• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Conserva-Salesmen LIE about Obamas Trip to India!

The Giant Noodle

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Well here is ANOTHER gem from Racheal Maddow! I really dont like EITHER Party but when you have someone like Rachel come in and make Conservative Spin Doctors look SO bad..... I just get goose pimples!!!! :giggle: And other pimples. I actually breakout. I rub my Noodle with Benadryl so Im OK. I itch a lot though.

[video]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/#40018314[/video]

The absolute temerity and nerve of Rachel Maddow to take the actual words and behavior of such people as Bachmann, Hannity, Beck, Limbaugh and other on the right and contrast that with actual facts and then make them look like complete fools. How dare she do such a thing. We need a strong law in this nation regulating when anyone can use the picture, words and even the name of others.

In a more enlightened era people like Maddow were burned at the stake for heresy.;)

Well here is ANOTHER gem from Racheal Maddow! I really dont like EITHER Party but when you have someone like Rachel come in and make Conservative Spin Doctors look SO bad..... I just get goose pimples!!!! :giggle: And other pimples. I actually breakout. I rub my Noodle with Benadryl so Im OK. I itch a lot though.

I don't get how people can not like Beck and Limbaugh - partially citing "their over-acting antics" but then watch Maddow.
They're all the same to me. They sound the same when they talk, they use the same tone and shrill ear piercing antics.

And all you end up *learning* from watching any of them is that they don't like each other much and they all buy into painting an entire party as 'wretched' just because of a few buffoons.

People claim that Rachel's opposition in the media represent or capture the Right/Conservatives . . . and they find that leadership to be disturbing (whether it's actually true is a different debate altogether).
But I find it just as disturbing that those same people who feel that way about the Right/Conservatives - look to Maddow and Olbermann for leadership :shrug:

Isn't it all the same in the end? Some ditsy idiots looks to media blabber mouths to decide what to think?

when it comes to these talking heads the only thing they all seem to agree on is that the opposition-party is full of morons, idiots, tards who can't read and fools who don't think.

Why the need to be so offensive and run the others into the ground? I don't get it.
I don't get the tactics from all the dribblers- Right, Centrist, Left. . . . they're all the same and they seem to be the only real idiots at the helm these days.

Last edited:
I don't get how people can not like Beck and Limbaugh - partially citing "their over-acting antics" but then watch Maddow.
They're all the same to me. They sound the same when they talk, they use the same tone and shrill ear piercing antics.

And all you end up *learning* from watching any of them is that they don't like each other much and they all buy into painting an entire party as 'wretched' just because of a few buffoons.

People claim that Rachel's opposition in the media represent or capture the Right/Conservatives . . . and they find that leadership to be disturbing (whether it's actually true is a different debate altogether).
But I find it just as disturbing that those same people who feel that way about the Right/Conservatives - look to Maddow and Olbermann for leadership :shrug:

Isn't it all the same in the end? Some ditsy idiots looks to media blabber mouths to decide what to think?

when it comes to these talking heads the only thing they all seem to agree on is that the opposition-party is full of morons, idiots, tards who can't read and fools who don't think.

Why the need to be so offensive and run the others into the ground? I don't get it.
I don't get the tactics from all the dribblers- Right, Centrist, Left. . . . they're all the same and they seem to be the only real idiots at the helm these days.

Fox seldom plays the same games as MSNBC. Fox does it's own thing and MSNBC's thing is trashing Fox. Without Fox, MSNBC wouldn't exist. Not the same for Fox. They don't need MSNBC to survive and thrive.

Fox seldom plays the same games as MSNBC. Fox does it's own thing and MSNBC's thing is trashing Fox. Without Fox, MSNBC wouldn't exist. Not the same for Fox. They don't need MSNBC to survive and thrive.

Either that or exposing misinformation is a business in itself now. :roll:

As the ratings difference will attest.

the ratings FOX gets are small compared to the number of American people. Less than 3% of the American people are watching even the highest rated FOX NEWS show at any given time.

the ratings FOX gets are small compared to the number of American people. Less than 3% of the American people are watching even the highest rated FOX NEWS show at any given time.

