• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Conservative Party leadership election

I've got no tolerance for Justin Trudeau. The sooner he's gone the better, but I'll be damned if you don't sound more American every time you post. Any day now I expect to see you calling people libtards and growling about the deep state working against the Tories.
Have you been having lunch with 'apdst'?

I'd love for you to link to any post of mine where I've used childish name-calling as a method of debate. I'm quite serious about my concern for anyone who would consider voting for Justin Trudeau, perhaps the most corrupt politician (Jean Cretien, excepted) to be Prime Minister of Canada and easily the most incompetent.

I'd love for you to link to any post of mine where I've used childish name-calling as a method of debate. I'm quite serious about my concern for anyone who would consider voting for Justin Trudeau, perhaps the most corrupt politician (Jean Cretien, excepted) to be Prime Minister of Canada and easily the most incompetent.

Jean Chretien brought in 8 or 9 surplus budgets in a row. How did your fiscally conservative buddy Harper do?

5e85f76d270000f001a67861.jpg

Jean Chretien brought in 8 or 9 surplus budgets in a row. How did your fiscally conservative buddy Harper do?

View attachment 67293135

Paul Martin, the Finance Minister at that time, brought in the surplus budgets, primarily by slashing transfer payments to the Provinces. However, I'm a big fan of what Paul Martin did and can only dream of a Liberal Finance Minister with even a fraction of his common sense and determination to do what was right for the country, regardless of the potential political consequences. The current Liberal government is the exact opposite, sacrificing the country for their own electoral success. it will take another powerful Finance Minister like Paul Martin (Chrystia Freeland is not one) who defies a spendthrift Prime Minister for the good of the country. Paul Martin could do it because Paul Martin was more popular in the Liberal caucus than Jean Chretien was. And let's not forget that the years you identify were years where the tech boom was in full bloom boosting the economy. But you won't get any argument from me that Paul Martin was a superstar when it comes to Canadian economic policy.

You may not remember, but Harper had the misfortune of being in office when the US real estate Ponzi scheme blew up the world economy, cratering the stock market and almost bankrupting banks world wide. Even with Canada's strong banking industry, Canada's economy needed significant supports from the federal government. But the Harper government had turned that around and was entering into years of surplus when the Canadian electorate decided they needed a brainless celebrity to lead the country into deficit and debt hell for decades to come.

Back
Top Bottom