• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Confirm Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson?

If you were a Senator how would you vote on Judge Jackson's Supreme Court Nomination?

• Yea

• Nea

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cordelier

18th Earl of Diddly
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Driving on the Parkway/Parking on the Driveway
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
I thought it'd be interesting if we held our own confirmation vote on Judge Jackson's Confirmation and then compare the results with the actual Senate vote.

Feel free to give a speech on why you're voting for or against the nomination.

I thought it'd be interesting if we held our own confirmation vote on Judge Jackson's Confirmation and then compare the results with the actual Senate vote.

Prepare for "this message board heavily leans to the left, and therefore the voting is meaningless, and not representative of society at large."

Yes, she should be confirmed. She is qualified and doesn't have any scandals.

I really want the Senate to get back to the tradition of confirming whoever the president picks as long as they meet those two conditions. But I don't know how we get there.

Waste of time.

The vote is rigged. The UniParty planned this 18 months ago. Everyone...the left, the right and the media...is playing their part in this little song and dance production that promotes the fiction that the Senate is actually considering whether to vote for her or not.

She will be confirmed.

So no. I'm not interested in playing this game. I won't be dragged into "She's awesome!!!/She's trash!!!". (pick one)

The reality is...she was chosen by the Elites.

Waste of time.

The vote is rigged. The UniParty planned this 18 months ago. Everyone...the left, the right and the media...is playing their part in this little song and dance production that promotes the fiction that the Senate is actually considering whether to vote for her or not.

She will be confirmed.

So no. I'm not interested in playing this game. I won't be dragged into "She's awesome!!!/She's trash!!!". (pick one)

Who were Gorsuch, Kavanaugh and ACB chosen by? An Ivy league educated billionaire from NYC who inherited wealth and the republican corporate establishment. But a black woman was chosen by the elites? You're becoming a joke.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

We do not need a repeat of the violence of 2020.

And we do not need Nancy kneeling again in contrition if the lady judge were to be rejected.

There is no logical reason to not confirm her. Sure, Republicans will vote against her for political reasons, but by stealing 2 seats for themselves, they have shredded our democratic tradition of confirming judges nominated by the other party. Utterly shredded it.

Who were Gorsuch, Kavanaugh and ACB chosen by? An Ivy league educated billionaire from NYC who inherited wealth and the republican corporate establishment. But a black woman was chosen by the elites? You're becoming a joke.

Elites means non-demagogues.

Prepare for "this message board heavily leans to the left, and therefore the voting is meaningless, and not representative of society at large."
58% of all Americans think Jackson should be confirmed by the senate. That 58% is broken down to 88% of Democrats, 55% of independents and 31% of Republicans. Even if DP leans left, a good majority of all Americans want her confirmed.

She will be confirmed as she ought to be. It will be interesting to see how many Republicans find the courage and 7ntegrity to do the right thing. I suspect just 3 Collins, Murkowsi and Romney....maybe Portman.

It is the Establishment Elites that are driving the expansion of government; and which party is full steam ahead for expanding government??

Yes, that's right - the Republicrats... however, the Dems can't expand government fast enough to satisfy their lust for power over the people.

So yes, the Elites are behind anyone who will sell their soul to do their bidding.

It's happening whether you want it to or not.

B85548F0-44A3-402E-AFC3-23B5B596912B.jpeg

Correct but it can be also read in another way, most folks don't like republican politics and think the gop is doing what they do best, act like lemmings.

Waste of time.

She will be confirmed.

I agree, most gop senators will vote against her confirmation if that's what you mean? She'll be lucky to get two republican senators to vote for her. Oh those gop elites.

I'd vote to confirm her. I would have voted to confirm Gorsuch too. Kavanaugh, no, but only because of his attitude. I'm not a fan of ACB but I would have voted to confirm her too.

There is no logical reason to not confirm her. Sure, Republicans will vote against her for political reasons, but by stealing 2 seats for themselves, they have shredded our democratic tradition of confirming judges nominated by the other party. Utterly shredded it.
how were those seats "stolen"

I agree, most gop senators will vote against her confirmation if that's what you mean? She'll be lucky to get two republican senators to vote for her. Oh those gop elites.
Oh...she'll get more than two Republicans voting for her, but yeah...most Republicans will vote against her. But not because they do or don't want her, but because their vote will be calculated for political advantage. Some will vote against her because they want their state Republican rank and file to think they really care.

It's already been decided that she will be confirmed.

Voted for Confirmation.

Nothing revealed in my own look at her qualifications and history or anything revealed in the Senate hearings brought fourth any disqualifying reason(s) to not confirm legitimate President Joe Biden's nomination to the Supreme Court.

Vote to confirm.

I see more reasons to support than object to this nominee.

No on the grounds that had the Hunter laptop story not been censored, Biden wouldn't have won election & wouldn't have been able to nominate her.

No on the grounds that had the Hunter laptop story not been censored, Biden wouldn't have won election & wouldn't have been able to nominate her.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, there is no evidence that would have happened, especially since nothing coming to light from the laptop would have made any difference since nothing coming to light from the laptop in any way proved damaging to anyone but Hunter.

But I love the fantasy thinking.

I voted no. I don't support left wingers being appointed to the supreme court.

Back
Top Bottom