• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Congress' disapproval rating hits all time high.

Dittohead not!

master political analyst
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
It's not just that the public is disgusted with Congress, not just that it's approval rating is low, this is a new record.

Woo hoo! Go Congress! You've set a new record!

[h=1]Congress Disapproval Rating Hits All-Time High In NBC/WSJ Poll, Obama Approval Drops [/h]
A NBC/Wall Street Journal poll released Wednesday finds that Americans' disapproval of Congress has reached unprecedented levels, while approval of President Barack Obama has dropped significantly.

According to the survey, 83 percent of Americans disapprove of the job Congress is doing in Washington, an all-time high in the poll. Just 12 percent approve of Congress' job, while 57 percent they would replace every member of Congress if they could.

The tea party occupation forces have done their work well.

I wouldn't replace everyone, because anybody who has proven they are willing to work as a team to get things done should stay.

Can you imagine this country doing anything ..."bold" ...ever again?
Let's drown the government in the bath-tub ....and sit back and wait for the Free Market to build something like a bullet train to keep pace with China...LOL!!!
The roads...the bridges....the subway systems ....all things the US could ..once do ....not anymore!!

Can you imagine this country doing anything ..."bold" ...ever again?
Let's drown the government in the bath-tub ....and sit back and wait for the Free Market to build something like a bullet train to keep pace with China...LOL!!!
The roads...the bridges....the subway systems ....all things the US could ..once do ....not anymore!!

Building a bridge makes us great? Heh. Btw,we still spend plenty of money,more and more each year. Shouldn't we be "great again"by now?

If 57% would replace every member of congress, that should mean that none will be reelected, but i somehow doubt that will come to pass. There's a reason McCain's dinosaur ass has been in office so long. Hearing all the time "Carl Levin has been great for MI"...he's in a federal office! He's bad for the country, just like every other senator.

BLAH BLAH BLAH Everyone hates congress ...
but they love their own congressman.

Congressmen are like farts and children ... no-one has tolerance for anyone else's but they never mind their own.

I wouldn't replace everyone, because anybody who has proven they are willing to work as a team to get things done should stay.
I'd like to replace everyone who IS willing to work as a team. Their "teamwork" is the reason we are where we are right now because they aren't on our team. Everything they've done together lately is for their team, not ours.

If 57% would replace every member of congress, that should mean that none will be reelected, but i somehow doubt that will come to pass. There's a reason McCain's dinosaur ass has been in office so long. Hearing all the time "Carl Levin has been great for MI"...he's in a federal office! He's bad for the country, just like every other senator.

There is a small problem with that logic. Because you are presented by an incumbent by the parties in both elections, and because many of those people vote based on the letter next tot he name, it is hard to actually get changes in the state despite the reality most of the country may hate them. It is like taking a poll of the world and finding that they hate a certain president. Since most of them cannot vote anyway, it really makes no real difference in the election. The parties do not run the best people, they run who they think can win among the voters. You may think your party's incumbent sucks but are you going to cross the line and vote for the other guy? Most people will not.

Perhaps if they held a raffle? Bottle of champers and a teddy bear?

The scary thing is when is this vicious cycle going to end? There is no incentive for these congressmen to cooperate if they are safe in their own districts. This is going on past Obama and the next president.

WE ARE SCREWED !!!!!!!

Cynicism is a tool of the rightwing.

The Congress gets high marks from me at the moment. It is doing almost nothing and that is almost as good as doing nothing at all. Long live gridlock!

There is a small problem with that logic. Because you are presented by an incumbent by the parties in both elections, and because many of those people vote based on the letter next tot he name, it is hard to actually get changes in the state despite the reality most of the country may hate them. It is like taking a poll of the world and finding that they hate a certain president. Since most of them cannot vote anyway, it really makes no real difference in the election. The parties do not run the best people, they run who they think can win among the voters. You may think your party's incumbent sucks but are you going to cross the line and vote for the other guy? Most people will not.

Well yeah, but the way i feel about "remove all senators" is I would replace them with a lump of rock. I don't care who the other party is running. I'm not voting for the incumbent when they are this awful.

Well yeah, but the way i feel about "remove all senators" is I would replace them with a lump of rock. I don't care who the other party is running. I'm not voting for the incumbent when they are this awful.

We would not have to pay rocks as much, and they would get just as much needed stuff done while not accomplishing the bipartisan screwing of america by selling it's people to the banks. I think you have a solution to the problem of congress there. The only problem I see is that some people might consider the rocks in the head of polit5icians to be better than just a plain old rock, but I am thinking we can totally overcome that with a good campaign song.

Twisted Sister - I Wanna Rock with lyrics - YouTube

And then at every campaign rally we could throw rocks at them. Even if we lose we at least got to throw rocks.

If they do any less, they might as well just stay home.

No, I think they deserve some entertainment for having reached high office. I support free country club memberships for all members of congress. Long live gridlock.

Back
Top Bottom