• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Confirmed: Mainstream Media Outlets Working Together To Set Climate Agenda

PoS

Minister of Love
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Covering Climate Now signs on over 170 news outlets - Columbia Journalism Review

More than 170 news outlets from around the world with a combined audience of hundreds of millions of people have now signed up for Covering Climate Now, a project co-founded by CJR and The Nation aimed at strengthening the media’s focus on the climate crisis.
All outlets have committed to running a week’s worth of climate coverage in the lead-up to the United Nations Climate Action Summit in New York on Sept. 23. At that meeting, the world’s governments will submit plans to meet the Paris Agreement’s pledge to keep global temperature rise “well below” 2 degrees Celsius.

So we're looking at an obvious agenda here- to brainwash the uninformed public based on an unproven hypothesis and hyperbolic apocalyptic predictions that the world is somehow going to end if the average temperature goes up by less than 2 degrees. And of course the lemmings are going to lap this up.

That's mighty rich coming from someone who gets most of their info from WattsUp. Lemmings, indeed.

All of the news outlets participating will decide for themselves how many climate stories to run during the September week of coverage, and what those stories say. The only requirement is that the participating outlets make a good faith effort to run as much high-quality climate coverage as they can—and thereby signal to their audiences the paramount importance of the climate story.

That's mighty rich coming from someone who gets most of their info from WattsUp. Lemmings, indeed.

If you bothered to look at the link its from a journalism review publication, not from WUWT. Total fail on your part.

Makes sense though, in the worst sort of way we have politicized the issue do badly that about all that is left is making the whole thing a media driven agenda.

If you bothered to look at the link its from a journalism review publication, not from WUWT. Total fail on your part.

But it's a news article about media coverage, not a scientific study about climate change.

Are you denying that you base your opinion about global warming mostly on what you read in WattsUp?

Last edited:
Covering Climate Now signs on over 170 news outlets - Columbia Journalism Review

So we're looking at an obvious agenda here- to brainwash the uninformed public based on an unproven hypothesis and hyperbolic apocalyptic predictions that the world is somehow going to end if the average temperature goes up by less than 2 degrees. And of course the lemmings are going to lap this up.

Oh FFS; words cannot express how disappointed I am with your utter disregard of decades of scientific research. WTF, do you have a self-published book about how humans affecting climate change are basically destroying the planet is some kind of partisan myth? I see no other reason why an intelligent individual who has survived decades with increasingly polluted oceans and drinking water, along with the massive destruction of global ice, rising sea levels, extinction of thousands of land and sea creatures, and the imminent inundation of thousands of miles of coastal land mass around the globe could possibly pretend that "there's nothing to see here, move along."

Humans are destroying this planet. If you don't care, for whatever reason, your grandchildren's and great-grandchildren's generation certainly will care, because they very well may represent that last generation of human beings on what will eventually be a completely dead planet. What on god's green earth do you personally get out of this utterly indefensible propaganda platitude? The mind boggles. Do you believe that as long as you get what you want during your lifetime that the lives of those who come after you no longer matter, because you won't be around to care? I just can't wrap my mind around something so selfish and narcissistic.

CTers gonna CT.

But it's a news article about media coverage, not a scientific study about climate change.

Are you denying that you base your opinion about global warming mostly on what you read in WattsUp?

Yes I am. If you got any proof that I cite my responses based on that blog, then please post it, otherwise youre lying.

Oh FFS; words cannot express how disappointed I am with your utter disregard of decades of scientific research. WTF, do you have a self-published book about how humans affecting climate change are basically destroying the planet is some kind of partisan myth? I see no other reason why an intelligent individual who has survived decades with increasingly polluted oceans and drinking water, along with the massive destruction of global ice, rising sea levels, extinction of thousands of land and sea creatures, and the imminent inundation of thousands of miles of coastal land mass around the globe could possibly pretend that "there's nothing to see here, move along."

Wow, of all the people to come up with a strawman, I never expected it from you, Di. :roll:

Firstly where is this scientific research you speak of that conclusively proves that there will be a climate apocalypse thats gonna happen if the global temp rises by another 2 degrees?

Humans are destroying this planet. If you don't care, for whatever reason, your grandchildren's and great-grandchildren's generation certainly will care, because they very well may represent that last generation of human beings on what will eventually be a completely dead planet. What on god's green earth do you personally get out of this utterly indefensible propaganda platitude? The mind boggles. Do you believe that as long as you get what you want during your lifetime that the lives of those who come after you no longer matter, because you won't be around to care? I just can't wrap my mind around something so selfish and narcissistic.
Destroying the planet? Jesus H Christ this is hyperbole central here. Could you please explain just how are we gonna "kill" the planet? CO2 isnt a Death Star you know- anyone with a knowledge of basic science knows its an essential element we need to live on. :doh

It as a very good initiative. That media companies have for a long time failed in their reporting about climate change. So it good with projects like this to strengthening the media’s focus on the climate crisis.

