• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Congress orders Trump to investigate Saudi prince's role in Khashoggi murder

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Sheesh....sad that it came to this. What the hell is wrong with Trump?

The top Republican and Democrat on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Sen. Bob Corker, R-Tenn., and Sen. Bob Menendez, D-N.J., sent a letter to the White House Tuesday evening to officially trigger an investigation into whether the young crown prince ordered the plot.

The move sets up a showdown between Capitol Hill and the White House as members of both parties in Congress call on Trump to be tougher on Saudi Arabia.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/con...stigate-saudi-crown-princes/story?id=59331546

That the president has been an embarrassment would be an understatement.

"Congress orders Trump..."

LOL!!

Thank you. I needed a laugh to start my day.

"Congress orders Trump..."

LOL!!

Thank you. I needed a laugh to start my day.

The lol is you not understanding what just happened.

The lol is you not understanding what just happened.

Oh...I understand. I read the article. I know about the law. Nevertheless, Congress ordering Trump to do anything is like Congress ordering Obama's state department to turn over Hillary's emails. It might get done...eventually...or not. And if it does get done, the result will be a nothingburger for Congress to chew on.
That's what I was laughing at.

Oh...I understand. I read the article. I know about the law. Nevertheless, Congress ordering Trump to do anything is like Congress ordering Obama's state department to turn over Hillary's emails. It might get done...eventually...or not. And if it does get done, the result will be a nothingburger for Congress to chew on.
That's what I was laughing at.

"The move sets up a showdown between Capitol Hill and the White House as members of both parties in Congress call on Trump to be tougher on Saudi Arabia."

Tis a strange hill your idiot president chose to die on. But, then again, when money talks, Trump kisses all the foreign ass he needs to...and, bets that those kissing his ass will not flinch.

More LEFT-IGNORANCE on display.

Congress cannot "ORDER" the POTUS to do ****, and "Sen. Bob Corker, R-Tenn., and Sen. Bob Menendez, D-N.J., " ARE NOT "CONGRESS.

Take a CIVICS CLASS.

Ever wonder why leftists ALWAYS HAVE TO LIE ABOUT EVERYTHING?

You should.

"The move sets up a showdown between Capitol Hill and the White House as members of both parties in Congress call on Trump to be tougher on Saudi Arabia."

Tis a strange hill your idiot president chose to die on. But, then again, when money talks, Trump kisses all the foreign ass he needs to...and, bets that those kissing his ass will not flinch.

Oh...a "showdown". LOL!!

Yup. Just like the presidents before him.

Trump just hung a big "For Sale" sign out on his Presidency. Not only did he hang a For Sale sign out, he is willing to sell for cheap. He is making it obvious that he is willing to sell for cheap. No geopolitical adversary believes Trump's ludicrous numbers either for the scope and scale of the Saudi arms deal or for its impact on US employment. The only goons who might be bought into that are his loyal base. Not sure if even they believe it. The Saudis have not signed on for more than a fraction of his laughable $450B number and they don't even have the money.

Worse, he has publicly put the USA in the position of supplicant to the Saudi's as client....again....laughably absurd on any level. Here is an easy one for you Donald. USA > Saudi Arabia. Its not the other way around. Saudi is reliant on us.

The real danger here is that Saudi knows who is the supplicant and it is entirely possible that MBS in an effort to satisfy Donald, his financial partner's interests, will push Saudi into starting a real shooting war with Iran which would suit Donald and Beni just fine. They could claim to be coming to the aid of their ally Saudi when in fact Donald and Beni will have simply pushed Saudi into it.

So we have at least four utterly self-serving Donald issues at play here at the same time:
- having completely caved to MBS journalists around the world are in more danger today than ever, which suits Donald just fine
- Donald continues to churn his and his son-in-laws personal money mill in this absurd MBS ball washing
- If any despot in the world did not already know that Trump has a big Sale for Cheap sign out on his Presidency there surely is no doubt now
- he continues to push the Iran narrative and continues to push Saudi into starting a shooting war so that he can come to their rescue at a cost of some number of US lives

So there is plenty for the Hill to dig into here. Sadly, this is such a corrupt, ill intended, self serving administration and the GOP run Congress has been so derelict in its Oversight duties for the first two years of Trump's Presidency, I am not even sure if this will rise to the top ten items.

