• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Conservative Koch network disavows critical race theory bans

Which is the most Conservative?

• Total voters

Empirica

~Transcend~
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Who is actually "Conservative" here?
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — By THOMAS BEAUMONT yesterday
As conservative political groups mobilize to ban in schools what they call critical race theory, one prominent backer of Republican causes and candidates is notably absent.
Leaders in the network built by the billionaire Koch family say they oppose government bans over teaching about race and history in schools. While they note they don’t agree with the ideas at the center of the fight, they argue the government bans, now enacted in 11 states, stifle debate essential to democracy.
“Using government to ban ideas, even those we disagree with, is also counter to core American principles — the principles that help drive social progress,” said Evan Feinberg, executive director of the Koch-affiliated Stand Together Foundation.

I'm not promoting or condoning the banning of speech, ideas or information but the age of the recipients must always be taken into consideration.
And since "critical race theory" is obviously racist hate propaganda it should never be used to corrupt the fragile young minds of susceptible children.
At the appropriate level of cognition
to recognize the difference in information and propaganda; these subjects will and should be open to discussion.

So...the people who tried to prevent a little black girl from attending a white school in 1957
are opposed to their grandchildren learning about how they tried to PREVENT a little black
girl from attending school in 1957.

1633027915882.png

Tellus you have no clue what CRT is and where its actually taught without telling us you have no clue what CRT is and where its actually taught LMAO
Who is actually "Conservative" here?
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — By THOMAS BEAUMONT yesterday
As conservative political groups mobilize to ban in schools what they call critical race theory, one prominent backer of Republican causes and candidates is notably absent.
Leaders in the network built by the billionaire Koch family say they oppose government bans over teaching about race and history in schools. While they note they don’t agree with the ideas at the center of the fight, they argue the government bans, now enacted in 11 states, stifle debate essential to democracy.
“Using government to ban ideas, even those we disagree with, is also counter to core American principles — the principles that help drive social progress,” said Evan Feinberg, executive director of the Koch-affiliated Stand Together Foundation.

I'm not promoting or condoning the banning of speech, ideas or information but the age of the recipients must always be taken into consideration.
And since "critical race theory" is obviously racist hate propaganda it should never be used to corrupt the fragile young minds of susceptible children.
At the appropriate level of cognition
to recognize the difference in information and propaganda; these subjects will and should be open to discussion.
LMAO tell us you have no idea what CRT is and where its taught . . . without telling us you have no idea what CRT is and where its taught

#Fail

CRT is not taught in k-12. next.
Lie. If it were not there would be no pushback from state education bans of the ideas and concepts. But there is.

Also, there are examples all over if you care to search for them.

The Lonesome Death Of Hattie Carroll
Bob Dylan

William Zanzinger killed poor Hattie Carroll,
With a cane that he twirled around his diamond ring finger
At a Baltimore hotel society gath'rin',
And the cops were called in and his weapon took from him
As they rode him in custody down to the station,
And booked William Zanzinger for first-degree murder.
But you who philosophize, disgrace and criticize all fears,
Take the rag away from your face, now ain't the time for
Your tears.

William Zanzinger, who at twenty-four years,
Owns a tobacco farm of six hundred acres
With rich wealthy parents who provide and protect him,
And high office relations in the politics of Maryland,
Reacted to his deed with a shrug of his shoulders,
And swear words and sneering, and his tongue it was
Snarling,
In a matter of minutes on bail was out walking.

Your tears.

Hattie Carroll was a maid of the kitchen.
She was fifty-one years old and gave birth to ten children
Who carried the dishes and took out the garbage,
And never sat once at the head of the table
And didn't even talk to the people at the table,
Who just cleaned up all the food from the table,
And emptied the ashtrays on a whole other level,
Got killed by a blow, lay slain by a cane
That sailed through the air and came down through the room,
Doomed and determined to destroy all the gentle.
And she never done nothing to William Zanzinger.

Your tears.

