• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Congressional interview with FBI Director Comey.

Kal'Stang

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Here's the full interview with Mr. Comey. So far I've watched about 18 minutes of it. I will not be posting again until I've watched all of it. I would like this thread to be about the interview and Hillary's indictment. It'd be advisable to watch the interview if you plan to participate.

I watched all of it on TV yesterday except about the last 5 minutes. When I came back to the TV it was over. The democrat members of congress who spoke tried to make it out as an attack on Director Comey and a witch hunt, something Elijah Cummings tried to push. Director Comey replied to Cummings that he didn't think it was a witch hunt as he's all for transparency in government.

He said the FBI didn't intend to indict Clinton because she didn't "intend" to break the law.

Republican members of congress wanted clarification of why Director Comey made the decision he did and disregarded a law that permits felony prosecution due to gross negligence. Comey said that law has been used only once in the 99 years since it was enacted and in a case involving espionage.

Another law that someone in power in the US government ignores is what seemed to irritate some of the Republicans. Sound familiar?

Overall I think Hillary was exposed as being untruthful, incompetent, and above having to follow guidelines that every other American would have to comply with.

Comey even stated if she had still been an employee of the State Dept. discipline should have taken place from suspension, losing security clearance to firing.

This from the person who wants to be the next POTUS.

Watching it now. How the hell does Comey not roll his eyes throughout.

JUST ASK THE QUESTIONS! What percentage of this 4 1/2 hours is going to be political grandstanding and exposition? I'm not sure I'm going to make it. I might have to read the transcript.

I'm 15 minutes in and they are talking about the Zika virus. Comey hasn't said a word. I'm losing my resolve.

I'm 15 minutes in and they are talking about the Zika virus. Comey hasn't said a word. I'm losing my resolve.

Yeah I watched a couple minutes of some douchebag or other rambling on, realized that he hadn't actually asked a question, and went "awww **** it."

Μολὼν λαβέ;1066057078 said:
I watched all of it on TV yesterday except about the last 5 minutes. When I came back to the TV it was over. The democrat members of congress who spoke tried to make it out as an attack on Director Comey and a witch hunt, something Elijah Cummings tried to push. Director Comey replied to Cummings that he didn't think it was a witch hunt as he's all for transparency in government.

He said the FBI didn't intend to indict Clinton because she didn't "intend" to break the law.

Republican members of congress wanted clarification of why Director Comey made the decision he did and disregarded a law that permits felony prosecution due to gross negligence. Comey said that law has been used only once in the 99 years since it was enacted and in a case involving espionage.

Another law that someone in power in the US government ignores is what seemed to irritate some of the Republicans. Sound familiar?

Overall I think Hillary was exposed as being untruthful, incompetent, and above having to follow guidelines that every other American would have to comply with.

Comey even stated if she had still been an employee of the State Dept. discipline should have taken place from suspension, losing security clearance to firing.

This from the person who wants to be the next POTUS.

The only way leftwingers would get the message is if Hillary had the cuffs slapped on. Otherwise they're happy to trick the system.

Back
Top Bottom