• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Congress votes to suspend Russia trade status, enact oil ban

Only two posts in, but you had to be needlessly provocative.

Those slaughtering the innocents (and raping women and little girls) are Russian soldiers.
I think the Republican (and particularly Trump) reaction to COVID left a sour taste in everyone’s mouth. It’s going to take a long time before those wounds begin to heal.

Maybe a whole generation needs to die off before people start to think that Americans might come together again.

Could very well be the case.
Whatever happened, it caught Putin by surprise. So far his campaign is a failure.
I wonder what else he might have not thought about before the invasion.

Whatever happened, it caught Putin by surprise. So far his campaign is a failure.
I wonder what else he might have not thought about before the invasion.
No idea. Just hope this ends soon.

It's not the equipment that performed very poorly, but the operators.
Well, we know that some of the stuff the Russians are using are crap. Wasn't there something about them using Mosin Nagants? And then there's the food rations that make our MREs look like it came from a fancy restaurant.

Then theres the leadership. Making soldiers dig trenches in a radioactive zone?!

Well, we know that some of the stuff the Russians are using are crap. Wasn't there something about them using Mosin Nagants? And then there's the food rations that make our MREs look like it came from a fancy restaurant.

Then theres the leadership. Making soldiers dig trenches in a radioactive zone?!
I have to admit, that is down right ignorance and incompetency. And, I suspect that a lot of the cost of food rations went into the pockets of the oligarchs rather than the purpose they were intended for (for military equipment too).

All in all, this invasion is showing the weaknesses of authorization dictatorships, and the trap that we, in the west, have to avoid. That's why we need free elections, weakening of the influence major corporations have on the government,and increasing free press. Having just 6 conglomeates controlling the source of our information is dangerous, as is having a news source that either echos the government, or is controlled by the government. We have to get back to the unbiased reporting of the news, rather than using the news to promote one view point or another. I want to see the news media broken so that 1 company doesn't influence more that 5% of the news market.

Back
Top Bottom