Climate deniers get more media play than scientists: study

Climate Change plays major role in top 10 underreported humanitarian crises of 2018, shows new report by CARE International | Care International

There the evidence of the urgent need for action on manmade global warming is so overwhelming that even federal agencies under Donald Trump and the fossil fuel companies have to acknowledge it.

Fourth National Climate Assessment

Statements on Paris climate agreement | ExxonMobil

It as a very good initiative. That media companies have for a long time failed in their reporting about climate change. So it good with projects like this to strengthening the media’s focus on the climate crisis.

Climate deniers get more media play than scientists: study

Climate Change plays major role in top 10 underreported humanitarian crises of 2018, shows new report by CARE International | Care International

There the evidence of the urgent need for action on manmade global warming is so overwhelming that even federal agencies under Donald Trump and the fossil fuel companies have to acknowledge it.

Fourth National Climate Assessment

Statements on Paris climate agreement | ExxonMobil

I can post BS links too... see?

Experts Warn Hurricane Dorian Could Devastate Florida’s Wild Sea-Doo Population

https://www.theonion.com/cnn-schedules-7-hour-climate-change-town-hall-1837700925

https://www.theonion.com/report-average-american-must-have-life-ruined-by-natur-1836604584

OH MY GOD THEY AGREED TO REPORT THE NEWS!

What kind of deeply paranoid and utterly retarded worldview would lead a person to concludes that if something is true, news organizations don't report on it? I suppose the same kind of worldview that leads a man (aka, the OP) to elsewhere make sky-is-falling declarations about how he will be forced to become vegan and, in his words, will be "banned from farting".

https://www.debatepolitics.com/envi...prevent-climate-change.html?highlight=farting

The OP only begins to make sense if you start from the paranoid delusion that thousands of scientists around the world have devoted their entire careers to fabricating a hoax so as to convince the government they pay taxes to (typically on the kind of meager salaries people doing studies on government grant can draw for themselves, not that OP knows a ****ing thing about that either) take preventative action, which action will cause those very scientists to pay higher taxes along with the rest of us.

What kind of conspiracy is that supposed to be? They want to waste their lives conspiring to trick the government into raising taxes on them? Well, that's one of many examples of what's wrong with this idiotic denierism. Like 9/11 truthers, the people claiming it's a hoax have never been able to spell out a coherent explanation of why all these scientists want to do it or how they've managed to coordinate all this without one single leak.

Without one single deathbed confession. (Not that deathbed confessions are particularly trustworthy).

It's just stupid bull****. Democrats were the first to listen to climate scientists. Naturally the Republicans had to oppose it. Naturally it's right-wingers (whether or not they admit being right wing) who repeat what they people they vote for say.

Last edited:
All of the news outlets participating will decide for themselves how many climate stories to run during the September week of coverage, and what those stories say. The only requirement is that the participating outlets make a good faith effort to run as much high-quality climate coverage as they can—and thereby signal to their audiences the paramount importance of the climate story.

He's hyperventilating about nothing at a denier's command again, eh? Figures.

He's hyperventilating about nothing at a denier's command again, eh? Figures.

He's probably hyperventilating over that list of media outlets. It was pretty impressive. I'd be gasping for air if I were him, too. lol

He's probably hyperventilating over that list of media outlets. It was pretty impressive. I'd be gasping for air if I were him, too. lol

You falsely accuse me of using WUWT, and then you run away when confronted, why is that? Your dishonesty is noted.

What kind of deeply paranoid and utterly retarded worldview would lead a person to concludes that if something is true, news organizations don't report on it? I suppose the same kind of worldview that leads a man (aka, the OP) to elsewhere make sky-is-falling declarations about how he will be forced to become vegan and, in his words, will be "banned from farting".

https://www.debatepolitics.com/envi...prevent-climate-change.html?highlight=farting

The OP only begins to make sense if you start from the paranoid delusion that thousands of scientists around the world have devoted their entire careers to fabricating a hoax so as to convince the government they pay taxes to (typically on the kind of meager salaries people doing studies on government grant can draw for themselves, not that OP knows a ****ing thing about that either) take preventative action, which action will cause those very scientists to pay higher taxes along with the rest of us.

What kind of conspiracy is that supposed to be? They want to waste their lives conspiring to trick the government into raising taxes on them? Well, that's one of many examples of what's wrong with this idiotic denierism. Like 9/11 truthers, the people claiming it's a hoax have never been able to spell out a coherent explanation of why all these scientists want to do it or how they've managed to coordinate all this without one single leak.

Without one single deathbed confession. (Not that deathbed confessions are particularly trustworthy).

It's just stupid bull****. Democrats were the first to listen to climate scientists. Naturally the Republicans had to oppose it. Naturally it's right-wingers (whether or not they admit being right wing) who repeat what they people they vote for say.

Multiple paragraphs of nothing but BS from you. "Blah, blah, blah- rightwingers do this and that!" Strawmen galore.

