• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Conservative News Source NRO is calling for Palin's head.

shuamort

Pundit-licious
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Palin Problem
She’s out of her league.

Palin’s recent interviews with Charles Gibson, Sean Hannity, and now Katie Couric have all revealed an attractive, earnest, confident candidate. Who Is Clearly Out Of Her League.

No one hates saying that more than I do. Like so many women, I’ve been pulling for Palin, wishing her the best, hoping she will perform brilliantly. I’ve also noticed that I watch her interviews with the held breath of an anxious parent, my finger poised over the mute button in case it gets too painful. Unfortunately, it often does. My cringe reflex is exhausted.

Palin filibusters. She repeats words, filling space with deadwood. Cut the verbiage and there’s not much content there. Here’s but one example of many from her interview with Hannity: “Well, there is a danger in allowing some obsessive partisanship to get into the issue that we’re talking about today. And that’s something that John McCain, too, his track record, proving that he can work both sides of the aisle, he can surpass the partisanship that must be surpassed to deal with an issue like this.”

When Couric pointed to polls showing that the financial crisis had boosted Obama’s numbers, Palin blustered wordily: “I’m not looking at poll numbers. What I think Americans at the end of the day are going to be able to go back and look at track records and see who’s more apt to be talking about solutions and wishing for and hoping for solutions for some opportunity to change, and who’s actually done it?”

If BS were currency, Palin could bail out Wall Street herself.

Follow the link at the top for the rest of the article.

Since this is coming from a conservative news source, is the bias less or more credible when it comes to the piece?

I wanted to add the final words:
Only Palin can save McCain, her party, and the country she loves. She can bow out for personal reasons, perhaps because she wants to spend more time with her newborn. No one would criticize a mother who puts her family first.

Do it for your country.
Wow.

:eek: that was rather scathing
does this mean Obama should bow out too :)

Kathleen Parker is one of the worst NRO contributers. She's always ready to panic IMHO and always condescending in her views. I don't much ever care for her... "opinion". And NRO is one of my favorite sites.

My guess — based on nothing but hope for a change — is that Sarah Palin just needs some freedom. I don’t know who is holding her back but if John McCain wants to win this thing it had better not be him and his staff. When I watch these interviews, I see a woman who looks like she’s stayed up all night studying and is trying to remember the jurisprudential chronology of privacy vis-a-vis reproduction, the war on terror, and public figures (add 12 more things, described in the most complicated way possible, to the list to be more accurate). She looks like a woman who’s been cramming talking points and great Matt Scully lines and Mark Salter-McCain war stories and Steve Schmidt marching orders into her head since that first plane ride from Alaska. She looks like a woman who has ceased being the confident, successful executive who got herself elected governor of Alaska without the full force of her party behind her and managed to have an approval rating of which most can’t even dream.

This seems wholly unnecessary. People love Sarah Palin when they see her. When she’s firing at full force, she comes off as authentic, self-possessed, and ready for a fight. If that is Sarah Palin, that’s the Sarah Palin who should be talking to everyone she can. That’s the Sarah Palin who should call up Rush Limbaugh. That’s the Sarah Palin who should go on The View. Heck, I thought she should have dropped in on Keith Olbermann while she was in the Big Apple and charm his official Bush-Derangement-Syndrome socks off or be cheered for trying.

Conservatives are inclined to love Palin. Hard-working, all-American family men and women who don’t have their head full of left-wing theories about Republicans are frequently warm to her — if not outright excited. Even the Left knows the attraction or they wouldn’t be going so insane over her.
http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=OTUzNTM3MDk0MmI3ZWM1N2ZkZDAwZTFmMjA5Nzk3MWM=

I agree with THIS NRO contributor.

So, right now, Palin is not allowed to speak for herself or make herself look intelligent and educated on these topics? That's an interesting viewpoint.

So, right now, Palin is not allowed to speak for herself or make herself look intelligent and educated on these topics? That's an interesting viewpoint.

Either she's deer in the headlights freezing during the questions out of fear, or she's being over handled by the McCain people on what to say to questions and she's not comfortable repeating lines from others.

Either way, we'll know at the debate with Biden. If she sounds like she did in that couric debate... McCain's toast, and Obama sails in. If she comes out like she did at the RNC convention and nails the debate then these interviews won't matter one whit.

Declaring she should step down now is just chicken little panicking.

Either she's deer in the headlights freezing during the questions out of fear, or she's being over handled by the McCain people on what to say to questions and she's not comfortable repeating lines from others.

Either way, we'll know at the debate with Biden. If she sounds like she did in that couric debate... McCain's toast, and Obama sails in. If she comes out like she did at the RNC convention and nails the debate then these interviews won't matter one whit.

Declaring she should step down now is just chicken little panicking.

At the RNC she used big words and fluff... how is that going to help her when she debates an informed opponent?

At the RNC she used big words and fluff... how is that going to help her when she debates an informed opponent?

Joe Biden? The guy that tells people in wheel chairs to stand up and thinks "President Roosevelt got on the tv in 1929" is informed?

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The SAME Joe Biden that said you cannot walk into a 7/11 without hearing a slight Indian accent?

The SAME Joe Biden that said the Attack Ad on McCain was terrible and didn't know Obama had approved it?

