• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Congressman John Lewis has decided to die due to Cancer

If your argument is that the left is ruled by emotion rather than reason, you wont get any disagreement from me.

Please. The right IS ruled by emotion. Base emotions: Fear and Anger that whites will be replaced as the supreme race in America. That's largely how Trump won, by playing to these fears.

Empathy is the ability to put yourself in someone else's shoes. It's the ability to see the world from the perspective of an Iraqi civilian being invaded, a Syrian refugee being barrel-bombed, or an immigrant wanting to protect their children from drug cartels. It's the opposite of (white) America First.

It's an evolved human characteristic, probably the most evolved. You shouldn't celebrate your inability to generate it.

***having read page 1***

Dear people, get a grip. Instead of turning into a rabid mob at any cost and for any reason, wish the man well and send good thoughts his way. Didn't your parents raise you better than this?

Oh come on, Don't fight that I said he decided.

His form of Cancer is terminal. That is why it is called Stage 4.

Rep. John Lewis diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer

Looks to me as if FOX news beat the rest to the punch.

Rep. John Lewis diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer | Fox News

Yet he STILL wont give up power. 30 years in congress and only his death will finally let someone else have a chance.

But, despite the diagnosis, Lewis, 79, said he will continue to serve in Congress.

***having read page 1***

Dear people, get a grip. Instead of turning into a rabid mob at any cost and for any reason, wish the man well and send good thoughts his way. Didn't your parents raise you better than this?

Hang on let me check something...Yep, we are still on a political debate forum in the general political section.

Cool, did fox also tell you what other democrats are about to die? Did they throw a party?

Is nothing off limits to republicans?

Do you wonder if the likes to your post are due to the possibility FOX NEWS will throw a party because of, alleged, numerous democratic deaths in congress?

Hang on let me check something...Yep, we are still on a political debate forum in the general political section.

Debate and rabid attacks are not the same

I don't believe people are trying to trivialize the diagnosis, nor the form of cancer involved.

To many people, Senator Lewis is a racist, bigoted jackass.

In this day and age, voicing opinions about politicians is fair game.

Should that criticism stop if someone viewed so negatively gets ill?

Oh stop with the dramatics. Just read the title of this thread "Congressman John Lewis has decided to die due to Cancer" and tell me where in the article does it say Lewis had decided to die?
No, complete BS. He is undergoing treatment and is optimistic.

Sure you can hate him but stop the right wing spin of making things up.

Oh stop with the dramatics. Just read the title of this thread "Congressman John Lewis has decided to die due to Cancer" and tell me where in the article does it say Lewis had decided to die?
No, complete BS. He is undergoing treatment and is optimistic.

Sure you can hate him but stop the right wing spin of making things up.

I was not commenting on the thread title.

What a discussing, despicable thread. But unfortunately it's becoming more and more common lately here, and thanks to the Trumpsters will only get worse as we get closer to November 2020.

BTW where are the so called 'moderate' Republicans here to criticize such a despicable thread and OP?

You can’t say that with a straight face. Liberalism is ideologically based on empathy. Conservatives have always despised empathy, which is effectively the ability to see the world through another person’s eyes to generate emotion. This ability seems utterly removed from the conservative experience. They don’t empathize with minorities, immigrants fleeing for their safety, Iraqi civilians, Syrian refugees, etc.

modern American leftist thought have very little connection to "liberalism". it has become statist, parasitic and reactionary

My very best wishes to the Congressman. He has a terrible fight ahead of him. I wish him and his family well.

Yea, it’s okay to attack anyone related to Trump. Let’s also attack anyone who supports him. It’s the American way.

Sorry, adults are not off limits. Especially if they're writing books (Eric and Don Jr) or making policy (Ivanka).

One person mentioned Barron's name and the only thing she said about him was that he isn't royalty. Does that upset you? Ate you upset that he's not Duke of Florida ir something?

IS something like this post necessary now? I know many here at DP have been touched by cancer either personally, friend or family. It's a vile hideous illness! My Dad died of stage 4 Lung cancer. From diagnosis
to death was 6 weeks. It still seems unreal 6 years later. You can disagree with someone politically but show a bit of restrain now.

Asking a conservative to show restraint is like asking Trump to be honest. An exercise in futility.

IS something like this post necessary now? I know many here at DP have been touched by cancer either personally, friend or family. It's a vile hideous illness! My Dad died of stage 4 Lung cancer. From diagnosis
to death was 6 weeks. It still seems unreal 6 years later. You can disagree with someone politically but show a bit of restrain now.

So sorry for your loss. My nonsmoking brother died of stage IV lung cancer a year ago after a 2 year battle, the last spent in a nursing home after chemo complications left him wheelchair bound.

Cancer is a cruel disease.

Please. The right IS ruled by emotion. Base emotions: Fear and Anger that whites will be replaced as the supreme race in America. That's largely how Trump won, by playing to these fears.
Lol. Can you be any more simplistic. And wrong.

Empathy is the ability to put yourself in someone else's shoes. It's the ability to see the world from the perspective of an Iraqi civilian being invaded, a Syrian refugee being barrel-bombed, or an immigrant wanting to protect their children from drug cartels. It's the opposite of (white) America First.
Thats even dumber. Tell me, if someone believes in, say, family first, does that mean they have no empathy as well? Or do you just not know what the hell you are talking about.

It's an evolved human characteristic, probably the most evolved. You shouldn't celebrate your inability to generate it.
You dont know me so as usual, you dont know wtf you are talking about.

Sorry, adults are not off limits. Especially if they're writing books (Eric and Don Jr) or making policy (Ivanka).

One person mentioned Barron's name and the only thing she said about him was that he isn't royalty. Does that upset you? Ate you upset that he's not Duke of Florida ir something?

Hypocrite
You are the first to criticize if trump says something mean to another adult.

I don't believe people are trying to trivialize the diagnosis, nor the form of cancer involved.

Say I posted as I did in the OP. an article link showing Trump has stage 4 Pancreatic cancer, think the Democrat posters would talk as they talk about Congressman Lewis?

I can tell you now. they would gloat, hoot and holler and call him lousy stinking names. So when they jump my case, beware that you too will learn of some Republicans impending death and you will get your chance to post all sorts of kind things about Trump or some other soul.

Care to share some examples of John Lewis being a racist, bigoted jackass?

Back
Top Bottom