• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Congressional Acrimony

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Did you know that Justices Ginsberg and Scalia were close friends? Did you also know that Ronald Reagan and Tip O'Neil, after a hard day of fighting each other frequently had a beer together? Yea, they were close friends too. Now, I'm not saying that members of Congress on opposite sides should be friends, but I what I am saying is that they could at least show a modicum of decency toward each other instead of acting like total douche bags. They could learn a thing or 100 from Ronnie, Tip, Antoine, and Ruth. Just sayin'.

It would sure be nice if people at all points along the political spectra and on all sides of various political and economic divides started talking with each other like we're all citizens of the same nation. But it's pretty difficult to do that when each side so distrusts and fears the others that even sincere statements are viewed with extreme suspicion.

Once you get to the point in a marriage where each partner cannot take the other at their word, there is no hope of recovery. I fear we are dangerously close to that point.

Did you know that Justices Ginsberg and Scalia were close friends? Did you also know that Ronald Reagan and Tip O'Neil, after a hard day of fighting each other frequently had a beer together? Yea, they were close friends too. Now, I'm not saying that members of Congress on opposite sides should be friends, but I what I am saying is that they could at least show a modicum of decency toward each other instead of acting like total douche bags. They could learn a thing or 100 from Ronnie, Tip, Antoine, and Ruth. Just sayin'.

when you say "they" you mean conservatives. For the last 8 years a large % of conservatives have obediently believed the most vile and disgusting lies and treated any compromise or show of decency as treason. That is the politics of fascism. And now you have trump. congratulations.

Well, I'm *your* friend - and I think that's sayin' a lot! :lamo

Back
Top Bottom