In the courtroom of honor, the judge pounded his gavel,
To show that all's equal and that the courts are on the
Level
And that the strings in the books ain't pulled and
Persuaded,
And that even the nobles get properly handled
Once that the cops have chased after and caught 'em,
And that the ladder of law has no top and no bottom,
Stared at the person who killed for no reason,
Who just happened to be feelin' that way without warnin'.
And he spoke through his cloak, most deep and distinguished,
And handed out strongly, for penalty and repentance,
William Zanzinger with a six-month sentence.

Oh, but you who philosophize, disgrace and criticize all
Fears,
Bury the rag deep in your face, for now's the time for your
Tears.

So...the people who tried to prevent a little black girl from attending a white school in 1957
are opposed to their grandchildren learning about how they tried to PREVENT a little black
girl from attending school in 1957.

View attachment 67356126
*sigh* Why do you insist on lying?

I don't know what schools you went to, but the ones i went to covered slavery and the Jim Crow era and MLK's Civil Rights marches.

Banning CRT is not about banning "history of slavery" et al. It's about banning race-shaming, divisive horseshit peddled by radical Leftists.

I don't know what schools you went to, but the ones i went to covered slavery and the Jim Crow era and MLK's Civil Rights marches.

Banning CRT is not about banning "history of slavery" et al. It's about banning race-shaming, divisive horseshit peddled by radical Leftists.

We aren't talking about what you were taught, we're talking about what YOU and your Trump loving buddies are having a shit fit about right now.
What you (and I) were taught back then won't be allowed if this nonsense is permitted to continue.

I wouldn't want that taught either but that's not actual CRT, the false narrative invented by nutters and spread by FOX etc 🤷‍♂️

Lie. If it were not there would be no pushback from state education bans of the ideas and concepts. But there is.

Also, there are examples all over if you care to search for them.

Your first link is a crappy opinion piece from a crappy source.

Your second link has a pay wall.

Your third link includes this:

As a curriculum subject, critical race theory is largely the purview of university law schools and graduate programmes.

As a curriculum subject, critical race theory is largely the purview of university law schools and graduate programmes.

the problem is, nutters and fox just call things being taught/discussed CRT, that doesn't actually make it CRT curriculum but people are stupid and fall for it anyway.

And it's only become an issue since the right saw they couldn't win elections if all the black and brown people voted. Amazing how all these issues come up after Trump's loss. It's all a bunch of hypocritical BS.

You're the people who are raising hell about social media cutting off certain people, saying we all have a right to hear their opinions. So maybe I want my kids to hear the opinions of some of the real educated CRT teachers. No difference whatsoever.

And it's only become an issue since the right saw they couldn't win elections if all the black and brown people voted. Amazing how all these issues come up after Trump's loss. It's all a bunch of hypocritical BS.

You're the people who are raising hell about social media cutting off certain people, saying we all have a right to hear their opinions. So maybe I want my kids to hear the opinions of some of the real educated CRT teachers. No difference whatsoever.
You're not allowed to hear that.

"largely"

PS the USA today source is not pay wall'ed.

The USA article is about one teacher's opinion.
Is it now? Why did you lie?

One teacher's opinion about what the curricula was, which isn't in dispute.

Any other deflections you care to toss or do you want to admit you were mistaken?

Is it now? Why did you lie?

One teacher's opinion about what the curricula was, which isn't in dispute.

Any other deflections you care to toss or do you want to admit you were mistaken?
Opinions are not truth. If you have something other than that teacher's opinion that CRT (not some made-up definition) was being taught in the school, by all means share it.

“The only remedy to past discrimination is present discrimination. The only remedy to present discrimination is future discrimination.” Dr. Ibram Kendi

I certainly do not think that teaching this philosophy to our children is productive.

Opinions are not truth. If you have something other than that teacher's opinion that CRT (not some made-up definition) was being taught in the school, by all means share it.
Which is your opinion. This is why you never source to a progressive, they shit all over the source instead of examining it. FYI, 3 sources and you have yet to examine any of them.

Which is your opinion. This is why you never source to a progressive, they shit all over the source instead of examining it. FYI, 3 sources and you have yet to examine any of them.
Everything in every single source is trash. It's not our job to police your ignorance and stupidity.

Back
Top Bottom