Im not a rightwinger, so get your facts straight. If this is the kind of BS thing you do as a lawyer (that you claim to be but its highly doubtful), no chance in hell would I hire you.

I have asked you time and time again to prove there is a climate catastrophe happening and you keep chickening out. Why is that? Its because you have literally NOTHING.

A good book needs to be written that covers all the reasons why there is skepticism about the claims made concerning Climate Change. Predictions that haven’t come true, scenarios that don’t make sense, re- written historical data, silencing of opposing viewpoints, and obvious propaganda.

Question. Pictures over the last few decades of the polar ice caps sure do look different. Where do you suppose the ice is going? Year after year now we're having the hottest summers every recorded, oceans are rising, storms and fires are getting more frequent and more severe. Who ever heard of a cat five hurricane? Certainly not the president who has now had three under his first term. It certainly can't be from the greenhouse gases we've been sending into the atmosphere for at least a hundred years. How can anyone possibly say the weather is changing? It's nature being nature our pollution has nothing to do with it.

I can see it now all those republicans telling their grandkids, it wasn't them denying the climate was changing and we're poisoning our earth our air and our water. They would never vote for that kind of thing. Now then, let's go cut down some forests in alaska and after that we'll start drill baby drill all over again.

Question. Pictures over the last few decades of the polar ice caps sure do look different. Where do you suppose the ice is going? Year after year now we're having the hottest summers every recorded, oceans are rising, storms and fires are getting more frequent and more severe. Who ever heard of a cat five hurricane? Certainly not the president who has now had three under his first term. It certainly can't be from the greenhouse gases we've been sending into the atmosphere for at least a hundred years. How can anyone possibly say the weather is changing? It's nature being nature our pollution has nothing to do with it.

I can see it now all those republicans telling their grandkids, it wasn't them denying the climate was changing and we're poisoning our earth our air and our water. They would never vote for that kind of thing. Now then, let's go cut down some forests in alaska and after that we'll start drill baby drill all over again.

Um, nope.

Highest ever temp recorded was in Death Valley... in 1913. That hasnt been broken.

Highest temperature recorded on Earth - Wikipedia

Major hurricanes are... less frequent:

Don't Believe The Global Warmists, Major Hurricanes Are Less Frequent

So.... it seems you are being lied to since facts are facts. Lemmings get led, while intelligent people look at the facts before passing judgment. Which one are you?

Um, nope.

Highest ever temp recorded was in Death Valley... in 1913. That hasnt been broken.

Highest temperature recorded on Earth - Wikipedia

Major hurricanes are... less frequent:

Don't Believe The Global Warmists, Major Hurricanes Are Less Frequent

So.... it seems you are being lied to since facts are facts. Lemmings get led, while intelligent people look at the facts before passing judgment.

Uh huh and having to evacuate two times in the last three years because of hurricanes is bull****? I live in florida so unless you do too, please don't tell me what's happening here.

Uh huh and having to evacuate two times in the last three years because of hurricanes is bull****? I live in florida so unless you do too, please don't tell me what's happening here.

Are you saying that FL was never hit by hurricanes until 3 years ago? LOL

When they went to force an evacuation of Galveston, TX,
the people who refused to leave , were issues waterproof toe tags,
Most changed their minds!
In you live on the coast, you will get Hurricanes, it is a fact of life.
If you live too close to the water, evacuation is a very good idea.
One of the weather guys in Houston says, "Run from the Water, shelter from the Wind!"
I think it is good advice, up to a cat 4, Cat 4 and up can take down structures, so it is best not to be there
if things come apart.

When they went to force an evacuation of Galveston, TX,
the people who refused to leave , were issues waterproof toe tags,
Most changed their minds!
In you live on the coast, you will get Hurricanes, it is a fact of life.
If you live too close to the water, evacuation is a very good idea.
One of the weather guys in Houston says, "Run from the Water, shelter from the Wind!"
I think it is good advice, up to a cat 4, Cat 4 and up can take down structures, so it is best not to be there
if things come apart.

My ninety five year old in laws live on a barrier island, the ocean is there backyard, we closed the hurricane shutters and left.

Please don't make me think you're really that stupid.

You made the claim that there's more cat 5 hurricanes, so prove it- otherwise youre proving your own stupidity.

A good book needs to be written that covers all the reasons why there is skepticism about the claims made concerning Climate Change. Predictions that haven’t come true, scenarios that don’t make sense, re- written historical data, silencing of opposing viewpoints, and obvious propaganda.

Youre basically arguing with a bunch of fanatics who will not listen to reason. Their minds are set (even though they have no idea what it is theyre supposed to believe in) and nothing will sway them, just like Al Qeda.

My ninety five year old in laws live on a barrier island, the ocean is there backyard, we closed the hurricane shutters and left.
Always a good idea if a storm surge is expected, a wall of water does things the wind usually does not.

You’re the sort of hysterical uninformed Climate Truther who would believe that science textbooks are some nefarious “agenda”. Not that you’ve ever read any.

Back
Top Bottom