If Trumpets don't think they are also being sold down the river in all of this, Donald's desperation in his efforts to generate more and more personal wealth out of this term strongly suggests that he will not even run for a second term, leaving all of his loyal cult with their dingdongs in their hands wondering about this strange afterglow emanating from their rear ends.

I think I read where 25 Mexican journalists were killed this year. Do you care that we do business with Mexico, still? Wasn't Kashogi a Muslim brotherhood guy and a friend of OBL? I am on the side for cheaper gas!

I think I read where 25 Mexican journalists were killed this year. Do you care that we do business with Mexico, still? Wasn't Kashogi a Muslim brotherhood guy and a friend of OBL? I am on the side for cheaper gas!

I have already stated that I don't favor killing the arms deal as part of our response. ITS NOT AN IMPORTANT ENOUGH DEAL. ITS CHUMP CHANGE! I do however care about the position Donald stakes out for this country while simply via his corrupt, self serving presidency. So your comment and/or question about Mexican journalists is not relevant.

Then Trump never should have pulled us from the JCPOA though he literally nullified his Iran Sanctions the moment he made them. In other words that was another meaningless political show that did nothing more than create a more unstable geopolitical environment in the Middle East. Donald and Beni have been trying to push Saudi to start a real shooting war with Iran.

If Donald had it all to do over again, I am not convinced he would make the same decision as I no longer think he wants to run for a second term. Beni wants war with Iran. It could still suit Donald if he does want to run for a second term. At least you can claim for Beni an actual national security interest for Israel in all of this. All Donald has is his personal financial ambitions in play...OBVIOUSLY!

Last edited:
More LEFT-IGNORANCE on display.

Congress cannot "ORDER" the POTUS to do ****, and "Sen. Bob Corker, R-Tenn., and Sen. Bob Menendez, D-N.J., " ARE NOT "CONGRESS.

Take a CIVICS CLASS.

Ever wonder why leftists ALWAYS HAVE TO LIE ABOUT EVERYTHING?

You should.

I'll mark you down for "pant's officially crapped".

Uh, no.

This isn't new. We've known for years that there are idiots in Congress.

This isn't new. We've known for years that there are idiots in Congress.

Apparently they are at least smarter than that nut you elected president.

Apparently they are at least smarter than that nut you elected president.

Not if they think they can order the president to launch an investigation.

Not if they think they can order the president to launch an investigation.

Watch Trump order an investigation

Irrelevant. Congress doesn't have the power to order it.
Exactly.
Congress can make all the laws they want.
But no laws apply to Presidents.
It's not illegal if the President does it.

Exactly.
Congress can make all the laws they want.
But no laws apply to Presidents.
It's not illegal if the President does it.

Do you know what "co-equal" means?

Irrelevant. Congress doesn't have the power to order it.

Congress does have a right to do conduct Oversight. I suspect there will be plenty of that come January.

Based on that "statement" from Trump and his WH, I no longer even think Donald cares what he pulls out of his butt hole and ejects from his mouth. I no longer think he even realizes what he is saying when he is saying it. He then discovers how cockeyed his statements are when he actually goes and tries to execute on them. At that point somebody with a brain often checks him. However as people continue to leave the WH those that remain are pliably and less willing to tell him he is off his rocker even when he is entirely off his rocker.

Congress does have a right to do conduct Oversight. I suspect there will be plenty of that come January.

Based on that "statement" from Trump and his WH, I no longer even think Donald cares what he pulls out of his butt hole and ejects from his mouth. I no longer think he even realizes what he is saying when he is saying it. He then discovers how cockeyed his statements are when he actually goes and tries to execute on them. At that point somebody with a brain often checks him. However as people continue to leave the WH those that remain are pliably and less willing to tell him he is off his rocker even when he is entirely off his rocker.

Congress doesn't have oversight authority over the president. Speaking of people pulling things out of their butts.

Congress doesn't have oversight authority over the president. Speaking of people pulling things out of their butts.

Oh really...gee there was this little thing called WATERGATE which had a Senate Select Committee peering up Nixon's butt hole.

Congress has Oversight over the Executive Branch of which the President is a part. It is just unbelievable how many Trumpets think Donald is some sort of king. Thing again!

Thanks for that though. At least I know without question how to judge the credibility of your posts. If it does not come from some silo news feed, you just don't know, it DO YOU!

Back
Top Bottom