• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Confused Pelosi botches Speaker speech: ‘I think I skipped a couple of pages. I’m not sure.’

Another 'whataboutism'. I guess the other side can start keeping count now.

I thought you guys said whataboutery is fair play. ;) :lol: We're meeting you half way, and still getting in trouble? Tsk...not fair.

(Happy New Year, Holbritter - hope you had a great holiday! :) )

I thought you guys said whataboutery is fair play. ;) :lol: We're meeting you half way, and still getting in trouble? Tsk...not fair.

(Happy New Year, Holbritter - hope you had a great holiday! :) )

Who is 'you guys'? And yes, I (me alone) think it's fair play when pointing out hypocrisy. My dig at 'whataboutism' was pointing that out I thought. :shrug: More coffee is called for.

(Happy New Year to you OlNate as well! I wish you and yours a great 2019 :) )

That’s not all she’s missing.

Senile Nancy... The Colonel Klink-like character running the Democrat show.

She’s going to be good entertainment.

Hopefully she doesn’t slur and slobber too much.
it looks more like uncle Ho From Hiaphong.

I'm old enough to remember when Trump threw a bunch of pages out of his speech live on TV. Was he crazy too?

Did he say, 'I think I skipped a couple of pages' then leafed through his speech? I suppose Pelosi knew if she edited her speech.

I guess everyone's mirrors are broken. What's the difference between that post and other's when Obama is compared? Just because the thread is created by someone you or others dislike, doesn't change the content of it.
The biggest difference is that the double standard goes both ways and that gets lost in the whataboutism.

The same people complaining (for example) that the left gives Clinton a pass for his mistresses, themselves are giving Trump a pass for his (and previously gave Gingrich a pass, too). Yet, it's only the left that's accused of hypocrisy in these discussions.

Yes, people on the left change their positions according to whether someone agrees with them, and so to does the right.

Did he say, 'I think I skipped a couple of pages' then leafed through his speech? I suppose Pelosi knew if she edited her speech.

Is it better for a politician to purposefully throw out his speech or for one to maybe forget something in it?

Nancy and Trump don't need to be a great speaker. I can turn on the discovery channel and hear a great story by Morgan Freeman most any day of the week. I want to secure our border remove all the lawless people here in my country with no respect for our immigration laws. I want leaders to start and enforce an immigration program that lets a million decent, and most importantly law abiding people who want to be Americans into this country. I don't want to become a 3rd world country. I don't want to be Mexico or Honduras. I want to continue to be the great country of the USA. People immigrating here need to become Americans. We do want or need to become losers and turn this country into a **** hole. I want a house leader to start working on the budget, our infrastructure, the enforcement of our immigration laws, and secure our border. Oh wrap up this witch hunt that so far has done nothing but divide the country and not allow anything to be done for the people of this country.

Is it better for a politician to purposefully throw out his speech or for one to maybe forget something in it?

It's plausible that Pelosi knew she threw something out of her speech. It's more plausible she realized she forgot something in her speech and leafed through her papers to determine if there was more to say.
One presumes Pelosi will get better in speech making.

Realize politicians can be female.

It's plausible that Pelosi knew she threw something out of her speech. It's more plausible she realized she forgot something in her speech and leafed through her papers to determine if there was more to say.
One presumes Pelosi will get better in speech making.

Realize politicians can be female.

I'm talking about Trump and the fact that he threw out pages. Pelosi didn't throw anything out on purpose... Jesuz...

I'm talking about Trump and the fact that he threw out pages. Pelosi didn't throw anything out on purpose... Jesuz...
I know. IMO, she forgot and leafed though her pages to determine if there was more to say.
I imagine someone told her to get off the stage.

I know. IMO, she forgot and leafed though her pages to determine if there was more to say.
I imagine someone told her to get off the stage.

No she got multiple standing ovations

Yes, I know, oh look, follow the shiny object.

I've had pages stuck during a speech too. It didn't mean that I had a mental illness.

Moreover, her speech was uniting and offered an olive branch to Republicans -- compared to Swampy's inaugural address, that was divisive.

This is telling because Pelosi out-thinks and outsmarts Trump everyday. As an example of crazy things to leave his mouth:

donald-trump-generals-tom-cruise.jpg

What's going to be interesting is the inevitable battle between the newby's, headed by Cortez, who think they now run Congress, and Pelosi, who actually does.

Who is 'you guys'? And yes, I (me alone) think it's fair play when pointing out hypocrisy. My dig at 'whataboutism' was pointing that out I thought. :shrug: More coffee is called for.

(Happy New Year to you OlNate as well! I wish you and yours a great 2019 :) )

I'm just playing with ya, Holbritter. :) It's fun to be silly in silly threads. And I'm always down for more coffee.

Someone told her to quit. Gestured her to quit. CT, here. In her ear, wherever.

Sounds like someone is posting from their wherever.

Sounds like someone is posting from their wherever.

Ears and wherever...........hmmm, sounds familiar!

Truth in advertising, it was eyes instead of ears....

Yes, I know, oh look, follow the shiny object.

I've had pages stuck during a speech too. It didn't mean that I had a mental illness.

Moreover, her speech was uniting and offered an olive branch to Republicans -- compared to Swampy's inaugural address, that was divisive.

This is telling because Pelosi out-thinks and outsmarts Trump everyday. As an example of crazy things to leave his mouth:

donald-trump-generals-tom-cruise.jpg

Why is it that everything Trump says sounds like a ****ing casting call? I mean, what President - or what adult for that matter - would bring up the name of Tom ****ing Cruise when talking about generals?

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Elect a reality TV game show host and you get absolute idiocy.

Back
Top Bottom