• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Connecticut man freaks over seeing legal open carry, gets arrested

This scene might of cause irreparable damage to the heart and mind.

Fashion-Accessory.jpg

PS I don't think they should press charges against the guy. I think he has learned his lesson and I hope the state would take pity on an unintentional mistake which was meant to help.

This of course makes it no less funny.

Yeah sure - everyone laughs at him but when someone makes his way onto a military base, or into a school library, or god knows where else - with a gun in the open - and then kills people . . . people scream HOW THE **** DID HE JUST WALK AROUND CARRYING A FIREARM.

So - what's the message here? We should assume everyone with a firearm is legally carrying? Or we should assume everyone with a firearm is illegally carrying?

<Insert facepalm jpg here>

Make up your ****ing minds, people.

What he should have done differently was write more than "Gun" on the note - that's what should be focused on. NOT the fact that he was paying attention. What if the other guy was up to no good? If that was the case - it could have been a disaster adverted.

I'm not about to make a innocent bystander who thought they were doing the right thing into the bad guy.

If you open carry you should ACCEPT that people might assume you're carrying with ill intent. You shouldn't be surprised when people get nervous and worried in our culture of mass-murders and shooting sprees. :doh

Yeah sure - everyone laughs at him but when someone makes his way onto a military base, or into a school library, or god knows where else - with a gun in the open - and then kills people . . . people scream HOW THE **** DID HE JUST WALK AROUND CARRYING A FIREARM.

So - what's the message here? We should assume everyone with a firearm is legally carrying? Or we should assume everyone with a firearm is illegally carrying?

What he should have done differently was write more than "Gun" on the note - that's what should be focused on. NOT the fact that he was paying attention. What if the other guy was up to no good? If that was the case - it could have been a disaster adverted.

I'm not about to make a innocent bystander who thought they were doing the right thing into the bad guy.

If you open carry you should ACCEPT that people might assume you're carrying with ill intent. You shouldn't be surprised when people get nervous and worried in our culture of mass-murders and shooting sprees. :doh

No. The message here is you don't pass notes to a teller in a state where you can legally open carry. The DC shooting, well they have no open carry. What does this tell you? your comparison is apples and oranges.

No. The message here is you don't pass notes to a teller in a state where you can legally open carry. The DC shooting, well they have no open carry. What does this tell you? your comparison is apples and oranges.

So - you think that's all this is about? Open carry VS not open carry?

No, there's more to it than that. These mass murders can - and have - happened in both types of said-governed states :doh

PS I don't think they should press charges against the guy. I think he has learned his lesson and I hope the state would take pity on an unintentional mistake which was meant to help.

This of course makes it no less funny.
Nah, screw him. I've seen stories of honest gun owners being harassed in carry friendly stores for years because idiots like this guy overreacted and called the cops. There was one where an officer was in the middle of clearing a group carrying when some liberal douche took it upon himself to start lecturing them on guns, that guy could have been arrested for obstruction. When people panic and call police for open carry or firearms holders doing nothing wrong they waste police resources. The minimum they should be charged with is false reporting.

So - you think that's all this is about? Open carry VS not open carry?

No, there's more to it than that. These mass murders can - and have - happened in both types of said-governed states :doh

In your comparison it definitely makes a difference. Yes that is what your post amounts to... Apples and Oranges. It is a bad example.

Nah, screw him. I've seen stories of honest gun owners being harassed in carry friendly stores for years because idiots like this guy overreacted and called the cops. There was one where an officer was in the middle of clearing a group carrying when some liberal douche took it upon himself to start lecturing them on guns, that guy could have been arrested for obstruction. When people panic and call police for open carry or firearms holders doing nothing wrong they waste police resources. The minimum they should be charged with is false reporting.

maybe. All the guy did was pass a note.

maybe. All the guy did was pass a note.
Sure, but these are the types that always overreact to anything and beg the state to put the hammer down on their fellow citizens, let him experience the hammer and maybe he will learn something.

Sure, but these are the types that always overreact to anything and beg the state to put the hammer down on their fellow citizens, let him experience the hammer and maybe he will learn something.

Can't agree man. The law is not about "revenge" it's supposed to be about "justice." Convicting this man of a crime would not serve justice in my opinion.

Can't agree man. The law is not about "revenge" it's supposed to be about "justice." Convicting this man of a crime would not serve justice in my opinion.
Normally I would agree with you, and with me it's not even about revenge, but about someone finally learning firsthand what they are asking for. Technically he didn't commit any crime, legally it's up to the interpretation of the teller, if they decide his story "doesn't make sense" he is now a felon. If nothing else they could let him sweat a week or so and then drop the charges.

Normally I would agree with you, and with me it's not even about revenge, but about someone finally learning firsthand what they are asking for. Technically he didn't commit any crime, legally it's up to the interpretation of the teller, if they decide his story "doesn't make sense" he is now a felon. If nothing else they could let him sweat a week or so and then drop the charges.

I would have no problem with that, lol. I just can't see wasting anymore time or money on a mistake.

In your comparison it definitely makes a difference. Yes that is what your post amounts to... Apples and Oranges. It is a bad example.

I didn't give a comparison - I pointed out that people seem to take two different views on issues like this wholly dependent on hindsight facts that the person directly involved with did not know and could not know at that time.

I'm not sure what you're trying to talk about.

I didn't give a comparison - I pointed out that people seem to take two different views on issues like this wholly dependent on hindsight facts that the person directly involved with did not know and could not know at that time.

I'm not sure what you're trying to talk about.

yes in a round about way you did...

You compared a non open carry state to an open carry state. It does not work as the incidents and laws are completely different.

yes in a round about way you did...

You compared a non open carry state to an open carry state. It does not work as the incidents and laws are completely different.

The part you highlighted in red: "Yeah sure - everyone laughs at him but when someone makes his way onto a military base..."

No - I wasn't contrasting an open carry with a conceal carry state in the 'legal sense'. . . I was talking about people's different responses to various situations. Such as: when one person engaged in violent activity while openly carrying (NOT referring to 'legally openly carrying - but illegally carrying a weapon) vs someone having one holstered in public with a permit.

My overall point was that people shouldn't be extremely UPSET when someone is concerned when they see a firearm on another person's body in public and questions whether it's legally carried or not. (By 'people shouldn't be upset' - I mean that you don't know if someone is legally permitted to have a firearm, or if they're up to no good, just by looking at them.)

The guy thought someone was trying to rob a bank - I don't fault him for that. Only in hindsight can we see how ridiculous his actions were. But - people do rob banks, so what if it was a real situation and that's what he did? The responses would be different, wouldn't they?

I don't know how else to explain my point. If you don't get what I'm trying to say then :shrug:

The part you highlighted in red: "Yeah sure - everyone laughs at him but when someone makes his way onto a military base..."

No - I wasn't contrasting an open carry with a conceal carry state in the 'legal sense'. . . I was talking about people's different responses to various situations. Such as: when one person engaged in violent activity while openly carrying (NOT referring to 'legally openly carrying - but illegally carrying a weapon) vs someone having one holstered in public with a permit.

My overall point was that people shouldn't be extremely UPSET when someone is concerned when they see a firearm on another person's body in public and questions whether it's legally carried or not. (By 'people shouldn't be upset' - I mean that you don't know if someone is legally permitted to have a firearm, or if they're up to no good, just by looking at them.)

The guy thought someone was trying to rob a bank - I don't fault him for that. Only in hindsight can we see how ridiculous his actions were. But - people do rob banks, so what if it was a real situation and that's what he did? The responses would be different, wouldn't they?

I don't know how else to explain my point. If you don't get what I'm trying to say then :shrug:

OK I see. Yep I missed that completely. I thought you were saying something completely different.

Hey don't you "shrug" at me, lol.

Back
Top Bottom