• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Congress sets itself to be heroes....again.

MaggieD

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
All this hoopla from the unions about the 30-hour definition of full-time employee in Obamacare? It's all a bunch of baloney. The definition of full-time employee used to be 20 hours a week, including paid vacations counting toward work hours. I know this because I owned a business and had to cover all of my part-time employees.

Somewhere along the line, I can't find when, Congress changed that definition to 30 hours.

The unions have known the 30-hour definition since Day #1. And suddenly?? The sky is falling!!!!! No, it's just giving Congress the opportunity to save the middle class -- by redefining full-time employee to exactly where it was before.

Smoke and mirrors, guys, smoke and mirrors.

Of course, most people do about 3 hours of actual work during a 40 hour work week.

Back
Top Bottom