• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Conservative mindset.

cnredd

Major General Big Lug
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
OK folks....I cnredd, of sound mind and body(HA!), am going AGAINST my longstanding tradition of using objective sources...What I am linking to is called "rightwingnews", so I don't expect any objectivity...BUT....

These thoughts are the thrust of many arguments made on the right...including myself...Conservatives will, obviously, agree with most, if not all, of what is written, but I'm posting this more for the thoughts of those on the "left" side of the aisle...

There is an obvious disconnect with the convictions on each side...most are 180 degrees of each other...So if a Liberal asks "How the hell can you think like that?!?!", hopefully, this will answer some of your questions...

I particularly enjoy this quote...It's what Conservatives have been saying for quite awhile now..

"I would disagree with John McCain that it’s the actual weapons of mass destruction he may use against us, it’s what he may do in another invasion of Kuwait or in a miscalculation about the Kurds or a miscalculation about Iran or particularly Israel. Those are the things that - that I think present the greatest danger. He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat." -- John Kerry, "Face The Nation", 9/15/02

http://www.rightwingnews.com/special/xyz.php

This is NOT meant to inflame anyone, nor is it meant to accuse others of being "liars"...It's just meant to inform Liberals of the "Conservative mindset".
(generalization...I know, I know)...

Originally posted by cnredd:
These thoughts are the thrust of many arguments made on the right...including myself...Conservatives will, obviously, agree with most, if not all, of what is written, but I'm posting this more for the thoughts of those on the "left" side of the aisle...
Since you posted the following quote, my thoughts...
"I would disagree with John McCain that it’s the actual weapons of mass destruction he may use against us, it’s what he may do in another invasion of Kuwait or in a miscalculation about the Kurds or a miscalculation about Iran or particularly Israel. Those are the things that - that I think present the greatest danger. He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat." -- John Kerry, "Face The Nation", 9/15/02
...Kerry was no answer to anything! I voted for him just out of my resentment for Bush. But I really didn't think he was going to do anything different had he won. My phylosophy was, and still is, to keep voting these bastards out of office until they realize, just like any other person with a job, "...if you can't do the work that we hired you to do, then we'll find somebody who can." I'm sure this is not news to anyone.

Both sides of the aisle, including all of us (American citizens 18 and over) inbetween, share some responsibility in everything our nation does in our name. This is not a "neo only" problem. Kerry would have been a very bad President. But we keep going until we find a good one.

I, myself, personnally dug JFK. I told my father that he was the best President. My dad responded, "No way! He might have been the most celebrated, but he made too many mistakes to be considered the best." I said, "What do you mean." He answered, "Bay of Pigs". Ten years later I figured out what he was talking about.

Since Jack, we've had LBJ get us deeper into Vietnam, Nixon get us out, Ford help us forget, Carter get us questioning our own worth, Reagan bringing back our dignity, Bush riding his coat-tails, Clinton giving us eight years of prosperity, and Bush...........well, uno my position on him by now. I'll spare the speech this time. You owe me one!

The bottom line is not what they're doing, it's what are we going to do about it at the next election. When I say we, I speaking to we the American voters of America that reside on both sides of the aisle. The most important thing is to PARTICIPATE in the political process. People that are apathetic and refuse to vote cause they don't like their options, can go f.....ind there inner peace somewhere else.

How about that Vauge, I almost slipped again. Sorry about the first time.

Now here's the Conservative mindset on what I just said:
"What the hell does that have to do with this thread? Take it to the basement, if all you want to do is rant about everything under the sun!"

Um, mate? Kerry lost the election. You can stop stressing over him.

Kerry will go down in history as a flawed candidate.........The tragedy for the dems is if they would have nominated a moderate like Leiberman President Bush could have been had......I probably would have voted for him........The sad part is Leiberman did not even win one primary........The democratic party has swung so far to the far left that no moderate candidate could every win that parties nomination........Until they drop leaders like Kerry, Kennedy and Dean they will continue to lose elections...........

Navy Pride said:
Kerry will go down in history as a flawed candidate.........The tragedy for the dems is if they would have nominated a moderate like Leiberman President Bush could have been had......I probably would have voted for him........The sad part is Leiberman did not even win one primary........The democratic party has swung so far to the far left that no moderate candidate could every win that parties nomination........Until they drop leaders like Kerry, Kennedy and Dean they will continue to lose elections...........

Leiberman & Gephardt had a shot at my vote...But the party wanted to go the other way...

cnredd said:
Leiberman & Gephardt had a shot at my vote...But the party wanted to go the other way...

And its still going the other way..Can you say Howard Dean and some of his ridiculous ravings?

Navy Pride said:
And its still going the other way..Can you say Howard Dean and some of his ridiculous ravings?

Navy Pride, I don't think we will ever agree on anything: I thought Kerry was moderate: I was all for Dean.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom