• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Conn. man condemned to die for fatal home invasion

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
NEW HAVEN, Conn. – A man was condemned to death Monday for a night of terror inside a suburban home where a woman was strangled and her two daughters were tied to their beds and left to die in a gasoline-fueled fire.

You know, I have been an outspoken opponent of capital punishment over the years, but in this case, I will be the first to applaud this decision. This slimeball wasn't satisfied with just taking the money and running. He tortured a woman and her 2 daughters, one of them only 11 years old, before tying the daughters to their beds, pouring gasoline on them, and setting them ablaze.

I am still against the death penalty in general, but I am willing to make exceptions for people like Adolph Hitler, Pol Pot, and a monster in Connecticut named Steven Hayes - May his afterlife be as painfully cruel as the horrible act that he inflicted upon his innocent victims.

Article is here.

Last edited:
His death won't change anything. It'll just feel good temporarily.

You know, I have been an outspoken opponent of capital punishment over the years, but in this case, I will be the first to applaud this decision. This slimeball wasn't satisfied with just taking the money and running. He tortured a woman and her 2 daughters, one of them only 11 years old, before tying the daughters to their beds, pouring gasoline on them, and setting them ablaze.

I am still against the death penalty in general, but I am willing to make exceptions for people like Adolph Hitler, Pol Pot, and a monster in Connecticut named Steven Hayes - May his afterlife be as painfully cruel as the horrible act that he inflicted upon his innocent victims.

Article is here.

I would be hard pressed to come up with some disgusting medievel form of execution that would be too cruel to apply to that scum bag. Boiling alive, breaking on the wheel, anal impalement or the "pear" all would be justified being applied to that asswipe

His death won't change anything. It'll just feel good temporarily.

yeah it will, it will flush a turd down the sewer. In reality, I would prefer that the state not execute the mope. Rather I'd give the father as many hours as the mope had with his family to do whatever he pleases and then the father is given a complete and total pardon

Depends on what your beliefs or morals are, I guess. If you believe in good and evil, then what this man did is probably evil. I don't see how creating another evil situation where he is tortured or killed is going to bring more balance to the world. It just tips the scale further askew in favour of evil. :shrug:

I'm not saying he should be treated well, but honouring the sovereignty of his life would be the best way to honour the people he killed because it would be adding a corrected behaviour to the chain of heinous events. The way you deal with evil is to confront it with goodness, or transform it into goodness. One of those two options is usually better than stooping to his level.

When we equivicate justice(death penalty) as being on the same level as criminality(murder), then we are truly lost as a society. I don't prefer the state to pursue death penalties on its own, but I think the right should be reserved for the families of the victims to have the state pursue it in their name.

His death won't change anything.
For him it changes everything.

Besides, plants will make much better use of those carbon atoms.

I think it's a bit silly that we mock the medical profession for the sake of people like this.

I think, and have always thought, that a bullet to the back of the head would be sufficient for execution. That, or hanging from the neck until dead.

Last edited:
yeah it will, it will flush a turd down the sewer. In reality, I would prefer that the state not execute the mope. Rather I'd give the father as many hours as the mope had with his family to do whatever he pleases and then the father is given a complete and total pardon

Ahh, then you support Sharia and in extension the will of God. Thanks for converting. :kitty:

When we equivicate justice(death penalty) as being on the same level as criminality(murder), then we are truly lost as a society. I don't prefer the state to pursue death penalties on its own, but I think the right should be reserved for the families of the victims to have the state pursue it in their name.

Interesting take. Heard the victims' husband interviewed today, and he is against the death penalty. However, the DA came to him a year or so ago and sat down to discuss it with him. The DA said that, obviously, CT has the death penalty. Were he not to ask for it in this heinous crime, then, he said, "Why would we have it on the books?" Yeah, if ever a crime cried out for the death penalty, this one's certainly it.

Ahh, then you support Sharia and in extension the will of God. Thanks for converting. :kitty:

where did you come up with that nonsense?

Burn, baby, burn. Disco inferno!

Wooohooo!!!

Burn, baby, burn. Disco inferno!

Wooohooo!!!

That's it!! The perfect death penalty. Force him to listen to Disco until he commits suicide. Just think of the savings to the taxpayers, not to mention the fact that listening to Disco is pure torture.

Captain - You are a friggin' genius. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
That's it!! The perfect death penalty. Force him to listen to Disco until he commits suicide. Just think of the savings to the taxpayers.

DEATH BY BEEGEES

now even Scalia would find that cruel and unusual

That's it!! The perfect death penalty. Force him to listen to Disco until he commits suicide. Just think of the savings to the taxpayers.

It's funny, because I've been listening to my ABBA playlist this whole time.

Death by disco is too good for him.

.......... edit....

I dont know what allah thinks about computers. I'd have to ask.

Article is here.

Hopefully some scumbag sympathizers do not try to prolong this or make any or more costly.

When we equivicate justice(death penalty) as being on the same level as criminality(murder), then we are truly lost as a society.
Equate?

Yes, I don't see how the two are remotely on the same level. It's not like we're going to terrorize, rape, and burn *his* family.

Hopefully some scumbag sympathizers do not try to prolong this or make any or more costly.

The scumbag's lawyer is attempting to claim racism, because the victim was white. The irony here is that the perps are also white. If I had just one question to ask that lawyer, in response to his claim of racism, it would be this:

Where's the beef? LOL.

Article is here.

If there was a lot more death penalties for first degree murder.....not only would our taxes go down from supporting them for life...but it would be a bigger deterrent from people who would have no problem living in a three meal a day, etc environment....

Basic math shows this, but the do gooders ruin it for the rest of society.....

I have contempt for him. It is justice.

The scumbag's lawyer is attempting to claim racism, because the victim was white. The irony here is that the perps are also white. If I had just one question to ask that lawyer, in response to his claim of racism, it would be this:

Where's the beef? LOL.

Seriously? Wow, my contempt gained a level.

Back
Top Bottom