were virtually forced into taking a Sky-designed receiver which was (then and now) one of the technically worst imaginable. Plus you couldn't program them to receive anything that was outside the Sky platform. Not without being a hacker that is.

Used to love cracking those things for the Brit neighbours that finally woke up enough to want to forsake the platform but not buy a totally new and different receiver.

Yeah, remember that one.

Thing that's always puzzled me is the readiness with which Brit customers would allow themselves to go into total dependence. I mean they were virtually forced into taking a Sky-designed receiver which was (then and now) one of the technically worst imaginable. Plus you couldn't program them to receive anything that was outside the Sky platform. Not without being a hacker that is.

Used to love cracking those things for the Brit neighbours that finally woke up enough to want to forsake the platform but not buy a totally new and different receiver.

Well that is why he is against the EU.. they have been pushing for opening up of the market, so that consumers could choose to take Sky in the UK or Canal Plus in Spain or whatever they wanted.

I have been following Mr Murdoch and his rise to power since the early 1980s. That is more than enough research...
Isn't it funny when those providing no facts at all get iffy with others that do, denying them credibility on account of comparably irrelevant issues when they themselves have none at all? To then finally wonder at being treated with some abrasiveness?

I've been following his (Murdoch's) crooked shenanigans for years as well, mainly because of the uninvited influence he tried to exert over my environment, me included. Murdoch never made a penny off me and I was glad to help that he was no longer making a penny of others either.

But then I know what I'm talking of.

Well that is why he is against the EU.. they have been pushing for opening up of the market, so that consumers could choose to take Sky in the UK or Canal Plus in Spain or whatever they wanted.

Yeah, his Sky ventures abroad (Spain and Germany) aren't doing as well. Certainly not to the extent that his monopolizing got him to in UK. Due to the broadcasting market being regulated towards freedom and the last thing he wants is that sort of thing spreading.

Brexiting is the best way to prevent that from happening.

Free access to information, my bleddy foot. :roll:

Yeah, his Sky ventures abroad (Spain and Germany) aren't doing as well.

Italy and Germany. Spain has Movistar+ aka Canal+ which is owned by Telefonica/Movistar.

Certainly not to the extent that his monopolizing got him to in UK. Due to the broadcasting market being regulated towards freedom and the last thing he wants is that sort of thing spreading.

Well his problem in Italy is Berloscloony who owns all the media..pretty much. This causes problems for Murdoch with his Sky platform.

In Germany he is having a better time after buying up the competition. The problem is however that, unlike in the UK, he has big competition. He might be the one with the sports and some movies, but his competition absolute dominate the free-to-air/view stuff. The irony is however that on the pay tv, his main competitor is owned by Vodafone..

Italy and Germany. Spain has Movistar+ aka Canal+ which is owned by Telefonica/Movistar.
Yeah, sorry my bad. I actually meant Italy but something got stuck in the old brain.

Well his problem in Italy is Berloscloony who owns all the media..pretty much. This causes problems for Murdoch with his Sky platform.

In Germany he is having a better time after buying up the competition. The problem is however that, unlike in the UK, he has big competition. He might be the one with the sports and some movies, but his competition absolute dominate the free-to-air/view stuff. The irony is however that on the pay tv, his main competitor is owned by Vodafone..
Apart from Spanish TV (and no pay-tv either, thanks very much) I make do in TV down here mostly with the German free-to-air stuff. Hence my partiality to the "Lügenpresse". :lamo

To get back to the PM goon show in London though, perhaps Leadsome felt it needed pointing out that she at least had done something against Englanders becoming outnumbered by all those furriners. Rather than refusing to brood like May.:roll:

She's certainly dumb enough to think like that and definitely dumb enough to not realize what crap she spouts until after it's left her mouth.

Don't care much anyway over who makes PM. When choosing from a goon squad, what the hell does anybody expect to get as a result?

Yeah, sorry my bad. I actually meant Italy but something got stuck in the old brain.

Apart from Spanish TV (and no pay-tv either, thanks very much) I make do in TV down here mostly with the German free-to-air stuff. Hence my partiality to the "Lügenpresse". :lamo

To get back to the PM goon show in London though, perhaps Leadsome felt it needed pointing out that she at least had done something against Englanders becoming outnumbered by all those furriners. Rather than refusing to brood like May.:roll:

She's certainly dumb enough to think like that and definitely dumb enough to not realize what crap she spouts until after it's left her mouth.

Don't care much anyway over who makes PM. When choosing from a goon squad, what the hell does anybody expect to get as a result?

Problem with Leadsom.. is she is a brain washed conservative candidate. Some of her beliefs belong in the 1800s, not the 21st century. She wants fox hunting back?!?! She is against gay marriage basically.. I mean come on. Bet she is against abortion too, but dare not state so because that would tank her chances of getting the PM job, let alone getting re-elected. She is about as out of touch as a conservative can be.. stuck in at the best 1950s but more likely in the 1850s.

OK guys, I may not be on the hard right end of the Conservative party but them's fighting words when you run my party down. :spank:

I feel Theresa May should be our next PM though the position really will be a poisoned chalice unless she has a plan to develop industry and redistribute wealth across the nation to see more development.

I think however, the conservative membership will, like the Labour Party support the fringe and push Leadsom onto us. She's wet behind the ears but her support for Brexit will win over the older voters just as this message won over the older voters in the referendum.

Oh on another front - Leadsom's team is making an official complaint against the times but BBC just played a recording of Leadsom saying exactly what she says has been misrepresented?

Back
Top Bottom