I'm sorry you think that is trivial.

3% of all people in America sitting down to watch anything at the same time seems pretty amazing to me. FOX is Awesome!:elephantf

it happens all the time... and then some ..... on other stations every night of the week and has been going on for years

/devils advocate

WOW that makes the other stations look even crappier.

/devils advocate

Actually what it tells us is that even the most "successful" cable station operation is fairly small potatoes compared to the traditional networks. Last night NBC put George Bush on for an hour in prime time to discuss his book. 7 million people watched and it finished last in its time slot among the networks and is labeled as a bomb. The same number tune in at one point or another to the FOX election night coverage and the numbers are heralded as a major success. Its all part of the niche market and the increasing destruction of our common society in favor of narrow groupings of people in much narrower demographic groups.

The political chattering class - and that includes us here who follow politics and comment about it regularly- would do well to keep the bigger picture in mind when we talk about numbers and their meaning.

Including accomodation and local expenses you'll be looking into about US$ 400/day, air ticket will vary depending on which airline and class you are travelling in.

The absolute temerity and nerve of Rachel Maddow to take the actual words and behavior of such people as Bachmann, Hannity, Beck, Limbaugh and other on the right and contrast that with actual facts and then make them look like complete fools. How dare she do such a thing. We need a strong law in this nation regulating when anyone can use the picture, words and even the name of others.

In a more enlightened era people like Maddow were burned at the stake for heresy.;)

Uhhhh.... maybe you missed something. Ya see Fox News consistantly lies about various things to make anyone BUT Republicans look bad. And Rachel is actually calling them on it. If you were to NOT side with Rachel in this case, then you are siding with lies and propaganda. But hey..... if you want to be lied to and take that all in as truth then be my guest but please dont vote.

I'm sorry you think that is trivial.

3% of all people in America sitting down to watch anything at the same time seems pretty amazing to me. FOX is Awesome!

Fox News is one of the worst things that has happened to America in the last 15 years. They arent even NEWS. They are a propaganda machine that feeds lies and disception to folks that enjoy getting spoon-fed BS instead of watching a TRUE news station.

Last edited:
They're all the same to me.

While I don't watch/listen to any of the political talking heads on a regular basis, I find that those who've got an actual education are generally more reliable in their commentary than those who do not:

Maddow earned a degree in public policy from Stanford University in 1994. At graduation she was awarded the John Gardner Fellowship. She was also the recipient of a Rhodes Scholarship and began her postgraduate study in 1995 at Lincoln College, Oxford. In 2001, she earned a Doctorate in Philosophy (DPhil) in politics from Oxford University.

Glenn Beck – high school diploma

Rush Limbaugh - high school diploma

:shrug:

While I don't watch/listen to any of the political talking heads on a regular basis, I find that those who've got an actual education are generally more reliable in their commentary than those who do not:

Maddow earned a degree in public policy from Stanford University in 1994. At graduation she was awarded the John Gardner Fellowship. She was also the recipient of a Rhodes Scholarship and began her postgraduate study in 1995 at Lincoln College, Oxford. In 2001, she earned a Doctorate in Philosophy (DPhil) in politics from Oxford University.

Glenn Beck – high school diploma

Rush Limbaugh - high school diploma

:shrug:

Keith Olbermann: 'affiliated' state college at Cornell, the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences... ooooooooooo... intellectual powerhouses galore there, huh. So much for his 'Ivy league' edumacashun.

Keith Olbermann: 'affiliated' state college at Cornell, the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences... ooooooooooo... intellectual powerhouses galore there, huh. So much for his 'Ivy league' edumacashun.

Why are you putting down people who go to Agricultural colleges? This really smacks of a smug elitism that borders on effete snobbery. Our late Vice President Spiro Agnew would have let you have it for a comment like that. This comment could be taken as evidence just how out of touch with the common people some on the right are.

i have nothing but respect for people who go to agricultural colleges. Thank God for them and their way of life. God Bless America and all the American people no matter what snob may disrespect them.

