• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Conservative Media - aren't they happy?

Aunt Spiker

Cheese
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
I'm a bit baffled over this, really.

The Conservative media has been pushing against the healthcare reform for years. Now, they're constantly (obsessively) grating over the fact that the online sign-up site, the computer based system, isn't working right and people can't sign up.

Shouldn't they be happy? They're running this 'glitch' into the ground as if it's bad, very bad. Yet they talked about the healthcare as being bad, very bad.

Do they need some help? Maybe some Lithium.

The Conservative media has been pushing against the healthcare reform for years. Now, they're constantly (obsessively) grating over the fact that the online sign-up site, the computer based system, isn't working right and people can't sign up.

Shouldn't they be happy? They're running this 'glitch' into the ground as if it's bad, very bad. Yet they talked about the healthcare as being bad, very bad.

Well, they figured out that lithium was covered under ACA and kneejerked against it.;)

Of course they're happy about it. It gives them something to rant about, and they didn't even have to make it up.

You are mischaracterizing their gripes a bit aren't ya?

You are mischaracterizing their gripes a bit aren't ya?

No, they're upset that people can't engage in a program that they didn't support.

They're trying to make the admin look bad in a "they can't do anything right" sort of way, but it's not working. If they mean something else, it's not coming across. Of course, I'm not sitting and watching their junk 24/7. I saw the same report yesterday while at the bank, and last week when my husband was watching the news, and again just this morning.

The same thing over and over - it's, "day seven, and people still can't use the website to sign up for Obamacare!"

If I'm not actively watching Fox, et . . . and instead I'm only catching random snippets of their news broadcasting, and it's all the same stuff, then they have serious issues.

I bet you if I turned it on right now they'd still be saying the same thing.

No, they're upset that people can't engage in a program that they didn't support.

They're trying to make the admin look bad in a "they can't do anything right" sort of way, but it's not working. If they mean something else, it's not coming across. Of course, I'm not sitting and watching their junk 24/7. I saw the same report yesterday while at the bank, and last week when my husband was watching the news, and again just this morning.

The same thing over and over - it's, "day seven, and people still can't use the website to sign up for Obamacare!"

If I'm not actively watching Fox, et . . . and instead I'm only catching random snippets of their news broadcasting, and it's all the same stuff, then they have serious issues.

I bet you if I turned it on right now they'd still be saying the same thing.

They are basically criticizing the regime for forcing a program onto people that isn't even ready for Prime Time. They are pointing out the flaws of the program, and why it should be delayed at least if not repealed.

I do think this shutdown is a needless and knew jerk reaction to something that would have been better to let the voters in 2014 decide, as in who controls the senate. I do know back when the ACA was passed, 58% of Americans opposed it and then the knee jerk reaction to its passage was to throw 63 Democratic Representatives and 6 senators out off office. The voters were saying if you ignore us and don't listen, out you go. That was 2010. Today the RCP average of 8 polls show 51% of Americans still against the ACA and 40% in favor. A narrowing of the gap to be sure, but how much of that narrows is reluctant acceptance to the fact that it is here to stay?

I think the Republicans if they had just left defunding of the ACA off the CR and decided to make the ACA the major election issue in November of next year, they had a reasonable chance of picking up the six seats they needed to gain control. I think they are in the process of blowing that out of the water now.

I think it's more of an I told you so type of thing.

I do think this shutdown is a needless and knew jerk reaction to something that would have been better to let the voters in 2014 decide, as in who controls the senate.

The voters already decided in 2008, 2010, and 2012

I do know back when the ACA was passed, 58% of Americans opposed it

Untrue unless you picking one poll.

And if you think this issue should be decided by polls, then you should look at the polls which show americans oppose shutting down the govt over defunding ACA

Yes they did, and they voted to keep a clear republican majority in the House.

And if you think this issue should be decided by polls, then you should look at the polls which show americans oppose shutting down the govt over defunding ACA

Well since there's no longer talk of defunding Obamacare that's neither here nor there.

I do too, oppose shutting down the government over the ACA. I think it is stupid. But I used RCP averages and as of today that RCP average is 40.3 for 50.6 against the ACA. One can say if they look at the graph that except from April of 2012 thru June 2012, those opposed except for maybe a week or two has been over 50% and even then the average was 48% oppose to 42% for. Just a quick glance at the graph one can easily see the difference between 10-15% gap in the favor of oppose to those who favored the ACA.

Well, let's flip it.

Do you think that anti-war activists were happy, or mad, at the Bush Administrations' initial bungling of the post-invasion Iraq War?

Back
Top Bottom