Informed?

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:

Joe Biden? The guy that tells people in wheel chairs to stand up and thinks "President Roosevelt got on the tv in 1929" is informed?

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The SAME Joe Biden that said you cannot walk into a 7/11 without hearing a slight Indian accent?

The SAME Joe Biden that said the Attack Ad on McCain was terrible and didn't know Obama had approved it?

Informed?

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:

yeah...

against the SAME Palin who said she had Foreign Policy experience because she could see Russia

:rofl My left toe looks informed standing next to her.

That was a dumb answer, I won't argue that. Her answer should have been:

"I'm the governor of Alaska, we're bordered by Canada and Russia. What we do impacts them and vice versa. That's day to day operations that require an understanding of international law and how to deal with other countries."

And left it at that. If Couric wanted to push the issue I'd have just said "Well dear, the experience I have in dealing with these issues shows how I work and I'm sure most American's can understand that."

Poor Katy would have been clueless.

She did not, and that's that. No use in crying over spilt milk not panicking over. It's not time to panic.

It's not time to panic.

Speaking of panicking, if Palin's so incompetent, why was the left panicking so much when she was selected? If she really is stupid, you'd think they'd be thrilled to have her on the ticket.

Speaking of panicking, if Palin's so incompetent, why was the left panicking so much when she was selected? If she really is stupid, you'd think they'd be thrilled to have her on the ticket.

This whole comment is the epidemy of what's wrong with Extremists (like yourself).

These people are running for PRESIDENT/VICE PRESIDENT of the United States!

Whoever wins will not be the President/Vice for only Conservatives or Liberals. They'll be the leaders of the whole country.

Why would ANY voter be "thrilled" that one of those leaders is a windbag that doesn't know what they're talking about?

Now, thats a cue for the Extremists to apply my last statement to Obama. GO!!

The left panicked because they knew that some Americans are as intelligent as a rock and would vote for her because she's attractive and female, and that this PR stunt might work.

I love how, when one of their own turns out to be a dud, Republicans want to "eat their young". ;)

They better get to her quickly, before Palin's next door neighbor, Russia's Putin, swoops down on her after he "rears his head". :roll:

I do give them credit for recognizing when they have made a huge mistake. The only question now would be, when are they going to announce Palin is taking her name off the ballot for "personal reasons"? :rofl

I love how, when one of their own turns out to be a dud, Republicans want to "eat their young". ;)

They better get to her quickly, before Palin's next door neighbor, Russia's Putin, swoops down on her after he "rears his head". :roll:

I do give them credit for recognizing when they have made a huge mistake. The only question now would be, when are they going to announce Palin is taking her name off the ballot for "personal reasons"? :rofl

After she gets spanked in the debate.

hey who says we WERE NOT tickled to death, once the shock wore off on "SARAH WHO?". As the days go by, the real candidate is revealed for exactly what she is in reality. A baby factory with an over inflated ego with NO real grasp on the issues.:spin::2wave:

This whole comment is the epidemy of what's wrong with Extremists (like yourself).

These people are running for PRESIDENT/VICE PRESIDENT of the United States!

Whoever wins will not be the President/Vice for only Conservatives or Liberals. They'll be the leaders of the whole country.

Why would ANY voter be "thrilled" that one of those leaders is a windbag that doesn't know what they're talking about?

Now, thats a cue for the Extremists to apply my last statement to Obama. GO!!

And then there are the hotheaded extremists (like you) that run screaming, kicking and puunching without taking a moment to THINK. You don't know squat about me. And if you've read any of my posts on this forum, extremist wouldn't come to mind. Unless of course you can't think beyond meaningless labels. If the latter is the case, you're part of the problem in America today. So don't point your dirty finger at me.

I've known plenty of book smart people who stand in front of a dvd player muttering "uh uh uh" not knowing how to hook it up to their tv. Or they're so damn smart that they read their kindles while driving. :shock: And I've known people with brilliant common sense who barely squeaked by in school. When it comes down to who I'd choose to take care of my kid, I'd go for the one with common sense every time. When I hire an employee, I don't care how much they can finesse me in an interview. I look at their record, and I look at their work ethic. Heck, a used car salesman sounds pretty darned good on the lot, but we all know what he's peddling.

Palin didn't impress me in the couric interview. But that doesn't mean I'm going to throw her out and decide she's not got something. I've said it before on this forum (because I guess I'm such an extremist :roll:) the office of president is in many ways a symbolic one. This isn't a dictatorship where no one else in the administration gets to advise the president or veep. I like what Palin stands for. A lot. Do I wish she'd do better in interviews? Absolutely! But I'm not extremist or elitist or supercilious enough to write off a potentially great leader because of a few bad moments.

Last edited:
It is ashamed that her handlers allowed her to come out at the RNC and lie. I think that was sad and has contributed to her poor reception by a lot of fence sitters. It is time for all politicians to "man up" and speak truthfully. It is an insult to the nation.

I am all for a woman running and winning either Pres/Vpres but this woman has bitten off more than she is qualified to do being so close to having the office of President dropped in her lap. She has not shown herself as ready even with the Sean Hannity interview.

I don't know squat about you?
This whole comment says it all.

Maybe the left is putting "country first".

Just sayin'......:mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom