• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Connecticut girls lose support from Biden administration in transgender athlete case

Roadvirus

Heading North
Dungeon Master
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The Biden administration has withdrawn from a Connecticut lawsuit that aims to ban transgender athletes from competing in girls’ high school sports.

A group of three female runners sued state and local education officials after losing state titles to transgender athletes in 2018. Backers of the lawsuit contend that athletes who were born male have a natural and unfair advantage over competitors who were born female.

-skip-

The Department of Justice became involved in the case under former President Donald Trump, with former Attorney General Bill Barr filing a statement of interest in March 2020.

"The government has reconsidered the matter and hereby notifies the Court that it withdraws its Statement of Interest," the DOJ said, according to court documents filed Tuesday.

Connecticut girls lose support from Biden administration in transgender athlete case | Fox News

Biden helps the CHEATERS.

Biden helps the CHEATERS.
The SCOTUS already decided this.
G.G. v. Gloucester County School Board

On August 26, 2020, the U.S. Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals ruled in favor of Gavin Grimm, who as a sophomore at Gloucester County (Virginia) High School in 2014 was barred from using boys’ restrooms and filed a lawsuit resulting in a June 2016 Fourth Circuit decision that the term “sex” in the Title IX statute refers to gender identity, not biological gender at birth, and that to restrict a student’s use of school facilities because he is transgender constitutes illegal discrimination in violation of Equal Protection principles and Title IX law.

Although Idaho’s law was the first of its type to be enacted, similar legislation – including several proposed statutes containing a provision like one in Idaho’s mandating that schools perform intimate physical examinations of any student-athlete who is even suspected of being trans – has been introduced in more than a dozen states to ban transgender females from college and high school sports teams, despite actual evidence that trans athletes do not win every competition. In fact, in February 2020, just a few days after serving as one of the complainants in the OCR filing against the CIAC and one of the plaintiffs in the accompanying Soule federal lawsuit filed in Connecticut (see above), Chelsea Mitchell of Canton High School – a cisgender sprinter who claimed in the filings that she should not have to run against trans competitors because she had absolutely no chance of ever prevailing against them athletically – won the Connecticut Class S 55-meter dash state championship with a time of 7.18 seconds, edging Terry Miller of Bloomfield High School, one of the transgender girls specifically mentioned in the filings, who finished the race at 7.20 seconds.

My son asked me how he could become a medal winning athlete. I told him get your junk cut off and pretend to be a woman. It worked he's a member of the US women's Olympic track and field team coming up in Japan.

My son asked me how he could become a medal winning athlete. I told him get your junk cut off and pretend to be a woman. It worked he's a member of the US women's Olympic track and field team coming up in Japan.
So does your daughters choice piss you off?

Point of Information: No, the SCOTUS (Supreme Court of the United States) has NOT "decided this." Not per your own citation anyway.

The ruling your article cites is a Circuit Court ruling, which only applies specifically to the States subject to the Circuit it handles. States in other Circuits are not bound by the ruling, although if similar cases are brought in other Circuit Court jurisdictions, that Circuit Court ruling can be "persuasive." The more Circuit Courts that agree, the more persuasive. However, a different Circuit could still rule differently.

Only an actual SCOTUS decision binds all Circuits.

All we need to know about this crap is Fox reported it. That alone makes it a fictional story.

I am sure the OP did not watch Joe Biden's televised town hall in October. The mother of an eight-year old transgender girl asked him what he would do to help LGBT people. He said, "I will change the law."

All we need to know about this crap is Fox reported it. That alone makes it a fictional story.

I am sure the OP did not watch Joe Biden's televised town hall in October. The mother of an eight-year old transgender girl asked him what he would do to help LGBT people. He said, "I will change the law."

"8 year old transgender girl"
His parent(s) should be ashamed of themself(ves).
8 years old. Really.
An 8 year old. OK.
No further comment. :rolleyes:

"Eight-year old transgender girl" His parentd should be ashamed of themselves. Eight years old. Really. An eight-year old. OK. No further comment.

Why should her parents be ashamed of something they could not control? Gender dysphoria is a medically treated genetic condition, not taught.

"8 year old transgender girl"
His parent(s) should be ashamed of themself(ves).
8 years old. Really.
An 8 year old. OK.
No further comment. :rolleyes:
Why should her parents be ashamed because they got the care that she need when she was young instead of ignoring the gender problem until it became full-blown dysphoria and her outcome would be worse as an adult?

Why should her parents be ashamed because they got the care that she need when she was young instead of ignoring the gender problem until it became full-blown dysphoria and her outcome would be worse as an adult?

How do you know it will be better for him after the 8 year old becomes an adult? What happens when they realized they ****ed up at a later age and can't reverse the effects of drugs/hormones/etc?

What facts do you base the idea that a pre-teen child, especially one so young they haven't even entered school yet, has the capability of knowing what "sex" they really "identify" as?

Kids often identify with a preferred parent in their early developing years. Often boys with their mother's initially, and girls with their fathers. This will often result in childish "role-play" exhibited by mimicking that parent.

For example, my father was in military service, which meant he was often stationed far away. When I was 3 - 4 years old I was "mimicking" my mother. I was in no wise thinking I was a girl, I just wanted my mother's attention. So if she was painting her nails, or doing her hair I'd want her to do mine too. I'd walk in her shoes, want to try her clothing...just because I loved my mom. Of course my dad would put his foot down when he was home...and I grew out of it. I have NEVER thought about it as a "missed opportunity."

However, IMO most kids who are going through this currently are "victims" of overly concerned, and thus overly permissive parents. The more attention such children get, the more invested they become. This explains so much "buyers remorse" in so many kids who end up going through "physical transition."

Now I am not saying there may be some persons who experience true "gender dysphoria" and are willingly committed to complete transition. More power to them. But that should be a factual personal choice. Not one that parents "encourage" in ways that put pressure on such children to commit to something that was originally just childhood roleplaying.

Last edited:
How do you know it will be better for him after the 8 year old becomes an adult?
If the child is trans the quality of life is much better when it is treated as a child than waiting until they are an adult because waiting unusually cases severe gender dysphoria and the body has matured in the wrong physical gender, which complicates the transition. A person does not outgrow being transgendered. It only gets worse.

The process is very slow and pragmatic and not really happens, other than psychological counseling and following, until 12-13 when androgen blockers are administered. The child is allowed to dress and live as their gender identity during this time. If they have feelings that hint that they might not be trans then the process is slowed or stopped, which can happen at any time. Surgery does not happen commonly until 18, or 17 at the earliest.

This is the professional statement on the issue;
https://www.wpath.org/newsroom/medical-necessity-statement

What facts do you base the idea that a pre-teen child, especially one so young they haven't even entered school yet, has the capability of knowing what "sex" they really "identify" as?

Kids often identify with a preferred parent in their early developing years. Often boys with their mother's initially, and girls with their fathers. This will often result in childish "role-play" exhibited by mimicking that parent.

However, IMO most kids who are going through this currently are "victims" of overly concerned, and thus overly permissive parents. The more attention such children get, the more invested they become. This is explains so much "buyers regret" in so many kids who end up going through "physical transition."

Now I am not saying there may be some persons who experience true "gender dysphoria" and willing to completely transition. More power to them. But that should be a factual personal choice. Not one that parents "encourage" in ways that put pressure on such children to commit to something that was originally just childhood roleplaying.
Did you know that you were a boy or a girl before the age of 13? They do too.

For example, my father was in military service, which meant he was often stationed far away. When I was 3 - 4 years old I was "mimicking" my mother. I was in no wise thinking I was a girl, I just wanted my mother's attention. So if she was painting her nails, or doing her hair I'd want her to do mine too. I'd walk in her shoes, want to try her clothing...just because I loved my mom. Of course, my dad would put his foot down when he was home...and I grew out of it. I have NEVER thought about it again.

If it was your dad's threats that put an end to you dressing and acting like your mother instead of your voluntarily growing out of it you might be trans or non-binary. You might want to talk to someone about your feelings and your childhood. IMVHO.

I'm am not being flippant with you but instead, I am very serious.

Last edited:
Did you know that you were a boy or a girl before the age of 13?

Yes. I've always had a penis...since BIRTH.

They do too.

Apparently NOT, which is why there is so much "buyers remorse."

Evidence Made Public That Led to English 'Ban' on Puberty Blockers | Women Are Human

I Was a Transgender Woman - Public Discourse (thepublicdiscourse.com)

Hundreds of youths who had gender surgery wish they hadn't, says trans rights champion | Daily Mail Online

When Children Say They’re Transgender - The Atlantic

If it was your dad's threats that put an end to you dressing and acting like your mother instead of your voluntarily growing out of it you might be trans or non-binary. You might want to talk to someone about your feelings and your childhood. IMVHO.

I'm am not being flippant with you but instead, I am very serious.

o_Oo_Oo_O

My father never "threatened" or "bullied" me. He just paid attention to me and got me out of the apartment to hang out with other boys and girls my age. Like most decent fathers would do IMO.

The fact that you are "very serious" in presenting a "psychological diagnosis" of someone you don't know based on a simple posted response...says more about your own mental state and confirmation bias IMHO.

It is a shame that a child is discouraged from dressing how they want and playing with whatever toys they want. It's also a shame when the adults around them assume they are trans because they aren't following gender stereotypes based on their sex.

Back
Top Bottom