Why are you putting down people who go to Agricultural colleges? This really smacks of a smug elitism that borders on effete snobbery. Our late Vice President Spiro Agnew would have let you have it for a comment like that. This comment could be taken as evidence just how out of touch with the common people some on the right are.

i have nothing but respect for people who go to agricultural colleges. Thank God for them and their way of life. God Bless America and all the American people no matter what snob may disrespect them.

yeah... that's exactly what I was doing :rolleyes:

But it is the way it came off. Your desire to lash out at Olbermann is really no excuse for attacking Agricultural colleges or putting down the intellect of anyone - and that includes Mr. Olbermann - who attends them.

Apparently, your edumacashun didn't include training in proper research skills. Instead, you rely on the always-questionable Anne Coulter for your "facts." Big shock, that. :roll:

1. Cornell's College of Arts and Sciences is the original private institution founded in 1865 as part of the “Ancient Eight” Ivy League institutions. There are seven undergraduate colleges that make up Cornell University, as well as a few graduate schools. All of them confer degrees that say "CORNELL UNIVERSITY" on them.

2. Don’t Let Anybody Tell You This Is "Just An Agriculture School:" This is more of an issue with people outside of the school than with people inside, but some of you may know the occasional scoundrel that will (mockingly or otherwise) belittle you for attending an "agriculture school." If you encounter any of these people, feel free to make them feel like idiots my boasting how CALS has the second best business program in the Ivy League, an excellent biology program, and other top degrees. CALS is a great school and nothing to be ashamed of. --Cornell Insider

3. Olbermann enrolled at Cornell University in 1975 at the age of 16 and graduated in 1979 with a Bachelor's Degree in Communications.

Evidently, his studies in communications have served him quite well in his chosen career.

Apparently, your edumacashun didn't include training in proper research skills. Instead, you rely on the always-questionable Anne Coulter for your "facts." Big shock, that. :roll:

1. Cornell's College of Arts and Sciences is the original private institution founded in 1865 as part of the “Ancient Eight” Ivy League institutions. There are seven undergraduate colleges that make up Cornell University, as well as a few graduate schools. All of them confer degrees that say "CORNELL UNIVERSITY" on them.

2. Don’t Let Anybody Tell You This Is "Just An Agriculture School:" This is more of an issue with people outside of the school than with people inside, but some of you may know the occasional scoundrel that will (mockingly or otherwise) belittle you for attending an "agriculture school." If you encounter any of these people, feel free to make them feel like idiots my boasting how CALS has the second best business program in the Ivy League, an excellent biology program, and other top degrees. CALS is a great school and nothing to be ashamed of. --Cornell Insider

3. Olbermann enrolled at Cornell University in 1975 at the age of 16 and graduated in 1979 with a Bachelor's Degree in Communications.

Evidently, his studies in communications have served him quite well in his chosen career.

home run, ma'am.

How about getting a "thrill" up your leg like Matthews. :rofl

Glinda said:
Apparently, your edumacashun didn't include training in proper research skills. Instead, you rely on the always-questionable Anne Coulter for your "facts." Big shock, that.

home run, ma'am.

Strike 1:The AG school affiliated with Cornell is certainly NOT Ivy League. Not by any real standard.
Strike 2:Olbermann did not get in following the strict standards set by Cornell itself, but those lesser standards of the affiliated aggie.
Strike 3:Even 'real Ivy League schools consider the AG school as 'less' than Ivy League...
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/22/nyregion/22image.html?pagewanted=print
"Much of the Ivy League has looked at us and said, 'Oh, you're the farm school,' " he said, referring to Cornell's agricultural college.

funny-fail-pics-baseball-fail.jpg

Whovian
I would respectfully ask you to explore the irony with your post taking this snobbish position about Cornell and your own signature blasting Olbermann calling him a "smug elitist"?

Whovian
I would respectfully ask you to explore the irony with your post taking this snobbish position about Cornell and your own signature blasting Olbermann calling him a "smug elitist"?

And I would point out that what university one attends or does not attend is not the only thing that makes them an elitist.

And I would agree with you. But that is not the message you are sending with your posts on the subject of Olbermann and the college he attended. You are sending exactly the contrary message.

Back
Top Bottom