• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Conservative ‘Christian’ Leader Says Women Should Be Banned From Being Leaders

Not surprising, most Christian denominations ban women from holding leadership positions within their churches. It's their job to shut up and be subservient, not be leaders.

One either believes the Bible or they don't.

1 Timothy 2:11-15King James Version (KJV)

11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

Not surprising, most Christian denominations ban women from holding leadership positions within their churches. It's their job to shut up and be subservient, not be leaders.

Do you honestly believe that, or are you purposefully spreading disinformation?

"If Trump Is Nominee, Evangelicals Will Stay Home Again:
What will happen when evangelicals realize that Donald Trump is anything but an evangelical?"Bryan Fischer, 1/26/16

Christians are duty bound to engage in the democratic process and choose candidates on a scriptural and moral basis."-Bryan Fischer, 2/1/16

"Trump's personal attacks on his opponents lacks presidential civility and personal character."-Bryan Fischer, 3/26/2016, on why Trump is not to be voted for, due to his lack of Christian knowledge, upbringing, and values.

"Look, I'm going to vote for Trump because he's a man."-Bryan Fischer, comments as per this thread's article.

Apparently our holy man sacrifices his principles regularly. Another full of **** Protestant evangelical voting for Trump.

Last edited:
This story is from a self-professed leftist tabloid.......lets just call it what it is. Trash.

I mean, Bryan Fisher....... a "prominent conservative Christian"??? Give me a break. Does anyone really know or care who this idiot is?

Have you listened to the video clip from Bryan Fisher??? Care to comment on his words?

Have you listened to the video clip from Bryan Fisher??? Care to comment on his words?

Yes I did. A waste of 2 minutes of my life. He's an idiot with a very narrow audience....who cares what his opinion is and why would I bother commenting on such dribble?

This story is from a self-professed leftist tabloid.......lets just call it what it is. Trash.

I mean, Bryan Fisher....... a "prominent conservative Christian"??? Give me a break. Does anyone really know or care who this idiot is?

I had to Google to learn that Fischer is associated with the American Family Association and is infamous for his claim that homosexuality gave us Adolph Hitler. :roll:

Meh, Bryan Fisher is the lowest hanging fruit.

The guy is the absolute definition of Talibornagain.

I had to Google to learn that Fischer is associated with the American Family Association and is infamous for his claim that homosexuality gave us Adolph Hitler. :roll:
Ha! Claiming Fisher is a "prominent" Conservative Christian is like claiming that Westboro Baptists are indicative of all Christians. It's absurd.

Maybe most in the US, but mainstream Christianity here women are equal to men. My church had a gay preacher for nine years.

The crafted image of the ultra conservative moralist Christian has died everywhere but the Bible belt in the US.

Myself, I consider the "morality" teachings of the church to be antiquated and a result of the middle ages. Some people's simply never mature, and as a result, like all religions there are sects that get it wrong, and America's "evangelical movement" likes to like in the middle ages. Most of them I see worship money, not God

I could have taken the rest of your post more seriously if not for that last indefensible sentence.

"If Trump Is Nominee, Evangelicals Will Stay Home Again:
What will happen when evangelicals realize that Donald Trump is anything but an evangelical?"Bryan Fischer, 1/26/16

Christians are duty bound to engage in the democratic process and choose candidates on a scriptural and moral basis."-Bryan Fischer, 2/1/16

"Trump's personal attacks on his opponents lacks presidential civility and personal character."-Bryan Fischer, 3/26/2016, on why Trump is not to be voted for, due to his lack of Christian knowledge, upbringing, and values.

"Look, I'm going to vote for Trump because he's a man."-Bryan Fischer, comments as per this thread's article.

Apparently our holy man sacrifices his principles regularly. Another full of **** Protestant evangelical voting for Trump.

Pretty much that. The Christian "leadership" has had as many giant moral failings this cycle as the "conservative" "leadership" has.

However, I've never heard of him.

Maybe most in the US, but mainstream Christianity here women are equal to men. My church had a gay preacher for nine years.

The crafted image of the ultra conservative moralist Christian has died everywhere but the Bible belt in the US.

Myself, I consider the "morality" teachings of the church to be antiquated and a result of the middle ages. Some people's simply never mature, and as a result, like all religions there are sects that get it wrong, and America's "evangelical movement" likes to like in the middle ages. Most of them I see worship money, not God

You're right that the bible belt is far, far worse about it than most other parts of the world. The Catholic church however is world wide and adamantly opposed to women in any major leadership role, i.e. priests. I'm glad your church is pretty enlightened.

You're right that the bible belt is far, far worse about it than most other parts of the world. The Catholic church however is world wide and adamantly opposed to women in any major leadership role, i.e. priests. I'm glad your church is pretty enlightened.

That's not true. They are only opposed to the ordination of women. Women, occupy about 85% of the lay minister and staff positions within the Catholic church. This includes leadership roles such as: chancellor, chief financial officer, superintendent of schools and even senior pastoral roles like "pastoral life director". The only positions not open to women are positions requiring ordination.

Good analysis, many lies are hidden by a grain of truth.

Spend a year in Bolivia and get back to us.

That's not true. They are only opposed to the ordination of women. Women, occupy about 85% of the lay minister and staff positions within the Catholic church. This includes leadership roles such as: chancellor, chief financial officer, superintendent of schools and even senior pastoral roles like "pastoral life director". The only positions not open to women are positions requiring ordination.

There is even talk about allowing women to become deacons (probably won't happen), but the concept has been raised by Pope Francis.

There is even talk about allowing women to become deacons (probably won't happen), but the concept has been raised by Pope Francis.

Right. Catholics don't have any problems with women being in leadership positions. What they have a problem with is women being ordained. This means they can't perform any sacraments. In Catholicism there are only 7 sacraments. So, in essence this is what women cannot do in the Catholic church:

1. Baptise people
2. Administer the Eucharist (perform communion)
3. Take confessions
4. Confirm anyone into the faith
5. Perform marriage ceremonies
6. Ordain other priests
7. Perform the last rights

That's it. Not a single one of those is related to leadership. The Catholic church is overflowing with female leaders.

I don't actually agree with Catholics on this. I believe women should be eligible for every position men are. But let's not lie about Catholics. The fact is there are countless female leaders in the Catholic church.

If a woman is well versed in looking after children, a really important responsibility, then they should be able to look after adults too. they are always considered worthy to be nurses, so they should be allowed to look after others, even adults in an old age home.

The women are always managing affairs of their husbands. this doesn't mean the woman cannot work - they cook and clean all day long, managing everyone's schedule - and therefore if they can look after their husband at home, they can look after them at work too?

Now, the women need to be listened to. look at margret thatcher - she fixed up britain at once point. angela merkel did not get where she is and stayed where she is by some sympathy - she earned that position and kept it, even though there would have been support from the private sector getting rid of her, as the big business people always are men, and saying that they are better than their secretaries, which is what they would have been saying had they said it, would have been supported.

So, yes, women belong in positions of responsibility, and, therefore, power.

Completely untrue.

Back
Top Bottom